PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get Gears of War 3 early?

EyelessHorizon
09-17-2011, 07:15 AM
If so, how is it?

No spoilers please. :-l

Renegade
09-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I got my retail copy in the mail today, Haven't really been a fan of the MP in the series, But i do like the campaign's, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, My day off is tomorrow, So i will post feedback :)

8Ball
09-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Its the same as the rest of the gears with less focus on annoying quirks (remember night time in gears1? no more...) and more on just mindlessly shooting the crap out of the lambent. The locust have a much lesser role in this one and its more like a game such as left 4 dead then ever before.

Overral not bad but nothing new which if you liked the other 2 is a good thing i guess. Also some idiot had the idea to make the hammer of dawn have limited ammo, the times it's used in the campaign its simply annoying to have to get a new one. The campaign will boost your level to approximately level 7 around when you finish it.

I completed it a week ago in 1 sitting, already forgotten and deleted.

longy999
09-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Its pretty much just more of the same as 8Ball says. If you liked the last 2 then theres no doubts that you will like this one too, I've gone through the first chapter and no complaints so far.

mojobojo
10-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Anybody notice this thread has been sitting in the general programming discussion section? Lol, I moved it.