PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island DUPE glitch

drscott11
09-13-2011, 02:28 AM
I just found this... A duplication glitch for melee weapons. Credit to Viva la Cakes at www.x360a.com I confirm it works as I made 8 Zeds Demise Katanas using this method. DOES NOT WORK for Molitovs, grenades, De Boms, or guns. ONLY WORKS with MELEE weapons. If this helped you please click "thanks"!

First of all i did not find out about these glitches. i came across some people in co-op who were doing this. I repeat i am not the founder of these glitches.

*** I recommend that you dont do this on your main character if you want the feel for the games survivability. Or if you have beaten the game then do what you would like***

Unlimited Weapons: Get the weapon you wanna duplicate hold LT + (Hold Y then quickly hit RT at same time) while looking at the ground, you will then duplicate your weapon.

BahrKode
09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
i can confirm i got this working for 360 :)

player8410
09-13-2011, 07:33 PM
that's interesting. I confess although I bought the game I haven't started it yet. not having played it I'm not sure how having more than one of a particular weapon would increase your survivability but I look forward to finding out. Thanks for sharing.

Renegade
09-13-2011, 08:05 PM
that's interesting. I confess although I bought the game I haven't started it yet. not having played it I'm not sure how having more than one of a particular weapon would increase your survivability but I look forward to finding out. Thanks for sharing.Because as you hit the enemies, the weapon durability begins to decrease, This way, you always have a backup plan, Usually with a Katana, they do massive damage, So this would indeed increase your survival stance.

HydroBullet
09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
This glitch does work I suck at it but my friend is really good at it and does it all the time when he needs extra cash for something

TsubasaKowareta
09-14-2011, 04:55 AM
I havn't tried duping weapons, I duped diamonds with a friend, never thought that duping a weapon would work. . .Good information good sir and noted into my intelligence!

masterchief1657
09-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Awesome, now I'll never have to worry about losing some of my best weapons.

scoobs2010
09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I haven't downloaded the patch yet so I can't say anything but, if you use the dupe, watch out for glitched Jin Storage::: If your inventory is full and you try to get something from Jin you will lose it, it just vanishes

GDRDRDG
09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
The update patched this but you can do this instead...

When you reach a checkpoint during any campaign quest in Solo mode, drop the item(s) on the ground you want to duplicate (you can drop all the items in your inventory). Then, kill yourself by using Deo-Bombs or Molotov's. When the respawn timer begins to countdown, pause the game, and reload your checkpoint. When you respawn, all the weapons you dropped will be back in your inventory and will also still be laying on the ground where you dropped them.

I found it here http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/deadislandcheatscodes.html

Swiftus
09-14-2011, 10:23 PM
This method still works with the PS3 version patched to 1.1.0, my house mate has been duping items all day!

drscott11
09-15-2011, 02:51 PM
The update patched this but you can do this instead...

When you reach a checkpoint during any campaign quest in Solo mode, drop the item(s) on the ground you want to duplicate (you can drop all the items in your inventory). Then, kill yourself by using Deo-Bombs or Molotov's. When the respawn timer begins to countdown, pause the game, and reload your checkpoint. When you respawn, all the weapons you dropped will be back in your inventory and will also still be laying on the ground where you dropped them.

I found it here http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/deadislandcheatscodes.html

the patch DID NOT fix the dupe glitch. I just patched my game last night and it still works flawlessly. Your method also works, but it's better for items like health kits and modded guns which you cannot dupe using my method.

DnAngel
09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I can also confirm after patch on xbox 360 it still works, I love duping my machetes, specially rare once. Since I rarely seem to get good once. Also the katana. I tried doing the drop all items, kill yourself, and reload checkpoint before you respawn with a green pistole some odd reason it didn't work not sure if I didn't do it right or what. Ended up losing my green pistol, kinda pissed me off, since I had a electric bullet mod on it. and upgraded it to max.

iUseJuGGZz
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
thanks dude works good

masterchief1657
09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll take everyone's word for it and try it out.

lickerout
10-14-2011, 04:28 AM
no the update didn't patch the melee weapon duplication glitch i was doing this a few days ago with the update applied the only thing it stopped was co-op players taking your weapons that you threw not dropped.
simply hold L trigger then as soon as you throw it with R trigger hold the Y button you'll throw the weapon and drop the same one almost straight away (ocasionally a co-op player can't pick up the dropped weapon if that happens just pick both back up and drop one again).
i didn't know about the death dupe glitch might be usefull for when i find some of the super rare legendary gun's.