PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Inquisition Modding

StarkWrath
03-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Hello, all of you supportive members of 360haven. I am Starkwrath and I am by all means, lost about the modding aspect of certain games. The only means by which I have modded my Xbox games are by either downloading gamesaves, or using easy-to-understand save editors, like Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 editor. During recent months I´ve been scouring the Internet, trying to find someway to mod "Dragon Age Inquisition". The few amount of gamesaves available are not enough for me to use, as I enjoy creating my own character. As most of you know, Jappi88 and others around are currently working on a save editor, but that´s all I heard.

The reason I´m writing is to ask if there is any possibility of modding a save I´m in possession of, or requesting a similar one. I´m aware of certain alternatives, such as Trainers, but I don't have a clue how those work.

Any reply is welcome, and thanks for listening!

Jappi88
03-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Hello, all of you supportive members of 360haven. I am Starkwrath and I am by all means, lost about the modding aspect of certain games. The only means by which I have modded my Xbox games are by either downloading gamesaves, or using easy-to-understand save editors, like Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 editor. During recent months I´ve been scouring the Internet, trying to find someway to mod "Dragon Age Inquisition". The few amount of gamesaves available are not enough for me to use, as I enjoy creating my own character. As most of you know, Jappi88 and others around are currently working on a save editor, but that´s all I heard.

The reason I´m writing is to ask if there is any possibility of modding a save I´m in possession of, or requesting a similar one. I´m aware of certain alternatives, such as Trainers, but I don't have a clue how those work.

Any reply is welcome, and thanks for listening!

As of now there is no way to mod saves without using trainers.
The save data is secured with a custom crc checksum (fully reversed and have it working) , and the actuall save data is shifted multiple times to prevent people from modding their saves.

I am currently reversing their data shifting procedure , and have that almost mapped out.
There will be a real good quality tool after im done, but thats all I can say.

StarkWrath
03-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update!Has the Frostbite engine been causing trouble? Either way I'm positive that alot of people will be happy with the results. I think most would agree when I say that your time and effort into giving people continued enjoyment is greatly admired!

CodyM
03-16-2015, 08:53 PM
As of now there is no way to mod saves without using trainers.
The save data is secured with a custom crc checksum (fully reversed and have it working) , and the actuall save data is shifted multiple times to prevent people from modding their saves.

I am currently reversing their data shifting procedure , and have that almost mapped out.
There will be a real good quality tool after im done, but thats all I can say.

I am just glad that you are making at least some progress here with the Save Editor. No one else has. Good luck man. Once you get the editor made I can finally update the game :P.

Sephiroth
03-17-2015, 03:49 AM
Some videogame companies like BioWare are pricks.
Most videogame companies knows we love cheating in game yet they try their hardest to make it harder for us to mod the game.

Those bastards should look up to Bethesda. Everyone loves Bethesda cuz they allow us to mod their games.
I know their games are buggy/glitchy as hell, but most players loves it.
Bethesda released an awesome tool for the modding community allowing us to mod the pc version of the game but it can also be used if you have a modded ps3 or xbox360.

To be honest, i loved playing Dragon age 1 and 2 but for some reason i just don't like inquisition. I did try playing it few times tho but meh... it sux.

13Dannyboy13
03-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Some videogame companies like BioWare are pricks.
Most videogame companies knows we love cheating in game yet they try their hardest to make it harder for us to mod the game.

Those bastards should look up to Bethesda. Everyone loves Bethesda cuz they allow us to mod their games.
I know their games are buggy/glitchy as hell, but most players loves it.
Bethesda released an awesome tool for the modding community allowing us to mod the pc version of the game but it can also be used if you have a modded ps3 or xbox360.

To be honest, i loved playing Dragon age 1 and 2 but for some reason i just don't like inquisition. I did try playing it few times tho but meh... it sux.
Yeah, I'll take the fallout/skyrim occasional freezes for the ability to mod my saves. I like inquisition, but I hate the grind and rng of trying to farm items, especially the fade touched ones....

budmint2
04-20-2015, 03:37 PM
I just wanted to express my great appreciation to Jappi for his work on this title as well as for all he's done for us in the past. You are awesome Jappi!!

