PDA

View Full Version : Dead island god mode and infinite ammo works online

Original Boss
09-10-2011, 11:36 PM
A simple tutorial on how to get god mode and infinite ammo

1. Get your profile onto your desktop

2. Next open horizon and drag and drop your profile into it

3. Go to the contents tab and look for the .GPD number 4B4D07DF click replace and pick the modified .GPD
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9180/unledvzg.jpg
Pic not necessary but meh

4. Once done click rehash and resign and go have fun

.GPD
http://www.mediafire.com/?ale3o0le07vl0ka

Massive credit to

Myself
For providing the modification from my JTAG and the .GPD

Other credit to

o HORIZONS o
ninjaflip253

For testing the .GPD

if you feel your credit is not been given properly then PM me :)

NOTE

This GPD has now been patched for online play it will only work for offline if you clear your cache

Im not sure if any bypass is possible

Crazy07
09-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Does this reset your achievements for Dead Island?

Swiftus
09-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Does this reset your achievements for Dead Island?

This and is it from the beginning of the game?

EDIT: Never mind works like a bloody charm, loving it!

007sonic
09-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Sweet gona test this out now

Vincent Valentine
09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Sweet gona test this out now
lol no need to test it, you need to use it :P i was first to test it.
Be sure to go into the options and change it from single player to xbox live (do not be playing your save when trying to switch the options it will not let you unless ur at the main menu)

pureIso
09-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Does this game have online mode?

Vincent Valentine
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Does this game have online mode?
yes the online is co-op with 3 other people, you can play with your friends or with randoms but thats the only online

pureIso
09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
yes the online is co-op with 3 other people, you can play with your friends or with randoms but thats the only online

Oh, I didn't know that. :)

xtazc
09-11-2011, 12:45 PM
works great another cool release fun game to

mrsweet
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Is this only for jtag or will it work on retail as well?

Original Boss
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Is this only for jtag or will it work on retail as well?

Its for retail i would not put works online otherwise :-r

mrsweet
09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Didnt work for me :( After I resigned the profile and signed it all my achievements were gone :( Good thing I made a backup first lol

Renegade
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
If you do not want to be banned/suspended/reset, I suggest you keep this to offline, If you have unlocked achievements, and then use this GPD, Obviously it's going to contain no gamerscore, Kinda fishy if it shows you hhaving X number unlocked, and 0 achievements..Keep it to offline.

mrsweet
09-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Good to know. This is the first time I ever tried using a gpd. Thanks Renegade.

Renegade
09-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Good to know. This is the first time I ever tried using a gpd. Thanks Renegade.It's very wise you made a backup :), Otherwise if you connected to XBL with that, it would sync, After that, there's no going back.

jkipp82
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
dont you have to pay for horizon?

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 06:02 PM
If you do not want to be banned/suspended/reset, I suggest you keep this to offline, If you have unlocked achievements, and then use this GPD, Obviously it's going to contain no gamerscore, Kinda fishy if it shows you hhaving X number unlocked, and 0 achievements..Keep it to offline.

Basic laws of GPD's. I kinda put it at the back of my mind that others may over look this. Everytime someone comes up with GPD mods this generally is an issue

dont you have to pay for horizon?
Only certain portions of the program require you to have a Premium membership

Vincent Valentine
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Yep and well Original Boss made the GPD to 0 Achievements unlocked was because people were complaining that it would unlock the achievements that he already had thus they couldn't unlock them they're selves. I am trying to find others with more mods that they have turned on with the Dev Menu and see if any more mods will stick but sadly no one has uploaded there GPD

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Yep and well Original Boss made the GPD to 0 Achievements unlocked was because people were complaining that it would unlock the achievements that he already had thus they couldn't unlock them they're selves. I am trying to find others with more mods that they have turned on with the Dev Menu and see if any more mods will stick but sadly no one has uploaded there GPD

No other mods are going to transfer over that i know of

Original Boss
09-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Well i have just started this game and i use the GPD and my achievements dont go away and i still can earn them im sure if you can unlock an achievement your gamerscore will re appear i dont think it does sync with xbl because you think about it if you mod your gamerscore and you sync it with xbl people say you can not get it to go back to 0 now your saying this does that ? it may look like that but i doubt it actually stays like it all i can say is mine is fine not sure why others are having a problem

Renegade
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Well i have just started this game and i use the GPD and my achievements dont go away and i still can earn them im sure if you can unlock an achievement your gamerscore will re appear i dont think it does sync with xbl because you think about it if you mod your gamerscore and you sync it with xbl people say you can not get it to go back to 0 now your saying this does that ? it may look like that but i doubt it actually stays like it all i can say is mine is fine not sure why others are having a problemIt does sync with xbox LIVE, everytime you sign into LIVE, it syncs with the server, It will obviously pick up the 0g, even if you DO unlock them again.

