PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands 2 Gameplay (just over 14 minutes long)

BrayWyatt
09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.ps3.qj.net

ZOMG New footage...or rather first part of gameplay footage, 14 minutes worth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo6f6oZ0R-4&feature=player_embedded

The video contains some pretty lovely visuals. Same cel-shaded look, but the animation of some of the characters looks really good. The speaker exclaims they've upgraded the psycho's AI for the game as well as a few other creatures and characters, this includes parts where they can get into cover and get to higher ground to get you.

Also in the video :

[spoiler]Disposable Guns...which explode...when you throw them...and explode bigger, the more ammo you leave in them.

Nomad - a boss in the game - who uses a Midget as meat shield.

The mission the player of the level is in "A Dam Fine Resource" I can only assume is a quest mission to fix or build a dam, which could mean a whole new set of areas with rivers.

Introduction of Salvador - The Gunzerker (who may have Jaundice or was from The Simpsons), Handsome Jack - a villain and a few other hilarious travellers on Pandora.

Huge magazines for weapons now and the game takes place 9 years after Borderlands 1.

The game will be in co-op split screen like the last game. Definitely Co-Op gaming

A new place called Bloodshot Rampart as well as Island City and new colours in the game such as green.

Markus is a celebrated and worshipped Gunlord.

When you are losing health, your screen gets bloody, but like James Bond dripping down your screen bloody (a bit in the way, but still cool)

Roland was captured from the first game and brought back as NPC's.

New mini-map to see objectives clearer.

Sirens confirmed for returning with 4 new characters (and a few surprises)

Hyperion is still in the game and a mega-global corporation trying to take over Pandora.

Brand new perks and skills "Out of Bubblegum" and "Get Some" (DNF, anyone?)

Badasses, Psychos are back, Robots are in the game too!

No, I could not be more excited, why do you ask?

The footage is from the PC version and looks fantastic as well as running smoothly. I remember a lot of people complaining (pre-patch) of the game being a bit shoddy when it came out for PC, but I guess they're focusing on them specifically for this one from the get go, which is always great to hear.

The game seems to be quite far along considering it's still being written, rendered and such. I guess an engine upgrade and considering the release date being over a year away, there is so much to be made, tweaked, created and the guys at Gearbox have been known to work really fast.

Original Boss
09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Im sorry but fallout your just shit LOL borderlands FTW

CloudStrife7x
09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Awesome share Sterling 14min is definately worth watching, this game is going to be epic for sure :)

Serious_M
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Great looking footage and nice share Sterling

vicious350z
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Why so long away, come on February, Borderlands is by far the best of its own and there is no game like it. People tried to say Brink was going to be like it but Brink sucked. I can live with the release date being far away because when November comes.... HELLO Skyrim....

vicious350z
09-13-2011, 05:26 PM
they pulled the video of the gameplay, going to track it down.. maybe youtube?

Siusum
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtxx8iyskQ

Here's the video reposted. Can't wait for this!

ailab
09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
that was great !!!

Revoltech
09-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow!
Really appreciate the video guys, I was hoping to see more on the Siren but oh well, the game is confirmed to be sick!