PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems: Who here loves them?

DrunkenPriest21
07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I know this may be a bit misleading topic, but it is a serious question. I've had a my fair share of them. First my laptop hard drive seems to have died, then my desk top needs a windows boot disk because a file is corrupt. So fun. But yes my good friends, what sort of computer problems have you had to put up with lately?

saberdragon18
07-11-2011, 12:52 AM
My Desktop got a virus, had to do a system restore to fix it. Then my nephew was on facebook doing does little question things and got a virus and corrupted my wife's account on the laptop. I had to delete her account and now she is using mine.

CloudStrife7x
07-11-2011, 12:59 AM
i so far have not had any problems with my desktop or 3 laptops, but my older brothers laptop on the other hand has had a crap load of problems. First virus and spyware, then cd/dvd rom failure, then registry issues which cause bsod like nobodies business, then harddrive issues, then battery failure, and then battery adapter failure, all in all, nothing too bad, lol

saberdragon18
07-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm glad I haven't had that kind of bad luck yet.

Paprika
07-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Never haD any real issues with my PC that weren't my fault, which is only external harddrives stop working due to leaving them plugged in constantly. Other than that I've never had a problem:)

U Jelly:P

DrunkenPriest21
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Never haD any real issues with my PC that weren't my fault, which is only external harddrives stop working due to leaving them plugged in constantly. Other than that I've never had a problem:)

U Jelly:P

Just a bit. Just a bit...

As for my desk top computer I had completely rebuilt it after and ex of mine screwed it up. Lived with her 3 weeks, and she managed to screw it up pretty much completely because she kept going to places to watch "free" movies or other things she -thought- would be good ideas. Ended up corrupting Windows XP for me. I wish I was lucky enough to not have to worry about computer problems. but so far, that hasn't come true yet.

CloudStrife7x
07-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm glad I haven't had that kind of bad luck yet.

i know what u mean, i use my brother's laptop before i gave it to him and nothing bad ever happened to me, but the second i give it to him, his wife screws it up like nothing, blows my mind how people can screw up a computer so bad, lol

gwolf02
07-12-2011, 06:14 AM
After fixing a laptop, it doesn't want to detect the household router.

pureIso
07-12-2011, 11:10 AM
I think is computer break week :S.
I just got mine back running but sadly my GPU didn't make it.

Remember People:
Run Disk Check
Defragment
Disk Clean!!!
Blow those dalm dust of your computer
Use, Anti Virus, Firewall(not windows) and Anti Malware/Adware - Optional No Script
Finally Clean the registery

DrunkenPriest21
07-14-2011, 02:50 AM
I think is computer break week :S.
I just got mine back running but sadly my GPU didn't make it.

Remember People:
Run Disk Check
Defragment
Disk Clean!!!
Blow those dalm dust of your computer
Use, Anti Virus, Firewall(not windows) and Anti Malware/Adware - Optional No Script
Finally Clean the registery

All very good suggestions. I loved my anti-virus I had, but I need a new subscription for it, once I get my laptop back, which will hopefully be in the next few days...I miss it, so very much.

Ryudo
07-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I love computer problems as long as they don't happen to me. Since it's my moneymaking business to fix them. :P

Only problem I recently had was a failing HDD.