PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII-2 Domain Registered

jkipp82
01-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Sweetness.

A recent domain registration has kindled rumours that Square Enix could be lining up a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

Internet sleuth supererogatpory spotted the registration for the site finalfantasy13-2game.com from Square Enix's registrar.

Domain registrations are, of course, far from confirmation of a game, but if Final Fantasy XIII-2 was to be announced it wouldn't be out of form – Final Fantasy X got a direct sequel in 2003.

Square Enix does have another game set within the Final Fantasy XIII universe, though Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still shrouded in mystery.

Final Fantasy XIII proved one of the more divisive entries in Square's long-running series, though our brace of positive reviews suggest it wasn't without merit. Could a sequel right the original's wrongs and fulfil the original's potential to make it a true classic?

Paprika
01-14-2011, 03:42 AM
FF XIII has a decent amount of room to explore if they do actually make a direct sequel, especially directly after the events of XIII and society's transition. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this has to do with Versus XIII, since the date the set for a reveal is only a few days away. (18th January)

jkipp82
01-14-2011, 04:07 AM
I personally think its versus 13 in which case will leave 360 out and this will just be dust in the wind.

CloudStrife7x
01-14-2011, 04:16 AM
It would be awesome if they made a sequel but a least have towns to explore

jkipp82
01-14-2011, 04:40 AM
I have to throw this in. Most people hated 12 I loved twelve just because of the scale of the game it reminded me of 7 and 6. Where you had to walk everywhere and there towns and outposts. Now granted the story was no where near those two but the size of the world just brought it back for me. I wish 13 was that way.

13Dannyboy13
01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
I have to throw this in. Most people hated 12 I loved twelve just because of the scale of the game it reminded me of 7 and 6. Where you had to walk everywhere and there towns and outposts. Now granted the story was no where near those two but the size of the world just brought it back for me. I wish 13 was that way.

I liked 12 too, sure the story wasn't all that great but it was nice to have monster hunts and things like that to keep busy with. FF13 was good but the first two disks are way too linear, if they do make a sequel I hope the world will be like 12, but with the looks of 13. I loved finally getting some freedom on Gran Pulse, I think I spent about 4 hours just running around finding different areas and doing hunts.

CloudStrife7x
01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I liked 12 too, sure the story wasn't all that great but it was nice to have monster hunts and things like that to keep busy with. FF13 was good but the first two disks are way too linear, if they do make a sequel I hope the world will be like 12, but with the looks of 13. I loved finally getting some freedom on Gran Pulse, I think I spent about 4 hours just running around finding different areas and doing hunts.

I also liked 12, hope sequel to 13 is just like you said, would be awesome

Ravanofdarkness
01-15-2011, 07:49 PM
If they add Towns/Citys in Final Fantasy XIII-2 with NPC Stores and a better level up System then i'm fine with it but if it's anything like FFXIII then don't bother making it, it was a boring Game with Amazing Cutscenes and Graphics but the Characters are all boring. My Favorite Characters would be the ones in FFVII, FFVIII and FFX.

jkipp82
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
im sure it will be the same characters and it will be like an opening where it will say 2 years later or something like that.

Paprika
01-16-2011, 03:04 AM
If they add Towns/Citys in Final Fantasy XIII-2 with NPC Stores and a better level up System then i'm fine with it but if it's anything like FFXIII then don't bother making it, it was a boring Game with Amazing Cutscenes and Graphics but the Characters are all boring. My Favorite Characters would be the ones in FFVII, FFVIII and FFX.

Really about the characters? I found them to have the most realistic characters to date. I would agree though with them adding towns. It would go well with the game watching towns pop up and start construction on them. It would really show how well they are coping on their own.

jkipp82
01-16-2011, 04:19 AM
The characters that people mostly cried about at the end of the game would be a tie between ff3/6 depending on country and ff7.