PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island Skulls

XajNyne
09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Just out of curiosity......has anyone gone after and found all 5 colored skulls in Dead Island? :-l

lickerout
09-17-2011, 01:55 PM
i found all 5 skulls but they don't give you any good weapons the hand of glover (basicly shoots force lightning but uses all stamina) a waste af 10k and 5 diamonds 3 different types of knives (electric, poison, and paralyzing) all crap and the homerun baseball bat (very low damage electric bonus damage high chance of critical hit and instant kill if you hit them into a wall with it probably the better of the 5 weapons.

NOTE: Starting a new game removes the Skulls from your inventory.
Skull Locations

Notes: Skulls sometimes may spawn in different locations. When a skull is found, there is a special spot it must be dropped off. When dropped off, you will be rewarded with a developer blueprint. Finally, skulls do not show up in your inventory, so don’t forget if you’ve picked one up. Check back for more information as we discover more skulls.

Orange Skull

Pick-up: When you reach the Supermarket for the first time in Act 2, when you find your first staircase, circle around it and look underneath the stairs. Inside one of the shopping carts, you’ll find the orange skull. (Sometimes the skull will appear in the sewers before reaching the Supermarket, so look carefully.)

Drop-off: Back in the sewers before entering the Supermarket, look for a large room filled with toxic waste with a ladder leading up to your left. Enter the door to the right after climbing the ladder, and look in the left most corner of the room for a pile of skull. Follow the prompt to get your reward.

Blue Skull

Pick-up: In Act II, during the quest “Uninvited Guests”, you’ll enter an apartment to fight some zombies. Past the kitchen, look inside a room with a glass cabinet. Smash the cabinet to get inside and take the skull. Make sure you don’t complete this quest, or you won’t be able to return — the apartment also houses the drop-off point for the purple skull.

Drop-off: Returning to Act 1, run to a bunker in the southeastern corner of the map. You’ll find a man trapped by the zombies, kill the zombies and the man will lead you into the concrete chamber. Inside, you’ll find a manhole. Use it and you’ll fast travel to another bunker. Inside the new bunker, find the door just right of the ladder up. Climb the ladder, grab an explosive barrel, and set it down next to the door right of the ladder. Shoot the explosive barrel to destroy the door, inside the door, look for an cubby marked by a large blue pointer.

Brown Skull

Pick-up: In Act 1, enter the bunker under the lighthouse. Enter through the manhole to go deeper, lookout for any zombies inside, and you’ll find the skull in the room.

Drop-off: On the east side of the island Resort, there’s a rocky mountain you can climb. This is tricky, you’ll have to awkwardly jump up the rocky cliffs, the spot where you can start climbing is marked with a few boards laying on the rocks that serve as ramps. Keep jumping and climbing until you reach a small flag marked with a red pointer.

Purple Skull

Pick-up: In Act 2, enter the sewers infront of the Church. Follow the winding path through the sewers until you reach two circular passages and a ladder. Climb the ladder up, and walk around the catwalk towards a makeshift hide-out along the concrete ledge. Look near the mattress and at the altar of skulls, you only need the purple one.

Drop-off: Still in Act 2, during the mission “Uninvited Guests”, enter the apartment and walk into the kitchen were a stove with one lit burner is located. Place the skull on the marked stove to get your reward.

Green Skull

Pick-up: At the Gas Station in Act 1, in the southwest corner of the map. Near the Gas Station, you’ll see a small rocky hill just right of the Station. Check the southeastern slope of the mountain for a rocky passage up, partially concealed by bushes. Up the ramp, you’ll find a toolbox with the skull inside.

Drop-off: In Act 2, back in the Supermarket, look for an aisle of teddy bears, lit up by a flashlight. One of these teddy bears will prompt you to deposit the skull.

hi def meep
09-17-2011, 03:37 PM
theres supposedly a sixth, red skull. (im also basing this how the mods go developer's craft 1, 2, 3, 4, skips 5, and goes to 666.) By the way, not all of those knives suck. the mindblowing military knife is an insta kill on walkers and infected by making their head explode on impact.

lickerout
09-17-2011, 04:13 PM
theres supposedly a sixth, red skull. (im also basing this how the mods go developer's craft 1, 2, 3, 4, skips 5, and goes to 666.) By the way, not all of those knives suck. the mindblowing military knife is an insta kill on walkers and infected by making their head explode on impact.

ok they don't suck completely but they have shit stats especially when your high level and in my case i'm level 50 and most of my weapons do over 1000 damage base my most powerful melee weapon does over 2000 damage base.
and There is no Red Skull that gives you a Developer Mod! They are quest items. The quest im talking about you get of Mongena i think it was in the jungle. your only able to do the quest after you rescue Yerema.

Sixthjoker
09-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I really wish there was a no.5 so the list would go in order basically XD

hi def meep
09-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Like I said, i don't know if there is a red skull, but i hope so. there are rumors that if you get all of the dev weapons, they combine into something really good(idk how, so dont call me stupid) but although the stats are shitty, they're more of a special kind of weapon (the mindblowing knife and the homerun bat, the others are shitty and not worth the cost to make and repair) since they have special insta kill abilities.

GDRDRDG
09-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I was just looking through the dev menu on the pc version and there isn't another dev mod so sorry!

Countryboy
09-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Like I said, i don't know if there is a red skull, but i hope so. there are rumors that if you get all of the dev weapons, they combine into something really good(idk how, so dont call me stupid) but although the stats are shitty, they're more of a special kind of weapon (the mindblowing knife and the homerun bat, the others are shitty and not worth the cost to make and repair) since they have special insta kill abilities.

Simple answer there is no red skull... each craft is a collectable therefore each dev craft is a collectable and if uve gotten all 140 collectables then ull no there is no red skull dev craft collectable...

lickerout
09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
actually i think there are way over 140 collectables i've collected at least 2-3 dozen id's and facts and mods since getting that achievement and i'm still missing some of the mods that were reported probably some of the facts and id's too (they probably just made it 140 to make it easier to get the achievement, imagine if there were somesthing like 300 collectables with the size of the game would you continue to look for them one at a time?) if they showed up as a sort of ghost image for the ones you already had at least you could show people where they are if you can't remember exactly where it is.

Countryboy
09-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Actually there is a challenge saying collect 140 collectables and its titled something like found em all or something like that so thats another angle where my theory comes from that there are 140 collectables that and when u click add ALL collectables to character in the dev menu it adds up to 140 or something if i remember correctly.
EDIT: not saying ur wrong but thats my theory on all of this

lickerout
09-20-2011, 04:38 AM
theres certain achievements that are based on other games, right 4 life (based on left 4 dead), gotta find em all which is 60 collectables not 140 (based on pokemon), No raccoons in here (based on resident evil) and How many days exactly? (based on the film 28 days later) it's like some of the weapond are based on things from films like the pick of destiny (based on the film of the same name), zeds demise (based on pulp fiction), "Master Chef" (based on halo) and Assassin's Greed (based on assasins creed) Jasons (friday the 13th) makes an appearance too and you can't kill him completely like in the films (if you manage to take him down he just comes back to life), even jenna jameson also makes an appearance (as nenja samejon) if you take a good look through the game you could probably find a lot more.

zII M V P IIz
09-20-2011, 03:54 PM
The mind blowing military knife is sweet. Insta-Kill on walkers and infected. The home run baseball bat knocks them flying, what more can you ask for? The Plague bearing knife, makes them INSTANTLY start throwing up, thus creating room for attack, it's awesome. The other knife, is an insta-kill when thrown at them. And the left hand of glova, just plain sucks. Good idea, wanted to feel like the emperor, but it was not to be.

Swiftus
09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I have the Hand of Glova from the brown skull and I have found the purple and orange one's but can't place the purple skull on it's cooker pedestal because I did the mission and can't get back in the abandoned house. The rest I am still looking for

DCB Mods
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
yep i've found all of the skulls and know all the desternations :bigsmile:

LIGHTNINGxYIN44
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
i found the red skull drop off area but there was rumer that there was a red skull somewhere

nukethesun
10-03-2011, 11:41 PM
The mind blowing knife is great, instant kill on all zombies except for the big ones thugs butcher and so on. it even kills the final boss in one hit

360gamer
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
yes i did get all the skulls the last one is cool its a 666 mod its your hand that hits and shock burns them all way to cool