PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 (Games On Demand) Need help with modding

mrsweet
09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I extracted the savedata.bin from the save. Found the money value and changed it. Injected it back into the save. Rehashed, resigned. Corrupt :( So what is the next step I would need to do in order to troubleshoot?

Jappi88
09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I extracted the savedata.bin from the save. Found the money value and changed it. Injected it back into the save. Rehashed, resigned. Corrupt :( So what is the next step I would need to do in order to troubleshoot?

This game has a checksum... pm me your save with the current money, and i 'l see what i can do. If possible two different saves please.

gyigyo
09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
sadly not release to discs...

TLOR FETT
09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone have a DL for the non Japanese copies?

Renegade
09-20-2011, 03:26 PM
This game has a checksum... pm me your save with the current money, and i 'l see what i can do. If possible two different saves please.Just like i said, It's probably similar to the one of RE5.

pureIso
09-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I am downloading it atm and I will let you know how the save editing goes, Its €19.99.

TLOR FETT
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
I am extracting the GOD right now then moving it over to my jtag to play, I will load up a save or two if no one else beats me to it.

Renegade
09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I am extracting the GOD right now then moving it over to my jtag to play, I will load up a save or two if no one else beats me to it.Me and Jappi are looking into it now.

Ryudo
09-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Hope you guys can figure things out. Let me know if you need extra Saves.

TLOR FETT
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is my first save. All the information is in a TXT inside the RAR

Renegade
09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
There seems to be a 4 byte addition to the end of file each time, But the exact same 4 bytes above, The good news is the offsets are static, So as soon as we crack this bitch, Expect an editor.

TLOR FETT
09-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I know I can own this one but a save editor will add to fun over furstration factor, code veronica never played so i dunno if theirs anything worth editing

mrsweet
09-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Sorry I didnt reply sooner. Stuck at work all day. Do you need more saves from a retail copy?

Vincent Valentine
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Sorry I didnt reply sooner. Stuck at work all day. Do you need more saves from a retail copy?
I wonder if this is skin modable :D like how you can on RE5

TLOR FETT
09-21-2011, 02:27 AM
I wonder if this is skin modable :D like how you can on RE5
It's a GOD, so unless you can convert and extract is properly that would be a no go

Vincent Valentine
09-21-2011, 02:29 AM
damn well what was the thing u uploaded? was that a save from your jtag or an actual save

TLOR FETT
09-21-2011, 02:30 AM
damn well what was the thing u uploaded? was that a save from your jtag or an actual save
Assuming you don't know anything about a jtag? A save on a jtag is no different from the save on a retail console, same goes for a flashed console

Vincent Valentine
09-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Assuming you don't know anything about a jtag? A save on a jtag is no different from the save on a retail console, same goes for a flashed console
No need to assume since i do not have one :) and there is no need for me to know about something that i do not have. Just saying and well alright well just hope you guys find the checksum soon

doket
09-21-2011, 05:13 AM
too bad, japan ver and us ver save game not the same...
us= game00_en
japan= game00_jp

Ryudo
09-21-2011, 05:25 AM
I know I can own this one but a save editor will add to fun over furstration factor, code veronica never played so i dunno if theirs anything worth editing

Only thing would be an Inventory Editor like with RE5's Save Editor. Where you can either add weapons with inf ammo or 255 bullets stuffed in them (used to be possible with a GS Code on the PS2 version), or Herbs / First Aids. (Preferably Herbs, because First Aids lower your final score in the game).

TLOR FETT
09-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Only thing would be an Inventory Editor like with RE5's Save Editor. Where you can either add weapons with inf ammo or 255 bullets stuffed in them (used to be possible with a GS Code on the PS2 version), or Herbs / First Aids. (Preferably Herbs, because First Aids lower your final score in the game).

Only thing...sounds like a few things, plus you left out money possibly being edited

Ryudo
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Only thing...sounds like a few things, plus you left out money possibly being edited

There's no money in CVX. All you have to worry about in CVX are the weapons and bullets, so when the game (CVX) gets out on Sept 27th, I'm sure we'll eventually see an inventory editor of some sorts.
Anyways we're drifting offtopic with this talk about CVX. :P

Back ontopic:
Any new discoveries made, Renegade?

Renegade
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
There's no money in CVX. All you have to worry about in CVX are the weapons and bullets, so when the game (CVX) gets out on Sept 27th, I'm sure we'll eventually see an inventory editor of some sorts.
Anyways we're drifting offtopic with this talk about CVX. :P

Back ontopic:
Any new discoveries made, Renegade?I just got back from work :P

Laminax
09-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Haven't even fired this game up yet, downloaded last night, but I saw some PC version save editors on google, maybe those will help, maybe offset are the same and or checksum?

