PDA

View Full Version : [TEST] Turtle Beach PX5

Caymuano
09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi people, I've just bought the Turtle Beach PX5 headset...
It is amazing... It works fine with both Ps3 and X360...
It is a 7.1 headset...
Better link to the product page for more info...
The only thing i can say is that they are really very good...

Click here for the parduct page (http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx)

Bye

Renegade
09-13-2011, 11:10 AM
They look nice, But i still personally prefer my X41's. Maybe you should do a little review? So it may drive people to purchase them.

Caymuano
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Sure for the review... I beg everyone's pardon for my English, since I'm italian, so, if something is not clear just ask me...
Well, as you said X41 is the previous version of these headset. PX5 and XP500 are the newest product from turtle beach.
The core of these product is the same, aside the fact that in PX5 there is a cable to connect the X360 controller to the headset and in XP500 there is a bluetooth one. Anyway you can buy the adaptor and use it with pX5 as well.
This headset is the same that will be released with COD:MW3, and will have the name of ear force Delta... It is the XP500 with tag and artworks of the game, but the hardware is the same.
Aside of this little presentation, i will now explain some of the main features. First of all, it's a blutooth headset, so you can use it with ps3, (X41 don't have this option) and it's able to connect 2 blutooth devices simultaneusly... In my case I paired also my Iphone, and when my girlfriend call I can continue to play without she can understand it! And, lat me say, that this is a woooooonderful feature... Another thing is that it's a 7.1, wireless digital RF headset, and it works great! You have (8+1(main))x2 presets to choose. I explain this better. You can choose between X360 and Ps3 mode. each mode have 8 presets of equalization for voice/game and mic. The good thing is that you can connect the headset (via usb) to the PC and, with a software downloaded from TB site, you can customize all the presets. You can either download preset made by TB or Developers (Example: Visceral Games made presets for Dead space 2) or make your own presets. he tools it's very simple and works very well. The only problem is that it's only in english, so if someone have problems with the language it's a bit tricky to set all things well.
There is also to say that they are really beautiful to see. I know that this is not an important feature but how many of you bought an iPhone because it's trandy? Last but not least it's the possibility to choose between Dolby Sorround and Pro logic 2 to simulate the dolby also in application that do not have it...
The only problem that i've found is the battery comsumption... I've tried them for a week, 3 hours a day, with 2,50v batteries AA (low price ones, bught them at IKEA) didn't remeber the Ampere, and I consumed them about the 95%...

pureIso
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
That price just for an headphone? Is this a joke?

Caymuano
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I can tell you that it worths the price... But, sure, it is really high...

Spectre
09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Holy cow , that's way too much for a pair of headphones I thought they be around maybe $94.87 ?

Caymuano
09-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I think there is something wrong with Euro/Dollars change...
Here a pair of headset of this kind cost about 200 €, and this headset is much way better then tritton ax pro and ax720...
So i don't think it's a strange price... at least not for italy...

zer0
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the review. I was thinking about picking them up awhile ago. With that price tag I wanted to make sure I was getting amazing quality audio.