PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox dashboard now has a name: Twist Control

jkipp82
08-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Update: It sounds like "Twist Control" is a generic name for the panel-scrolling UI element which has appeared in various Microsoft products, such as the Zune HD, and not the proper name for the Dashboard.
We thought it was a little fishy -- in an interview with Joystiq earlier this month, Microsoft's David Dennis said the company was calling the updated interface the "new dash," because "we didn't want it to stick like NXE did." We apologize for the confusion.

During floor demos at Gamescom, Microsoft revealed the moniker of its new, Kinect-centric Xbox 360 Dashboard: "Twist Control." We think we can all agree that this is the best name that the platform's navigation tools have had thus far. Well, okay, "Blades" might give it a run for its money, but it'd be a pretty close race.

Then again, we haven't seen much twisting from the interface -- isn't there a more context appropriate title out there? Something like "Space Windows" or "Wizard Buttons" or "The Telekinesis Engine" or "Intangible Frames" or "The Even Newer Xbox Experience" or "Minority Report" or "Bark Commands at Your Xbox Until Your Neighbors Think That You Are a Legit Crazy Person."

CloudStrife7x
08-20-2011, 01:23 AM
i like the last name the best "Bark Commands at Your Xbox Until Your Neighbors Think That You Are a Legit Crazy Person", lol nice info jkipp

Paprika
08-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Bark Commands at Your Xbox Until Your Neighbors Think That You Are a Legit Crazy Person

Greatest system update name EVER

anotherguy
08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
"Bark Commands at Your Xbox Until Your Neighbors Think That You Are a Legit Crazy Person"

hahahahaha...+1

I don't have a kinect, but i like that they are expanding the "experience" for those that do. I just hope this "twist" desktop can integrate with themes a bit better than the current one does.

Serious_M
08-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Do the TWIST :casquemusik: LOL

BrayWyatt
08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
ide rather have the blade dashboard.

Krauser
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM
i like the last name the best "Bark Commands at Your Xbox Until Your Neighbors Think That You Are a Legit Crazy Person", lol nice info jkipp
I agree with this ^^ hilarious

sirhc1983
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
There are things to like about it and thing that I could do without

Judd
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Twist Control huh? Weird name, I just want to have it already I love getting new dashboards lol

roosen5
11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
well, only works on a jasper, my falcon doesnt run it

Paprika
11-22-2011, 04:47 AM

Man I miss that dashboard:(

but I got the new dashboard, my god it feels cluttered, too much info on the panels. kinda stupid as well on the fact that the game in the drive will be in a little corner in the top right while in the center is a large promotion. should sort of be the other way around but whatever. At least they didn't change the guide button save this "beacon feature" (no idea what it does)

Overall I do not like it

Emerald Lance
11-22-2011, 06:25 AM
I think the whole thing looks uglier than sin. So far it looks like a more cluttered version of the PS3's UI (which, might I add, is very clean looking). I dunno, maybe it's the whole horizontal thing, but I can't stand the way it looks.

Ravanofdarkness
11-22-2011, 08:31 PM

I Agree, the Blade Dashboard was still one of my favorite ones.

MidasClaw
12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
The new dashboard freezes after a few mins while a game disk is in. But when there's none or paying the game it doesn't freeze
Sent from my T9295 using Board Express