PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Army of Two: 40th Day money mod tutorial?

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 02:39 AM
Hi all,
Sorry if this game is way too old for people to care about now, but I thought I'd give this a shot. Also I have done a search in the forums I would assume a tutorial to be and have found nothing, so forgive me if this is a repost as well.

I've noticed the resigner in the download section for this game (Thank you JizzaBeez) and I just wondered, how would I go about moding my money? I guess I can figure out the rest on my own.

There are two files to extract in the save game, and I don't know which one has the value for money. Well, they both do for me, but modding them both then resigning is fruitless at the moment. Would appreciate any help anyone can supply. I'm a bit of an editing noob so to speak, so laymen's terms please. :)

Insane JIC
07-23-2011, 03:12 AM
Post the save and stats.

Jappi88
07-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Your money is stored in your gpd.
Post your gpd with the amount of money.

Insane JIC
07-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing he doesn't know...Cause I don't know what GPD is lol

Jappi88
07-23-2011, 10:12 AM
GPD = Gamer profile data, or Gamer player data...

the GPD is stored inside your profile... the name of the gpd is the title id from the game.
every game creates a gpd inside your profile for storing some of the player data.

so use lefluffie or modio to open your profile and search for "454108d8.gpd" and extract it.

then send me the gpd with your current amount of money.

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm glad you asked about that, because I had no idea either :D
Thanks for the help lads, I've included the GPD in this post. Is it just a case of searching for the hex in this file, and then changing it to what you want? Or is it more complicated than that. I know there's always something funny you have to do with EA games usually.
But yeah, if you could give me a running commentary as you go, so I could learn for future reference as to what to do, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!
I'm an idiot, almost forgot to include money amount.

Jappi88
07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm glad you asked about that, because I had no idea either :D
Thanks for the help lads, I've included the GPD in this post. Is it just a case of searching for the hex in this file, and then changing it to what you want? Or is it more complicated than that. I know there's always something funny you have to do with EA games usually.
But yeah, if you could give me a running commentary as you go, so I could learn for future reference as to what to do, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!
I'm an idiot, almost forgot to include money amount.

The gpd has a checksum (security) so it will corrupt when you edit the gpd.

But the security has been found by PUR3 RAF3X Buddah. I 'm able now to fix it.

I, m not at home now, but when i get there i'l mod your money.'

Jappi88
07-23-2011, 04:00 PM
oke , try this one...1678

open you profile with modio or Lefluffie
Find 454108D8.GPD and click "replace file"
then select the modded one and click Rehash/Resign , Or with Lefluffie goto security and click on fix.

thats it, try and let me know the result

Note : I'm Not sure if this works, it may be coruppted. and may damage the game progress, so be aware.

Buddah
07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
security was found by whom??:-r but single player money in stored in the save....

Jappi88
07-23-2011, 04:14 PM
as far as i know the checksum is found BY PUR3 RAF3X.

Ammo, progress, and maybe more is stored in your save, but the money is stored inside the profile. (.GPD)

Edit : sorry mate, i saw the security archive , and noticed that you found the checksum.

Pur3 did show me how to fix it, and gave me a bookmark.

Buddah
07-23-2011, 04:27 PM
i found them...Here (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?356-Xbox-360-Security-Archive&p=20592&viewfull=1#post20592)

Also your GPD you edited you did not fix the security so it will not load for this guy

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but that's the truth. As soon as I load up the game, it comes up saying my data is corrupted and that some data may have been lost. I back up everything mind you, so it's no big deal. Any way we can get around this and make it so it does actually load? Thanks for trying though.

Buddah
07-23-2011, 04:54 PM
try this one....

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Same problem :/ I'm still supposed to be resign/hashing the profile once I'm done right? I have been, I just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Can't work out what it is that I'm doing wrong, I just assumed this would be a relatively straightforward thing to do. :S

Buddah
07-23-2011, 05:35 PM
well we try until we get something then....

i used the gpd jappi made to fix the hash the first time....this time i edited my own...notice the file size difference...something was up with the first one

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Well how strange, that's definitely given me the extra cash I wanted. Why wasn't it working with my profile I wonder? Anyway, you've been a fantastic help, thanks so much for being patient and helping me with this. I really appreciate it. :)

Edit : Think it's safe to go on-line with this amendment to my profile? I don't see why not, but I just thought I'd get a professional opinion.

Buddah
07-23-2011, 06:01 PM
should be fine...and that is your gpd ;)

Crimzonsea
07-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Ah, yes. As you can see, I've a lot to learn still. :P Anyway, really appreciate the help and time put in. Thanks again.

c0d3y
10-30-2011, 11:47 PM
So what would one have to do to gain access to the information required to mod army of two 40th day, either the gpd,?, or game save. I have some experience editing game saves, but its the bare minimum. I am not requesting anyone do the work for me, just point me in the right direction or let me know how it was accomplished. I would like to edit the amount of money available to my mate and I in split-screen co-op mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Codey

nightlife3
11-26-2016, 02:01 AM
thans of the tutorial.

Idlehands88
11-26-2016, 11:15 AM
thans of the tutorial.

Ummmm, what tutorial? Please show me where this magical tutorial is, I can't see it anywhere......