Vincent Valentine
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
It does sync with xbox LIVE, everytime you sign into LIVE, it syncs with the server, It will obviously pick up the 0g, even if you DO unlock them again.
oh well at least the god mode/unlimited ammo will stick when u turn off and back on your xbox, Until it is patched at least lol

Renegade
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
oh well at least the god mode/unlimited ammo will stick when u turn off and back on your xbox, Until it is patched at least lolI guess, but the fact is, Beware of using this, As it could indeed mess up someone, I suggest adding a little disclaimer to the original post Boss, to let people know that you take no responsibility for people using this on XBOX LIVE.

Vincent Valentine
09-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I guess, but the fact is, Beware of using this, As it could indeed mess up someone, I suggest adding a little disclaimer to the original post Boss, to let people know that you take no responsibility for people using this on XBOX LIVE.
Good idea, people will flame this if anything happens to they're profile so edit the topic saying that You take no responsibility if anything happens to they're account

bigcol
09-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Ive died loads of times. Not the easiest of games. Errrm can this be used for single player mode?

edit.................sorted it, I was going about it wrong................maybe Im better off with a colouring book and some crayons rather than an xbox.........:bigsmile2:

Working like a dream

Vincent Valentine
09-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Ive died loads of times. Not the easiest of games. Errrm can this be used for single player mode?

edit.................sorted it, I was going about it wrong................maybe Im better off with a colouring book and some crayons rather than an xbox.........:bigsmile2:

Working like a dream
Lol its all good :P not everything is as simple as it seems to be, sometimes you can over think things when its right in front of you (my mistake alot :P)

XajNyne
09-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Absolutely fantastic! BIG thanks to all involved in bringing us this! :-c

Swiftus
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I have had no problems unlocking any achievements with this, however after replacing my GPD with this one and loading the game the 28 Days Later achievement popped (playing offline so not worried). I have also noticed that my weapon durability does not decrease so that's another bonus with the god mode and infinite ammo. Keep up the good work!

Original Boss
09-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I have had no problems unlocking any achievements with this, however after replacing my GPD with this one and loading the game the 28 Days Later achievement popped (playing offline so not worried). I have also noticed that my weapon durability does not decrease so that's another bonus with the god mode and infinite ammo. Keep up the good work!

Yeah i could not test the GPD when i had finished using my jtag so i let horizons test it but i guess he never noticed it i will be looking into more stuff to put into the GPD also if anyone wants some weapons on there save just upload it and let me know what you want i can spawn and give you some i could also give you the chainsaw but the durability decreases but at a very slow rate but its still fun while it lasts

lickerout
09-12-2011, 03:10 PM
for the achievements you already unlocked on your original gpd, couldn't you input the unlocked date and time and stuff from your original gpd into the modded gpd?
if there's no difference from your original gpd's last played dates and times and unlocked data it shouldn't make any difference right?
if not would it be possible to make a gpd editor to add god mode unlimited ammo and indestructable weapons?

DnAngel
09-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Can you just use the bullet mod? and not the god mode? Or are they like a package mod? Cause I don't want the god mode, just makes the game extremely boring knowing you can never be killed.

Thought having extra bullets be very nice.

micmou
09-12-2011, 11:13 PM
hey original boss do you think you could add weapons to my inventory such as assassins greed, eviscerator, and bouncers pal and, crowd pleaser thank you in advance here is my save take your time im in no hurry http://www.mediafire.com/?wml29t7t3rs9upx

Original Boss
09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
hey original boss do you think you could add weapons to my inventory such as assassins greed, eviscerator, and bouncers pal and, crowd pleaser thank you in advance here is my save take your time im in no hurry http://www.mediafire.com/?wml29t7t3rs9upx

I have only heard of the crowd pleaser but i will check for your other weapons that you want

micmou
09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
and oh ya if you need to get rid of a weapon or 2 replace the white weapons thank you again

shunter6669
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
for the achievements you already unlocked on your original gpd, couldn't you input the unlocked date and time and stuff from your original gpd into the modded gpd?
if there's no difference from your original gpd's last played dates and times and unlocked data it shouldn't make any difference right?
if not would it be possible to make a gpd editor to add god mode unlimited ammo and indestructable weapons?

agreed.. a profile editor and making the same changes and dates should make it all look original right???