Resigner
09-22-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm probably going to take a shot at finding the checksum, just because I've been a lazy, lazy person. So let meh crack dem fingas and start dis up. (Gangsta talk) but I'm serious about finding it and coding it.

Will someone send me the default.exe?

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Here is default

Resigner
09-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Might have something. I'm going to test it out in a couple minutes, but before that I'm going to make sure my research is right.

Vincent Valentine
09-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Might have something. I'm going to test it out in a couple minutes, but before that I'm going to make sure my research is right.
Sweet, downloading this game now :D takes for ever though :(

Resigner
09-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Will someone lend me a save, because I'm going to test this out and then give you back your save and then you can test it out for me. Also, make sure you edit something.

Vincent Valentine
09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Will someone lend me a save, because I'm going to test this out and then give you back your save and then you can test it out for me. Also, make sure you edit something.
There should be a save that TLOR FETT added onto the 1st page.

Resigner
09-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I only edited the PTAS, and now I'm testing the checksum.

Someone test this save (http://www.mediafire.com/?qbn2952bzrenpgv) out. I still fill like I missed something. :\ but If it works tell me. I'm going to bed so that I can wake up for school tomorrow.

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 03:42 AM
I only edited the PTAS, and now I'm testing the checksum.

Someone test this save (http://www.mediafire.com/?qbn2952bzrenpgv) out. I still fill like I missed something. :\ but If it works tell me. I'm going to bed so that I can wake up for school tomorrow.

Is that the save I posted?

mrsweet
09-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Is that the save I posted?

No luck. Corrupted just like mine.

Vincent Valentine
09-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Damn, did you guys at least find where it starts or ends?

Vincent Valentine
09-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Damn, did you guys at least find where it starts or ends?

Laminax
09-22-2011, 05:27 AM
did some digging and found this

"use the 0x04C11DB7 polynom from the CCITT-32 algorithm." Dunno what that means, but apparently it was used for the checksum on the PS2 saves of RE4

Renegade
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
did some digging and found this

"use the 0x04C11DB7 polynom from the CCITT-32 algorithm." Dunno what that means, but apparently it was used for the checksum on the PS2 saves of RE4Most likely has been buffed up and changed for the new STFS structure.

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Anyone look at the extracted iso yet? I don't know how to edit like any of those file types.

Renegade
09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Anyone look at the extracted iso yet? I don't know how to edit like any of those file types.I had a quick look at those files, Not much, But seems like something can be done to manipulate them.

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I had a quick look at those files, Not much, But seems like something can be done to manipulate them. Any method or program for viewing the files? If it does not open via, Notepad, 7Zip, HXD (and make sense) then im usually in the dark

pureIso
09-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I will also be taking a look at the data structure this weekend.

I do believe the saves are in blocks with same header but I will give details this weekend.

Renegade
09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Any method or program for viewing the files? If it does not open via, Notepad, 7Zip, HXD (and make sense) then im usually in the darkIt's probably just values to change, Nothing like XML or plain-text edits.

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Like how though, what program. Any files stick out to you yet. Kinda all looks like gibberish to me. Some games have it drawn out in crayon and some are damn heiroglyphics this being a later of the two for me

Renegade
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Like how though, what program. Any files stick out to you yet. Kinda all looks like gibberish to me. Some games have it drawn out in crayon and some are damn heiroglyphics this being a later of the two for meHex editors lol

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I will most likely have to wait for the big boys to do it, I need to self teach myself some more. I want to money modded in that Great battles Medieval game but the 2-3 people i kno to have messed with it have no luck and I have no clue about a lot of the technical stuff

MBRKiNG
09-22-2011, 04:16 PM
hey guys can anyone pm me or upload the default xex file please.

thx

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM
hey guys can anyone pm me or upload the default xex file please.

thx

Page 3, I already have posted it

MBRKiNG
09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I thought that was a game save :P

but I am looking for a non patched pal default.xex

thx

TLOR FETT
09-22-2011, 04:45 PM

thx

TBH good luck on that. The game was Released in Japan on Disc and in NA/UK I guess for GOD, the XEX I provided is non patched default Xex from I am assuming a NA download of the GOD.

MBRKiNG
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
TBH good luck on that. The game was Released in Japan on Disc and in NA/UK I guess for GOD, the XEX I provided is non patched default Xex from I am assuming a NA download of the GOD.

its released in germany austria and uk too i saw that in marcetplace

doket
09-23-2011, 05:33 AM

thx

here is the defalt.xex for japanese version. hope it will help...

