PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Kinect causes older 360's to Red Ring.

LordHex
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
This is all of the info I've found on the subject (http://www.winrumors.com/kinect-causing-rrod-on-some-older-xbox-360s/); I'm curious if any of you have experienced problems with Kinect and an old 360.
http://www.winrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/xboxrrod.jpg

“It wasn’t until I got my kinect that I had problems. right after getting it, worked fine. Day one of getting it, worked fine, day two, constant freezing and eventual RRoD. My xbox NEVER had froze or anything before this.”

A buddy of mine swears that his launch 360 runs hotter and slower with Kinect attached... I haven't seen it 1st hand, so I can't confirm it.

jkipp82
01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
If thats the case its just because its pulling more power to the usb other than that i think its full of crap.

Hipolipolopigus
01-05-2011, 01:47 AM
It's plausible, though. Another fail for MS if it turns out to be more than a rumor.

x Revenge Inc x
01-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Happened to me 7 hours in lol went and bought a new model 360 works fine now, my fans in my old elite were going crazy when i used Kinect and that elite is only 3 months old....so yeah, apparently Kinect is causing problems with people with darker skin too can't recognize there face as well as on lighter people, i think Kinect is racist... Also alot of people who are over six foot as i am have had problems i know i have, especially on fighting games, its ridiculous how much you pay for this thing, you atleast expect it to work and not blow up your xbox lol

kero
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Im surprised there are any of those original models left now. For anybody whe actually uses them the RRoD is enevitable. Probably with kinect running its just that extra bit that sends them over the edge.

iamzed
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Well when people go out and buy a new xbox when the last one they had was only 3 months old Companys like Mirosoft know they can make subpar products can get away with it because most people have no standards.

x Revenge Inc x
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Lawl i think mine was a 2009 elite, it was brand new. bought it 3 months ago.

LordHex
01-07-2011, 06:07 AM
....so yeah, apparently Kinect is causing problems with people with darker skin too can't recognize there face as well as on lighter people, i think Kinect is racist... Also alot of people who are over six foot as i am have had problems i know i have, especially on fighting games, its ridiculous how much you pay for this thing, you atleast expect it to work and not blow up your xbox lol

LOL

I'm over 6 feet tall and I have major problems.. especially with throwing things like javelin and shotput in Kinect Sports.

BTW: Some HP laptops & webcams with facial tracking are racist too... I wonder if they're working with Microsoft. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DT3tQqgRM

CloudStrife7x
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
So far my younger brothers old 360 hasnt rrod yet and he uses the kinect non stop, his 360 is 2 years old, maybe hes lucky or something lol

x Revenge Inc x
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
It's annoying eh? the Javelin just throws itself when ever it feels like it, i think Microshaft need to work harder on there products rather then rush them to get peoples money... test test then test again... it picks my face and voice up just fine, its just with the running and throwing, and that game fighters uncaged...that game is an asshole to me lol

Genesis
01-08-2011, 03:11 AM
LOL

I'm over 6 feet tall and I have major problems.. especially with throwing things like javelin and shotput in Kinect Sports.

BTW: Some HP laptops & webcams with facial tracking are racist too... I wonder if they're working with Microsoft. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DT3tQqgRM

Atleast when the terminators come they won't see the black dude lol.

I have a friend that's to black for tv and his hp comp won't follow him for crap:(

LordHex
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Atleast when the terminators come they won't see the black dude lol.

I have a friend that's to black for tv and his hp comp won't follow him for crap:(

LOL "Too black for TV"

ROFL @ Microsoft / HP being behind Terminators... If Terminators were by HP, they'd break down after a year or two, if they were by Microsoft they'd get the Red Ring of Death or Blue Screen of Death.

NINJA JAY
01-09-2011, 04:17 AM
I Have 3 boxes, 1 is a 2009 elite another is a 1 year old arcade and the other is a launch model...2 have had RROD before and I fixed and the arcade was corrected before it ever became a problem...they all have been hooked up to my Kinect and 0 problems have occurred (thankfully). I hope this does not happen soon, but in my arcade box I have the 2 extra fans inside running on the heatsinks to cool them down faster and I have the intercooler on the back to draw out the heat quicker and the top is custom cut and covered with mesh wire to allow heat to rise straight up and out and easy cleaning! canned air keeps her clean!!! So maybe that helps a little...IDK

Renegade
01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
I have a 2010 Jasper Elite, No problems here, Haven't used Kinect much due to work and my current state, But when i did there was no extra heat or freezing issues with it.

BahamasTJET
01-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I was thinking the same on my new xbox it was fine and as soon as i used it on my regular xbox my color start going in and out and all type of foolishness, the only reason i used it on the reg xbox is because its modded and all my kinect games are burnt but i wouldn't put it pass the fact that the kinect is doing something.