Vincent Valentine
09-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah i could not test the GPD when i had finished using my jtag so i let horizons test it but i guess he never noticed it i will be looking into more stuff to put into the GPD also if anyone wants some weapons on there save just upload it and let me know what you want i can spawn and give you some i could also give you the chainsaw but the durability decreases but at a very slow rate but its still fun while it lasts
I noticed it lol i just couldn't think of what the weapon durability was called at the time lol :P fail on my part

galdy001
09-13-2011, 02:24 AM
thank you it worked great

blacksnight
09-13-2011, 03:44 AM
thanks Original Boss the modd work great, is there a were to add modded weapons that does over 3000 to 5000 damage....

Vincent Valentine
09-13-2011, 04:10 AM
thanks Original Boss the modd work great, is there a were to add modded weapons that does over 3000 to 5000 damage....
That would probably me a save mod from a jtag and well that might corrupt the save, FETT has tried skill points mods from his jtag and tried to use that save onto his retail xbox and it ended up corrputing so as of now that is a maybe

micmou
09-13-2011, 04:32 AM
Hey original your inbox is full and read your visitor messeage
but i was wondering if you were done with my save yet

psyco17
09-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Am I going to get banned for getting 28 days later achievement

007sonic
09-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Am I going to get banned for getting 28 days later achievement
Yea i got that achievement also but i dont think your going to get banned for getting that achievement

mikemuniz1
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
someone in and other site post a tutorial in how to do it with the save_0 and everyone love the tutorial and said that this works

chaos7
09-13-2011, 03:03 PM
@Original Boss Brilliant tutorial will do this on my other account to test it. Also just curious but what Windows 7 theme are you using?

LoneStrider
09-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I am just loving this, I play with friends and sometimes it's just quicker to jump off whatever im on to get were im going and now instead of getting hurt i just walk away scott free....thanks man really appreciate this.

shillizzle
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Great job, Thanks very much :bigsmile:

Laminax
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks for this I'll have to give it a try but I was wondering if there was a way to mod current gpd files to throw the dev mode god mode or whatever flags on

EpicGlitch
09-13-2011, 03:33 PM
wow this really works, its great man thanks

shunter6669
09-13-2011, 04:01 PM
anyone try adding the achievements with a save editor which works cause mine keeps corrupting my save. good thing i have a back up but still....

Guan_Suo
09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
i know this is for non Jtag but is it work for Jtag too? and since this is the first time i am using GPD can someone help me where i can find my GPD on my JTAG ? under what folder ? please help me

DrGraffenberg
09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
when i try to drag the folder into horizon it tells me that the access path is denied. does any one know how to make it work? i already tried changing the security settings but thats not it. thanks to anyone that wants to help

Vincent Valentine
09-14-2011, 12:40 AM
when i try to drag the folder into horizon it tells me that the access path is denied. does any one know how to make it work? i already tried changing the security settings but thats not it. thanks to anyone that wants to help
Try using Modio

folkren
09-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Works without jtag?

miyakuroyama
09-14-2011, 01:06 AM
any chance to use this and when you synchronize with Microsoft severs to realize and you reset the profile 0?

shunter6669
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM
i know this is for non Jtag but is it work for Jtag too? and since this is the first time i am using GPD can someone help me where i can find my GPD on my JTAG ? under what folder ? please help me

gpd mods work on any console. u have to change a file in your profile not in your game folder. open your profile using a profile editor, modio or horizon and just drag and drop the new gpd in there. make sure to back up the old one just in case.

Mr Spliffs
09-14-2011, 02:19 AM
any chance to use this and when you synchronize with Microsoft severs to realize and you reset the profile 0?

Haven't had any problem as far as that goes, Loaded the game and my Gamer score was the same on it.

weezi
09-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Thx... Works as described

mistwalker
09-14-2011, 03:05 AM
thx..good works.

johnnycakes
09-14-2011, 04:53 AM
thank you

DrGraffenberg
09-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Sick man it works well thanks

XajNyne
09-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Still going strong and working like a charm..............I'm loving it!!! :-c

xtazc
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
yes this works on retail

ShotgunGorilla
09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Gonna use this on my fun run :3

lewyp1
09-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I love this mod, helps when i get into a fist fight with a tank :D

shunter6669
09-14-2011, 01:24 PM
dont know how but as soon as i loaded the game the 28 days popped AND i also had all my other achievements as well.

