PDA

View Full Version : Sony Price Drop Won't Affect Vita and Valve pleased with Sony

BrayWyatt
08-23-2011, 11:44 PM
http://www.qj.net/images/stories/valve-logo2.jpg

Despite lucking out with the security of it's users, Sony has turned everything around in just two months. From dropping the price of their console to the amount of great publicity and acclaim their games are getting, Sony seems to know how to really make the best of a bad situation.

Gabe Newell, Valve President, praised Sony for their recent choices with third-party developers and Sony's online strategy for the PS3, which allows third parties a lot more freedom and flexibility to provide content and services. Newell says that Valve will make sure that Sony benefits from this flexibility, and thinks that other developers should follow suit.

"[Sony has] done the scary thing and I think it's up to us as developers to make sure Sony and its customers are rewarded," Newell said to gaming website Develop. "We and other developers have to show we're creating value to Sony for opening up its network. We have to show them it's a smart business move." He said that the release of the first DLC for Portal 2 would show the value of Sony's decision to allow Steam onto the PS3, and that Valve would work hard to increase the "overall play value" of the game.

Sony also came out this week and were incredibly happy and glad to calm investors as well as consumers on the price drop with the PS3 not going to affect their upcoming handheld. Tech Analyst Michael Pachter was talking with The Sixth Axis about the PS Vita and claimed, "I’m not sure that they are trying to sell both to the same person as alternatives to one another. People who want both...will buy both".

Pachter was well known during the security crisis earlier this year claiming Sony would need to really open up to it's consumers to get their trust which was not too far off the mark. He believes the same transperancy would be needed for the PS Vita launch. "The market for Vita is pretty small, given that it’s an expensive dedicated handheld with primarily hardcore games", but he did continue with people saying that more consumers would compare the Vita to Apple's iPad than to Sony's PS3.

pureIso
08-23-2011, 11:59 PM
How much is the PS3 now?

BrayWyatt
08-24-2011, 12:09 AM
$249.99

i had to get a new one. count of the quake. i was playing the new deus ex game when it hit. it stopped playing games.

azulthewise
08-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Personaly dislike valve think they should not have anything to do with any console and what quake the one in VA?