SotiCoto
06-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Blimey.
I was wondering what had been happening with this.
Glad to see it is still on-going. I might yet eventually get a reason to go back to that game... though it feels like aeons since it was released.

EAware really are a bunch of tosspots. Leaving horrible bugs and glitches in favour of patching over benign exploits. Making it so we have to connect to Live (read: patch the game) in order to utilise progress from previous games. Deliberately using shitty encryption to make save-modding difficult. Old Bioware never would have done this... before EA ate them. I used to mod the Infinity Engine games like crazy, and loved every moment of it. They must really hate the people who pay their bills.

Oh well... I hope this all gets resolved before 2016... and with any luck, EAware won't immediately throw in a new patch to ruin it all again.
Thanks for all your efforts, Jappi... and I hope you're getting some enjoyment out of the challenge at least!

Sunblaze
06-17-2015, 04:21 AM
I agree. The endless farming they seems to want you to do brings me back. If I had the inclination or time I'd probably still be playing EQ(played from launch) but with life and a new baby time sinks are not an option. Hats off to the people like Jappi who help extend the life of our favorite games.

Guyryu
07-21-2015, 10:08 AM
But, Jappi, the save editor, if you achieve success, will allow to modify the defalt oworld state, allowing to make it like my previous games decisions were imported? If so, man, you are the MAN. Thanks a lot for your effort. Praying for your success. Cheers.

SotiCoto
08-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Wasn't there a correct thread for this? ... I couldn't find it with Google... so I'm not sure where it might be.

BoomShadow
09-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks so much Jappi! I've been patiently been waiting for your work to be release, can't wait!

jordanch68
09-13-2015, 11:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking for the save editor too. Also if you need someone to beta test it let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
Chris

Sunblaze
09-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Haven't seen anything besides trainers since Apri(i don't k ow much about them, you have to physically modify your Xbox don't you?) I'm sure one will come out but I have a feeling everyone's working on new generation stuff. You can use some of the saves on this site and play offline without the patches though.

CodyM
09-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Hi, I'm looking for the save editor too. Also if you need someone to beta test it let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
Chris
It should be pretty damn obvious by now that it isn't going to happen.

Sunblaze
09-15-2015, 04:56 PM
It should be pretty damn obvious by now that it isn't going to happen.
I wouldn't say that. I understand that Jappi has done a ton of work in the beginning, can't really see that going to waste. If he doesn't finish it someone else can take it up. (someone with considerable more knowledge than I have atm) have patience, real life events happen too.

CodyM
09-15-2015, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't say that. I understand that Jappi has done a ton of work in the beginning, can't really see that going to waste. If he doesn't finish it someone else can take it up. (someone with considerable more knowledge than I have atm) have patience, real life events happen too.

It's the amount of effort he is willing to put in a game that has been out for quite some time now. He will most likely focus on the more recently released games.

Sunblaze
10-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Any way Jappi or anyone else who might be working on one to give us any info?

SotiCoto
12-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Personally, I'm still holding out hope that Jappi will get this completed.

I quit playing Inquisition after my first playthrough because they patched the glitches that made the game tolerable... and largely because I knew this was being worked on, so I wanted to wait for this to be finished before I tried to get the rest of the achievements in-game.

And I intend to keep waiting.

I figure it has to get done eventually... surely?
I mean the 360 generation is all but ended now, and I don't know how moddable the XBone games are... so that might free up the opportunity to get back to this, right?

Seriously. This has to happen or EA win. =(

Lacp
12-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I honestly don't think this is going to happen.

Sensouxck
12-21-2015, 04:45 AM
cool just hope its good

Jackal4208
01-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Iv beaten the game 5 times and love it but I want to mod just for fun now

FloDoc
11-23-2017, 08:00 PM
So I guess there will be no editor for this game? Is the encryption that difficult to break? I have found the save function for the PS3 and X360 versions, I just don't know enough about encryption to do anything with it. The PC save editor works for the Xbox version of the game, it just needs a checksum fixer.