PDA

View Full Version : [News] First screenshots of Dragon Age: Inquisition single-player DLC

THUMBS
03-24-2015, 12:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NB3dOkA_B3g
UPDATE: Due tomorrow on Xbox One and PC. Called Jaws of Hakkon.
UPDATE 23/03/2015 8.45pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws of Hakkon DLC is out tomorrow on Xbox One and PC after all. Dragon Age's official Twitter account cleared up the matter.

UPDATE 23/03/2015 6.28pm: The Dragon Age: Inquisition story DLC is called Jaws of Hakkon and it's coming to Xbox One and PC first, the official Dragon Age Twitter account confirmed.

It included the following image teasing a trailer due tomorrow.
ORIGINAL STORY 23/03/2015 4.51pm: A set of leaked Dragon Age: Inquisition achievements has revealed our first look at a new single-player DLC.

The untitled expansion has yet to be announced by BioWare, but the achievement images and descriptions hint at what the add-on will include.

Four achievements are unlockable in the new DLC (thanks, Xbox Achievements).

Spoilers below.
The first award, Firestarter (15G), is awarded for destroying all Winter Shards and lighting all fires in a new location, the "Old Temple".
The next, Legend-Marked (30G), is awarded when you impress the Avvar tribe of Stone-Bear Hold and gain their friendship. The human Avvar have already made an appearance in Inquisition, although their influence was fairly minor.

Players were previously asked to impress a Dalish clan in what may be a similar fashion - via completing side-quests and missions to rank up influence.
The third award, Historian (30G), hints at you uncovering secrets of a "legendary figure". An elf is shown in the imagery.
nd the final award, Winter's End (90G), is awarded when you "dispel a myth of ancient days".

Speaking to Eurogamer earlier this month, Dragon Age: Inquisition creative director Mike Laidlaw hinted that the game's first single-player add-on would be revealed in the not-too-distant future.

Laidlaw said that he was aware that fans wanted new areas to explore, but also a story continuation for the game's post-credits scene.

"The two big pulls are - 'I want more of this game' and 'I've reached the ending and I want to know more about the characters, or one specific character'," Laidlaw teased.

"I don't want to go into too much detail but I'm well aware of both of those camps and I'd like to see both of those groups satisfied before we're done."