MBRKiNG
09-23-2011, 11:59 AM
thx but i got today re4 pal and us version on disc that was never released

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3OWOHT9 here is a vid

Laminax
09-23-2011, 02:38 PM
BTW I've found that the us and jap saves are interchangable all you have to do is extract the save data and inject it into the con file,

Heres one I've found on another site

Resident Evil 4 HD (NTSC-J) Save for Xbox 360.

This is my save file, just finished playing mercenaries with all characters on all maps.

I think everything is unlocked, including Handcannon.

NOTE: Always remember to backup your own save before replacing it with mine. And I don't know if it unlocks any achievements when you load it for the first time, so use it at your own risk.

Rehash and resign with your own ID.

Load slot 11 for new round on professional mode, sell all the treasures and buy whatever special weapons you want, should be enough PTAS to buy most of the special ones.
You could load slot 12 (I think it's 12) and you only need to kill the last boss to unlock the achievement for beating the game on professional.

From looking at some RE4 PC stuff if we can find the checksum, we should be able to mod everything form money to inventory, to health including putting health way over the Max health, to high scores, and treasures and collectiables

Renegade
09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
BTW I've found that the us and jap saves are interchangable all you have to do is extract the save data and inject it into the con file,

Heres one I've found on another site

From looking at some RE4 PC stuff if we can find the checksum, we should be able to mod everything form money to inventory, to health including putting health way over the Max health, to high scores, and treasures and collectiablesYeah, mbrking already posted a save like this, so we know they are compatible :P Nice info, and post of that save though.

Laminax
09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah, mbrking already posted a save like this, so we know they are compatible :P Nice info, and post of that save though.

Well I tried opening up the xbox save in the pc editor, just to see it doesn't kick out any errors, and seems to read a few thing, I believe the offsets are different, but the format the same

Sgt x Scarecrow
09-24-2011, 11:54 PM
So just to get up to date. Will this mod tool work on xbox?? and What kind of saves are needed. I have RE4 on gamecube and PS2.And now I can get some xbox saves. I didn't know if they made it for anything else. And for cheat devices I used action replay for GameCube and the swap magic cheat prog. that was on it for ps2. So anything I can do or send to help. Goal is to get a mod tool for xbox360... Thanks Jappi.

Renegade
09-25-2011, 01:30 AM
So just to get up to date. Will this mod tool work on xbox?? and What kind of saves are needed. I have RE4 on gamecube and PS2.And now I can get some xbox saves. I didn't know if they made it for anything else. And for cheat devices I used action replay for GameCube and the swap magic cheat prog. that was on it for ps2. So anything I can do or send to help. Goal is to get a mod tool for xbox360... Thanks Jappi.Jappi isn't the one working on this tool I am (with the help of Mojo) , lol, Besides that, The checksum is figured out..yeah...but considering every damn section in the file has another layered checksum...it's gonna take a little bit more time than i expected >.<

This is an xbox 360 section, and discussion, So yes, of course it will work on Xbox.

thepunisher336
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Any ETA on this editor of yours? I'm really looking forward to it.

Raoh
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to the editor, saving my Pro run for it.

Any idea on if you'll be able to find and mod bottle caps? Because that would be incredibly helpful, as well. As an example, giving yourself all but one of the bottlecaps, and then doing a single shooting range and getting the last one, then the achievement pops.

Or maybe someone has a save out already with just a single one missing and I just havn't seen it?

Ryudo
09-26-2011, 04:19 PM
If you posted like 3 days ago I would've kept a Save for you regarding the Bottle Caps, but I already obtained all of them. :(

Raoh
09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
If you posted like 3 days ago I would've kept a Save for you regarding the Bottle Caps, but I already obtained all of them. :(
Thats unfortunate. Hopefully someone else who is close will copy their save off before completeing it and upload it here for us. :D

mrsweet
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
you can load up a save with all of them collected and then go in and do a round of the shooting gallary. once you finish and leave the galllary you will get the achievement.

Raoh
09-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Thats also good to know. If anyone wants to upload a save with them done that would be helpful. I am missing that and Pro mode, and thats it.

doket
09-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Thats also good to know. If anyone wants to upload a save with them done that would be helpful. I am missing that and Pro mode, and thats it.
at modify save section i have post a save with 100% complete save in mrbking thread. you just need to extract the file from the con file then inject it into your con save.

Sgt x Scarecrow
09-30-2011, 07:44 AM
So any luck with a mod tool for this??? Not game saves, I really wish I knew how to help...... Keep up the good work....

Raoh
10-04-2011, 07:34 AM
at modify save section i have post a save with 100% complete save in mrbking thread. you just need to extract the file from the con file then inject it into your con save.
I don't want a hundred percent file though, I just want one with all the shooting gallery stuff done. I plan to go through pro mode myself at some point.