PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Developer Preview Download.

Risk
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't know if this has been posted but you can now get a sort of "Beta" of Windows 8.

Haven't actually had a chance to download and install myself but anyways link. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/home/)

DnAngel
09-15-2011, 02:56 PM
OMFG dude I freaking love you man!!!!!

I am so going try this out, just hope the drivers for mac are around same as windows 7. Or else wow ouch for me.

Dead Encryption
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Cool, I just hope this new OS isn't another Vista waiting to happen....

orinwarf
09-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow, thanks! I'm going to load this up tonight or tomorrow and play around with it.

DnAngel
09-16-2011, 12:16 AM

It woun't be because they are actually releasing this for people to test. I bet it auto submits any problems, or asks if you'd like to send the information to microsoft. What they learned from Windows Vista was you don't release something that wasn't tested. Since than they did Windows 7 Beta, and now Windows 8 Beta. I am about to load this I tell you all how sweet it is :P

JL30
09-16-2011, 01:07 AM
plz do angel will download if its good

Sensi420
09-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Nice link, gonna grab and test it out

Risk
09-16-2011, 07:21 AM

It woun't be because they are actually releasing this for people to test. I bet it auto submits any problems, or asks if you'd like to send the information to microsoft. What they learned from Windows Vista was you don't release something that wasn't tested. Since than they did Windows 7 Beta, and now Windows 8 Beta. I am about to load this I tell you all how sweet it is :P

Well from what I've seen it just looks as if they have added a few things and made some things look ugly e.g. The start button. I'll try and upload some images or if someone else can that will be good.

Numerisch
09-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Thank you for the link. This looks very nice.

actualmanx
09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
nice post ill download this and try it out
*edit
i got it and its very weird gonna take a bit of time to get used to. also cant get 360 rev or modio's drag and drop to work run as admin done compatibliity, edited privileges UAC is off , just cant get drag n drop to work

DnAngel
09-17-2011, 02:57 AM
So I tried it, I got to say it is one ugly pieace of junk. I haven't layed my eyes on uglier stuff ever! What the hell is microsoft doing, modeling their software after their own programmers. This is just as ugly as windows vista was!

On the other hand, it seemed to install, fine runs alright.

FYI, to you mac users. I tested this on macbook pro 2010 model 13" it worked with bootcamp. Just one problem after around 20 minutes it always freezes. So not sure if this is just this mac model, or might be problem with mac hardware in general. It works fine on my Asus G50V.

If you really want to see what this is like, than download it. and run it on virtual pc. If anyone wants help with that hit me up on skype or msn. I be glad to help you out.

makotech222
09-20-2011, 06:54 PM
The new UI is indeed terrible. Im glad that you can switch back to Win7 UI, and keep the Under-the-Hood changes on Win8, which is what i plan on doing :)

Goku
09-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Omg Thanks man! This is a great thing you've posted! Can't wait to try this out!