PDA

View Full Version : i got a new piercing and i need some tips

DJ XHUNTER
09-19-2011, 01:25 AM
well this weak i got my tounge pierced so i need some tips of how to take care of it any help would be apriciated

feudalnate
09-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Pro tip: Don't put a piece of metal through your tongue

Resigner
09-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Never had a tongue piercing, but I did have three lip piercings but then decided to let one close.

Sephiroth
09-19-2011, 02:52 AM
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), tongue piercing typically causes:

pain
inflammation
infection
greater saliva production

Less common side effects include:

injury or shrinkage of gums
damage to teeth, fillings, and other dental work
difficulty chewing or swallowing
prolonged blood loss immediately after procedure
possibility of disease transmission, such as hepatitis

Tongue piercings can eventually destroy your front teeth from the tongue bar continuously hitting or rubbing up against your front teeth. The bars eventually wear away the enamel on your teeth, creating additional problems associated with your teeth, including massive pain. Once the enamel is gone, the dentinal tubules (microscopic "holes" in the teeth) are exposed, which creates massive pain, on the same order of a massive toothache when a cavity is....
Read more (http://alphonsians93.hubpages.com/hub/Tongue-Piercing-the-Pros-and-Cons)

DJ XHUNTER
09-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Pro tip: Don't put a piece of metal through your tongue i just did

johnnyspider78
09-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Per the Little Woman: Do not eat soft foods, you need your tongue to mush it around. Eat solid food, cut it up in to tiny bites and use only teeth to chew and swallow. Forget about pasta, your pasta eating days are over and so are your gum chewing days. After eating, drinking alcohol/pop or coffee, and smoking use lysterine to rinse. Please wait at least 12 weeks before you change your piercing and as soon as you can, switch to a "labrey" piercing with plastic balls :) to help with the "not chipping your teeth".

EyelessHorizon
09-19-2011, 04:21 AM
Don't eat spicy foods and after you eat wash your mouth with non alcoholic mouthwash.

DJ XHUNTER
12-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Bumped The Thread
i think of letting the piercing close some of my friends have it to and they got stinky breath because of it i use alot of antibactirial mouth stuff so mine doesnt stick like shit or any other nasty stuff. what you think?