GDRDRDG
09-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Because achievements are in the gpd so when you got his gpd in your profile you unlocked the one's he did! So I am assuming he did this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0l2BpYlX8

drunk3n
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
i use a modded gpd file too, but not the same from this thread..
-got no problems with gamerscore reset or any other problems, works finally fine ;)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLRWLFTJ
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=8556d5c84adb52da5c0a91636d6103fed20 0e45d29c7f43e4c6791ff51a2fe06-1316006154

Idlehands88
09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
The update today (v1.1.0) patched this gpd and the most of the ISO mods including the Dev Menu :(

SuperGamer54321
09-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Wait there is no gpd when i go to contents it just says save0..HELP???

Idlehands88
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Wait there is no gpd when i go to contents it just says save0..HELP???

That's because .gpd files aren't stored in the gamesaves. You have to open your Gamertag in Horizon or Modio and go to the Contents tab to find your .gpd files.

Swiftus
09-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Ah well it was fun while it lasted, oh wait I just remove the update and play offline with no patch.....win!

Br0lly86
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Could you redo it so it'll work with the new patch plz... Thank You

crazybeast
09-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Works like a charm for me. Thank you for this.
I hadn't updated yet.

Edit:
Crap it doesn't work and it added some random ass achievement that shouldn't even be unlocked yet :( (after I updated)

Swiftus
09-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Works like a charm for me. Thank you for this.

Update, no update?

crazybeast
09-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Update, no update?

Yeah I played for a bit and didn't realize that it had an update. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to update :(

shunter6669
09-15-2011, 12:52 AM
The update today (v1.1.0) patched this gpd and the most of the ISO mods including the Dev Menu :(

thanks for the warning. i'll make sure not to update when it asks me :)

cydin
09-15-2011, 02:06 AM
better pull ur LAN cable off :P btw thansk for the info

Darn
09-15-2011, 02:20 AM
That sucks, had hoped they had sent in the patch before the gpd got caught; oh well - possible to bypass this little fix they made? or are we doomed to die lots?

xxsnuggl3sxx
09-15-2011, 04:08 AM
bad news GPD is out for now good news is you can still mod gamesaves so there may be hope for exploits to be slipped in, what im wondering is if the dev menu has been join/have why is there not any posted saves with all this modded goodness already in a non patchable gamesave? just a thought

D3VILB3HINDYOU
09-15-2011, 04:24 AM
There is a way to bypass but, it'll be a lot of work. Just play legit, it's a new game. I understand if you beat the game already on all characters but, why take the fun out of the game?

D3VILB3HINDYOU
09-15-2011, 04:27 AM
That sucks, had hoped they had sent in the patch before the gpd got caught; oh well - possible to bypass this little fix they made? or are we doomed to die lots? It got patched because idiots post it on youtube. It's the main reason why most mods and glitches get patched.

XajNyne
09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Didnt work for me :( After I resigned the profile and signed it all my achievements were gone :( Good thing I made a backup first lol

That's why I used it on another profile and not my MAIN one lol!

Original Boss
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
It got patched because idiots post it on youtube. It's the main reason why most mods and glitches get patched.

I agree not only did people start sharing my GPD all around other sites and making tutorials but none gave credit for the people involved with this and they did not even ask to see if they could share it i would of password protected my files but someone is still eventually going to download it and upload it again no winning with leechers

Darn
09-15-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree not only did people start sharing my GPD all around other sites and making tutorials but none gave credit for the people involved with this and they did not even ask to see if they could share it i would of password protected my files but someone is still eventually going to download it and upload it again no winning with leechers

Man that really sucks, so basically this comes down to the people that posted it all over the interwebs and made youtube "tutorials" to get more attention? Goddammit. But i really hope you guys bypass their little fix. How did they patch it anyway?

