PDA

View Full Version : Ganon not in Skyward Sword

longy999
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM

Ganon will not be in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, says Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

"Ganon typically appears in a Zelda game when the story is centered around the Triforce," said Aonuma in an interview with Nintendo Power (obtained by Nintendo Charged. "This time around, the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story. So because of that, Ganon will not appear."

He'll be replaced by the wan-faced wizard Lord Ghirahim, who has popped up in recent trailers. The gaunt villain was purposefully designed to contrast with Ganon's "very masculine, powerful, evil" characteristics.

When asked if Ghirahim reminded him of David Bowie, Aonuma agreed that there were similarities; to contrast with Ganon, he was given a "unisex-like, genderless feel".

Aonuma also said the game will shake-up the increasingly-familiar Zelda formula. Typically, "the Master Sword has been something that Link seeks out, finds, and uses to destroy Ganon," said Aonuma. "This time around it's more centered on the creation of the Master Sword - the way it was born, so to speak. Link kind of forges it along the way. It's more centred on that, which is a different pattern than we have had in a lot of ways."

A few details about how Zelda will be portrayed were also released. This time around, she'll be a "great childhood friend" of Link's, and not a princess "in the traditional sense". But as always, she'll have a "tremendous fate placed on her shoulders".

He also confirmed that the game takes place before Ocarina of Time, but would not commit himself to saying that it was chronologically the first Zelda game.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is due for release on Wii this Christmas.

Serious_M
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Ganon,s time is over yeah:bigsmile2:

CloudStrife7x
07-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Ganon,s time is over yeah:bigsmile2:

Yeah beat him up so many times, now its time to own this new enemy

Emerald Lance
07-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Definitely not tired of Ganon (say what you will about Wind Waker, but Ganon's never been more evil in any other game). Of course, it makes sense that we don't see him in this game. Like Eiji Aonuma said, it takes place before Ocarina of Time. Well, with that in mind, OoT was the first chronological appearance of Ganon, so as much as I'd love to see him in the next Zelda game, I'm glad he isn't (for continuity's sake).

That said, the next time we DO see Ganon, I'd like for him to be more like how he was in Wind Waker. He wasn't just evil, we was downright insane! And that is more terrifying than simply wanting to rule the world. I mean, just listen to the laugh at the beginning of this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwHeAIXbjY