PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 1 and 2 Save Editor

Renegade
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm just wondering how many people are interested in this dual save editor? Me and Cybersam are about to be very hard at work making one, Probably adding ME3 in there too as soon as it is released.

Any feedback?

I know there is the one by Gibbed, But apparently it's buggy..So yeah.

EyelessHorizon
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM
That would be fantastic! :bigsmile:

CloudStrife7x
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
that would be awesome, i havent been able to beat either game XD, so a dual editor would be sick especially if you and cybersam r working on it, both of you make epic editors, looking forward to see what u guys do :)

Serious_M
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I,m interested so let them coming , Awesome job you 2 two on the idea

Game Wizard
09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm just wondering how many people are interested in this dual save editor? Me and Cybersam are about to be very hard at work making one, Probably adding ME3 in there too as soon as it is released.

Any feedback?

The gibbed one is not buggy at all i used it to make 24 god charecters 6 males paragon and renegade/females with unlimeted ammo best powers and basicly made the game completely modded all the way to the roof
now for mass effect 1 would really be appreciated :)
All that i really need is talents points and paragon and renegade that is about it :)
if anyone needs pointers for 2 on the editor i mean i kinda memorized everything :P

Renegade
09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
The gibbed one is not buggy at all i used it to make 24 god charecters 6 males paragon and renegade/females with unlimeted ammo best powers and basicly made the game completely modded all the way to the roof
now for mass effect 1 would really be appreciated :)
All that i really need is talents points and paragon and renegade that is about it :)
if anyone needs pointers for 2 on the editor i mean i kinda memorized everything :PIf you wanna PM me with the research you have, that would be great.

Goltoof
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
A 3 in one ME editor would be a great idea!!

drunk3n
09-18-2011, 09:25 PM
that woud be.. omg ... i love mass effect.. and modding it.. ( but gibbed's SE works good for me, had no problems with it)

MadeGuy
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I would absolutely love this. The Mass Effect 1 editor would be a first I believe, and would be neat because all I've done to it is a little hex editing.

Renegade
09-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Well it shall be done :)

chaos7
09-18-2011, 09:41 PM
An all in one editor for all 3 games would be fantastic. It gets my vote. I've never had much luck with the gibbed editor.

lickerout
09-18-2011, 09:41 PM

Any feedback?

if you could make it with the same features as the gibbed editor and add the ability to add weapon specialities such as the widow sniper rifle and revenant gun (the heavy machiengun) the gibbed editor coud change out weapons but couldn't unlock it it had to be done via hex editing the save if you take a look at the picture below you'll get an idea what can be added to the editor that hadn't been added to the gibbed editor such as increasing the power of the weapons, shields and health.

ok i had to rar the original to get it to stay the correct size to read.

changing the amount of upgrades for each thing like shields, health weapon power upgrades as far as i can tell can go as high as you want but 255 weapon upgrades can kill just about anything in 1 hit, change your shields and health to have something like 9999 for near infinite shields and health (personally i only changed it to 255 though it should still be more than enough) on my save i also unlocked all the advanced weapon specialties that you get from the collector ship.

Renegade
09-18-2011, 09:48 PM
if you could make it with the same features as the gibbed editor and add the ability to add weapon specialities such as the widow sniper rifle and revenant gun (the heavy machiengun) the gibbed editor coud change out weapons but couldn't unlock it it had to be done via hex editing the save if you take a look at the picture below you'll get an idea what can be added to the editor that hadn't been added to the gibbed editor such as increasing the power of the weapons, shields and health. (sorry i'm trying to find the original picture the quality sucks)
2809I'll try my best to replicate, and yeah, picture is too small and blurry to see XD

voidmage09
09-18-2011, 09:49 PM
try this....i dont know if it will work for everyone but has shown promise with the saves i could get a hold of..8 in total...aka it ME1 tool

i found ME1 tool all it had was exp/in game cash but it would be cool if a real ME1/better ME2 tool were made. so far ME1 i found it works

Cheveyo83
09-18-2011, 09:53 PM
I agree, a dual (or even a triple!) editor for this game would be F'ing epic. Getting your character all the way to lvl 60 is sooo time consuming.

Spetafrents
09-18-2011, 10:18 PM
that will be more than welcome!!
my save always freezes when editing Element Zero with Gibbed's editor.

lickerout
09-18-2011, 11:00 PM
that will be more than welcome!!
my save always freezes when editing Element Zero with Gibbed's editor.
it's been a long time since i edited a mass effect 2 save (i deleted all my gamesave by accident), but that usually happens when you go over the games max, i can't remember it ever happening to me but i used to just edit them to something like 9,999,999 same as creddits. ammo edited to something like 9,999,999 heavy ammo uses the second value (ammo used and in a minus number rather than positive) rather than the first value like the rest of the ammo types in the gibbed editor under the raw tab - squad section - player section - weapon collection their powers can't seem to be changed without corrupting the save and you can edit the henchmen tallent points in the same player section henchmen collection you only need about 100 tallent points to max everything i think. (i'll have make a new set of saves later and get a few save's uploaded for renegade to take a look at later).

Game Wizard
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
If you wanna PM me with the research you have, that would be great.
I mean to use the editor i dont know anything for hex wise

Insane JIC
09-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea, besides I don't think there is a mass effect 1 save editor.

lickerout
09-18-2011, 11:55 PM
i think there was an editor for mass effect 1 but it only changed the tallent points or something it was kind of useless as the first game was easy enough for mass effect 1 if you could make it so you could swith out the weapons and change the weapon power, amount of shields and health and of course cash that would be great for the first game.

Vincent Valentine
09-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I think you should pretty much do make an exact gibbed save editor for ME2 but make it your own style and not have that name. The reason why i say this is because there is alot of just editing when it comes to that program and i love it cause i make almost all my saves now for ME2 with Illusive Man eyes.

Same for ME1 and the pic uploaded from Lickerout if you could find those offsets and make a tool for all those that would be amazing.

lickerout
09-19-2011, 01:09 AM
that section shifts about but it's always the same amount of bytes apart but you do have to start from the renegade and paragon points as long as you can find those the rest should be easy enough to find so if you set it to search for your known renegade or paragon points and program it to change the offsets for the upgrades and weapons training from there or something.

player8410
09-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Super! I'd really like that. I've tried the buggy one and you're right, it doesn't work anymore if it worked at all.

lickerout
09-19-2011, 01:44 AM
it always worked for me but i'm testing my latest made save as soon as the game installs, i set shields and health to 999 unlocked the weapons and set all weapon damage upgrades to 255 i'll be testing it in a few mins the only thing is you can't pick up extra upgrades for those things because it's over the normal limit

lickerout
09-19-2011, 02:20 AM
ok the save works its save 3 on this save the saves ids have been nulled so if you want to use it resign it with your id's with horrizon or something you will likely need all the dlc's because i have them all (mass effect 2: genisis dlc will tell you what i did in mass effect 1 hope you have it).

if you want to use it to help with research extract save 3 from the container.

looking at it now it has
paragon points at 3876 and renegade points at 1873
all characters (including kasumi and zaeed)
all dlc armors and alternate attire's
all weapons including the geth pulse (from the hardcore difficulty version of haelstrom where you find the sun overloading and tali in trouble with the geth), rifle revenant heavy rifle, claymore shotgun, the widow sniper rifle, phalanx heavy pistol (or whichever the dlc pistol is), the arc projector (dlc weapon) and the incisor sniper rifle (dlc weapon) and the locust smg (dlc weapon).

all ship upgrades (so you survive traveling through the omega 4 relay)
tech damage 255/255 giving 2550% squad tech damage bonus
submachine gun damage 999/999 giving 9990% squad smg damage bonus
sniper rifle damage 255/255 giving 2550% squad sniper damage bonus
shotgun damage 255/255 giving 2550% squad shotgun damage bonus
medigel capacity 100/100 increasing medigel capacity by 100
heavy weapon ammo 65535/65535 giving 983025% capacity bonus to heavy weapons
heavy skin weave 999/999 giving a bonus of 9990% health for shepard
heavy pistol damage 255/255 giving 2550% pistol damage bonus
damage protection 999/999 giving 9990% squad shield barriers and armour bonus
biotic damage 255/255 giving 2550% squad biotic damage bonus
assault rifle damage 255/255 giving 9990% squad assault rifle damage bonus

so shepard now has 25300 health and 25255 shields
max paragon and renagade bars but more paragon points.
9,999,999 credits
99 medigel
2147483647 heavy weapon ammo
9,999,999 paladium
9,999,999 iridium
9,999,999 platinum
and 9,999,999 element zero
you also have 9,999,999 fuel so no need to refule you just need to buy probes when you run out of them
you can only have a maximum of 60 probes

on casual difficulty with just about all misions complete except for the last suicide mission
shepards a soldier on the pargon side and all characters are loyal.
and you can do all the exploring you want i've hardly done any.

and if you want to survive try this link to a guide to get all characters to survive the suicide mission.
all the ammo resets from 9,999,999 to max capacity when you go through the omega 4 relay you'll just have to deal with that after all its more or less 1 shot 1 kill as long as you hit them and you can always pick up more ammo when you use the regular weapons.
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/killjoi/guide-how-to-survive-the-suicide-mission-save-everyone/30-37384/

then you can start a new game with that character (i'll do a save at the earliest point possible later because they don't stick in newgame+ i'm too tired to do it right now it's now nearly 8am and i've been up all night checking this save or if someone could upload a starting save along with a regular end save with unedited upgrades for comparison it would be appreciated and would save some time).

lickerout
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
ok heres a starting save with the same upgrades as above (heavy weapon ammo at 255 frather than 65535 and shields and health upgrades to 9999 rather than 999 so loads of heath and shields) if you want to change the name just load up the gibbed editor and change it on the first page.
i just got mordin (so i could unlock the upgrade station) a couple of side quests done and you will need all the dlc's including (i'll list the one's i have just in case):
umbra visor dlc
recon hood dlc
zaeed dlc
kasumi dlc
cerberus weapons and armor dlc
firewalker pack dlc
alternate appearance pack 1 dlc
cerberus arc projector dlc
equalizer pack dlc
overlord pack dlc
aegis pack dlc
firepower pack dlc
shadow broker dlc
alternate appearance pack 2 dlc
arrival dlc
mass effect 2: genesis dlc

it still reqires adding squad points for the rest of the character except for miranda she has 100 squad points.

hopefully you can use it without some of them but kasumi and zaeed are a must as i already picked them up and their ready to play.
NOTE: remember to resign with you id's.

mcnole
09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Wow....just broke out the gibbed editor for a run through of Mass effect 2.....a combined one would be awesome. Thanks for the effort in advance!

lickerout
09-20-2011, 08:48 PM
it looks like there are other upgrades within the area of the map acidentally found one for the geth shield upgrade but lost it again (it could only be within a few bytes of either shield or health because those were the only ones that i changed to have ove 255 and it ended up with something like about 16 million upgrades lol (that's one seriously strong shield), so there has to be one for krogan health and any other upgrades in the game i haven't been able to find heavy weapon damage yet so they are weaker than the other weapons they just can carry more ammo.

changing some of the bytes seems to do nothing as long as its fixed using the gibbed save editor my current save has over 250,000 for both health and shields i'm just walking about in fights not hiding and 1 or 2 hits kills just about anything (depending on the weapon).

Azrael
09-20-2011, 10:11 PM
That would be great. I still need to play Mass Effect 2! :P

voidmage09
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
there is tool for ME 1 but it only does 2 thing if u what read my post on page 2 if knew how put pic on thread i would but i dont know how

John718
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
That 3 or 2 in one editor would be fantastic....please make it happen!
:bigsmile2:

BrayWyatt
09-22-2011, 01:05 AM
ide love to have one made. this would make me go get mass effect 1...

Abd-L-Azeez
09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
the ME2 Editer works fine . and there is one for ME1 but its only for exp and money .. if you really do it . then you will be the first to do so ... i wish you good Luke. BTW can i post a Tut video about it on youtube when it's done ? of course 360haven and you and how ever helps you will have full credit . i promise it will have a really COOL intro made in after effect CS5.5 :bigsmile:

Renegade
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
the ME2 Editer works fine . and there is one for ME1 but its only for exp and money .. if you really do it . then you will be the first to do so ... i wish you good Luke. BTW can i post a Tut video about it on youtube when it's done ? of course 360haven and you and how ever helps you will have full credit . i promise it will have a really COOL intro made in after effect CS5.5 :bigsmile:Of course :D

Caymuano
09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
It's a good Idea... I've loved both me games... And I'm waiting the third... Just a thing I found to difficult in Gibbed was the Skill selction... If you will made the editor, please make an easy way to change the skillz of the character... And so we can create a mega-soldier-engeneer-adept-geth-killng-machine...

voidmage09
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
the ME2 Editer works fine . and there is one for ME1 but its only for exp and money .. if you really do it . then you will be the first to do so ... i wish you good Luke. BTW can i post a Tut video about it on youtube when it's done ? of course 360haven and you and how ever helps you will have full credit . i promise it will have a really COOL intro made in after effect CS5.5 :bigsmile:

Of course :D

i post it on with my post few day ago an its on sec page of this thread if u wnat look at it

solar
10-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Just wanted to add one more voice to the mix... I was planning on going through the series again and it would be really cool to have a combined editor.

Noctis Caelum
10-09-2011, 06:54 AM
So is this goin to happen...seems like u have enough feedback lol but yea mass effect 1 and 2 r my favorite games on 360. So this would be nice. Good luck guys hope u can do it..

Crimzonsea
10-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Would be great to see something like this. Used the gibbed one for my playthroughs but that was always touch and go. Happy to test anything when it's available.

spencbull
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I would love one! I've been looking all over for an editor for mass effect 1 and can't find one

voidmage09
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I would love one! I've been looking all over for an editor for mass effect 1 and can't find one

try sec page an look for my post there is tool for first 1 it only as 2 thing on it money an exp that all u goign find for now unless thos 2 make 1

Reborn
01-30-2012, 02:37 AM
A save editor for Mass Effect 1 2 & 3 would be great !

ldsdrive
01-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Glad there are people working on something so awesome like this!!!

sliyk
01-31-2012, 09:41 AM
hello dont mean to be jumpy but any eta on it?

XajNyne
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM

Any feedback?

I'd be very interested in this. A dual game save editor is a great idea.

godsyndrome
01-31-2012, 11:22 AM
I have played both of these to death and have thiird one on order so i would not mind a mega mass effect editor which deals with them all could be alot of fun.

Do it!!! do you think it will be a long time before you get done would love to mess about with it before ME3 comes out.

KazeKuro
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
If this ever gets made it would be awesome. I would love to replay both of them again just to use it.

Renegade
01-31-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm waiting for ME3 to come out so i can get to work on researching all three. It'll be easier to compare them like that.

Noctis Caelum
01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting for ME3 to come out so i can get to work on researching all three. It'll be easier to compare them like that.
ren loves makin his beasty as AIO for shit...It will be worth the wait im sure..cant wait ren

arthurfrade
01-31-2012, 03:57 PM
hummm interesting... looking forward to see the results \o/

melstar6674
02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
I would like a copy please, if its not too much trouble

eLif
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
That will be epic, you guys know what todo :)
RESPECT!

havenplaya
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
count me in! im interested in this

one editor for the trilogy sounds awesome!

Renegade
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Just to let everyone know. This is not a dead thread, and this project is priority number 1 now :)

Cruor
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Extremely Interested. If you need people for testing purposes or anything else please let me know.

krispin149
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
personally, I have no use for it since I have been done with these games for a really long time. When I get ME3, I will definitely use it. Also, I know plenty of people that would use an updated, non buggy editor.

eric22
02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Great idea

Emerald Lance
02-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Shit yeah! I'm especially digging the ME1 editor part, since there is yet to be one for that game. Go for it, man!

purple circus
02-11-2012, 02:16 AM
I would be interested in such a game editor. I still have to complete one and two before three drops.

Evil Dead
02-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I also would be interested since I never got around to finish ME2.

everlong24
02-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I've been looking for a ME1 editor too. I used one that edited the money but for some reason the xp didn't work. This would be much appreciated.

SavageZombie
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
looking forward to this when mass effect 3 is out!

jamcom
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
i hope we will see this i cant white for mass effect 3
thanks nice read

chainaman
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM

Any feedback?

i think this would be great however, i thought that me1 was too detailed therefore was too hard to make an editor 4 it. there was a method to hex edit the stats but that was it and no one was able to make an editor...however if it is possible to get what you're trying to achieve done then go 4 it...

Fen
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I can't wait to see what you cook up, looking forwards to it!

bobmarley1900
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
OMG i can not wait for this game nd I hope there will be a mass effect 1 edditor aand one for for. Mass effect 3. Keep up the haard work guys

Pirotess1982
02-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I also can`t wait to get my hands on ME 3. Have beaten ME1 and ME2.

CaDor
02-29-2012, 11:55 PM
fantastic idea

wkedklwnz
03-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I think having an editor for the two games in one would be terrific. If only there was a way to set your equipment in ME1. The random items in the stores is annoying.

doket
03-05-2012, 06:05 AM
i have mass effect games but never start to play any. it might be interesting to see all 2 mass effect editor in 0ne. i might start to play em when it release...

Bow2DKing
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
What is this status on this awesome idea?!

Klebo
03-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Considering I'll be purchasing the Trilogy tomorrow, a 3 way editor/dual editor would be amazing! Would really help out :). I don't mind playing through them legit but hey its always fun to mod a lil :).

Dt0var3623
03-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Please make it happen :D

FibonKylix
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Looking forward to this, I just purchased 1 & 2 today to play through an getting 3 after I am done :)

Thanks Rene

Yeul
03-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I just wanted to know, has there been any editors for ME1?

Because I've heard it was bit of a struggle to make one.
Well from my research that is.

Bow2DKing
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
For those playing ME1 i will be hex editing saves just pm if interested :)

Shibbey
03-17-2012, 05:42 AM
ME1 editor will be difficult due to the dynamic save file. The info does not always seem to be in the same location. I would rather see an ME2/ME3 editor first..then eventually expanded to include ME1. Do not waste too much time on the old, but focus on the new. ;)

Mystic2011
03-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Please make it ;)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tlp0of

tripa
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
That should be very nice ! work on brothers !!

Dominus Dolor
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I would love to have this made. I have all three and have restarted on them to get the "perfect playthrough" on all of them. is there an editor for ME1? i haven't seen it.

voidmage09
03-26-2012, 07:02 PM
any info yet on 3 way mod tool for me 1,2 an 3

Kijof
05-04-2012, 12:51 AM
No news about this editor? :(

thegutta
05-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah renegade this was an awesome idea what ever happen to it?

Game Wizard
05-04-2012, 01:32 AM
any info yet on 3 way mod tool for me 1,2 an 3
Yea wait till a mass effect 1 editor gets released then open them up all at the same time there u go all 3.

Renegade
05-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah renegade this was an awesome idea what ever happen to it?Been too busy. That's why there's never editors from me anymore. By the time i get a chance to make one, there's already a few around.

Gamer006
06-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Where is the download link?

THUMBS
06-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Where is the download link?
Gamer006 there is no link its a discussion about one, but here is one for mass effect 2 http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/292-Mass-effect-2-editor?highlight=Mass+Effect+1+and+2+Save+Editor