PDA

View Full Version : Insomiac: Resistance 4 could go to another developer

BrayWyatt
08-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Resistance 3's creative director Marcus Smith says the next installment of the sci-fi shooter series could be handed off to another studio as they are currently focused on branching out to other projects.

http://www.qj.net/images/stories/Misc/122709/resistance3.jpg

"I think Insomniac has always branched out," Smith said in an interview with Gaming Union. "I loved the Spyro the Dragon series when [Insomniac] did that. I didn't work there at the time, and I was bummed when they didn't work on the fourth game, but ultimately, I think it was healthy for them to move on. I think that's what we're seeing here."

He continued: "We've done Resistance 3 and we're really into it and proud of it, but we're not currently slated to do a Resistance 4. So it would be hard to say it's any kind of lynchpin within Insomniac. I think we're thriving and branching out in a lot of different directions.

Smith also refered two Resistance spin-offs that have been handed to other developers, the previous Resistance Retribution by Sony Bend, and the upcoming Resistance: Burning Skies for PlayStation Vita by Nihilistic Software.

"Nihilistic is already doing a [Resistance] Vita game, which is going to be awesome. We really respect those guys as game developers. Sony Bend did Resistance Retribution on PSP. We’ve got a lot of different places for the universe to go, so I could certainly see the series going to another developer. I’m sure Sony would want to find a high caliber developer to do a good offering. I don’t think they’d hand the franchise over to somebody who is going to screw it up."

Resistance 3 will be out on September 6, 2011. Insomiac is currently working on Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and its first multiplatform game, Overstrike.