TLOR FETT
09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
If I figure it out I do not plan on saying how I did it, since I was the one who pointed it out originally. Keep it behind closed doors and less chance of a patch because people wont be abusing it or advertising it like the yuppies seem to start doing with everying

SuperGamer54321
09-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Y isent it working i replased it rehash...
nd played single player and still i can die so do i hav to get rid of the update

SuperGamer54321
09-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Never mind got it to work THX loving it

XajNyne
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM

Yeah some people have no respect for genius. They should have given credit where it was due. Shame on them all. I downloaded this for my own personal enjoyment and entertainment and have no intention of posting it all over the net but if I did I would definitely post the credits to the original creators. If people are going to go steal someone else's work and not give credit, it's only going to ruin it for the rest of us legit gamers who really appreciate the hard work some of you guys put in to bring us these awesome mods etc.

shunter6669
09-16-2011, 01:45 AM
next time maybe password the file and have other members message u for the password so u only give it to the people that wont share it on youtube and other sites without giving credit and all...

XajNyne
09-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I was just wondering if it's possible to get other "god mode" GPD's for other games?

Demonic
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
that was a really good mod to :(

Draven
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
awesome work cheers

keksi360
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
that one looks like fun :)

JackBuck
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Tried this on a dummy account and worked like a charm

DJCreviz
09-17-2011, 07:58 PM
i think it was patched already not sure does anyone know how to bypass patch so we can have god mode and infinite ammo again

Original Boss
09-17-2011, 09:09 PM
i think it was patched already not sure does anyone know how to bypass patch so we can have god mode and infinite ammo again

It is patched its the peoples fault who go on youtube and make stupid tutorials when it is not necessary it just brings attention and thus the result is it being patched all because people want views on something they did not even have permission to share but its the way it is it can not be stopped

iyiangeliyi
09-18-2011, 12:09 AM
does this mod still work or did that last patch fix it?

shunter6669
09-18-2011, 02:10 AM
does this mod still work or did that last patch fix it?

it got patched. if u delete the update and just play offline u can still use it but no more online :(

007sonic
09-18-2011, 06:01 AM
I don't know if anyone else experienced this problem but i got an error that said "Invalid signature type detected. Halting reading."? what's that mean?

Original Boss
09-18-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't know if anyone else experienced this problem but i got an error that said "Invalid signature type detected. Halting reading."? what's that mean?

Can you not follow my tutorial ? stop trying to drag and drop the GPD into horizon and it wont give you that error

007sonic
09-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok this is the other error i get after i replace the file then try to rehash and resign it:
FATX: File byte offset to physical byte offset failed during non-cached synchronous I/O. [0xC0000102]
help?

Vincent Valentine
09-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Ok this is the other error i get after i replace the file then try to rehash and resign it:
FATX: File byte offset to physical byte offset failed during non-cached synchronous I/O. [0xC0000102]
help?
Well unless you are trying to use this online it wont work anymore, only offline .gpd modding now like how you can for Black Ops if you have ever modded the zombies.
Anyways just find your profile with Horizons device explorer.
Extract it to wherever you want and drag the profile into Horizons.
Click on the tab saying CONTENT and find the gpd that you downloaded from page one.
Right click on the .gpd and choose Replace and then find the one you downloaded.
Rehash/Resign and put your profile back onto your usb/Hard drive and play offline.

LittleShop
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
well if its patch den just download a save from modio and use that.

shunter6669
09-29-2011, 01:25 AM

downloading a save isnt gonna give u god or ammo, there are only in the gpd. the most a save can do is give u more items and mod ur level

Original Boss
09-29-2011, 02:15 AM

Modio is a piece of shit for kids who go around thinking they are 1337 with save game mods

TLOR FETT
09-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Modio is a piece of shit for kids who go around thinking they are 1337 with save game mods
That type of bad mouthing is not really neccesarry nor "cool", Modio a year and a half ago blew shit out of the water and now it is old and behind. Dont need to rail the newbie guys who simply mention it

Original Boss
09-29-2011, 02:26 AM
That type of bad mouthing is not really neccesarry nor "cool", Modio a year and a half ago blew shit out of the water and now it is old and behind. Dont need to rail the newbie guys who simply mention it

Im not mouthing off at anyone just because im swearing does not necessarily mean im angry or bad mouthing at the new guy

killerxblanket
09-29-2011, 06:36 AM
I have had to recover my account over 7 times now trying to get the unlimited ammo and god mode, what am i doing wrong? i use usb xtaf to extract my account and have tried both horizon and modio, i have the modded gdp file in rar, is that the problem and if so how do i get it into a normal file; please someone help, i replace the file with the rar; also i tried to extract the file to my desktop and couldnt find them, maybe someone could do a more in depth tutorial? please, i am rehashing and resigning, help me please