PDA

View Full Version : Is Gear of War 3 worth it?

FreeKillPsycho1337
09-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Hey, guys I wanted to get your guy's opinion on Gears of War 3 is it really worth $60.00? Yes, I have seen gameplay of it and to me it looks like it great and all, but the only thing different in my eyes is the "Beast Mode." Really the only thing that makes me want to get this are my friends and if I don't they are going to be very mad. So is it worth $60.00 + tax. (Of course.)

reapermech
09-22-2011, 05:12 AM
well it depends have you played any of the gears series ? if you have did you play it for the single player or multiplayer ??? if you are basing it off the single player its worth it ..
and the whole my friends are going to be mad thing shouldnt matter on your game purchases unless they are buying it for you (just saying)

FreeKillPsycho1337
09-22-2011, 05:36 AM
True, and yes I have played the other one I'm just trying to get multiple opinions to see if the game is truly worth the price.

CloudStrife7x
09-22-2011, 05:40 AM
I say it was worth 60 bucks at least for me it is because i love single player in the other 2 and this one is awesome as well, but just like reapermech said it all depends on you, really hope my opinion help somewhat XD.

klo
09-22-2011, 05:47 AM
the story was great beast mode is fun but short playing alone only 12 waves new hored mode is ok them basic maps r ok i only like thrashball i like gears 2 maps more but for 63 dollars get for the story if you got it not wait for a used copy to make it to gamestop and there tons DLC SKINS for guns and unlockable gears and locust

sly3571
09-22-2011, 05:48 AM
The campaign seemed a little short. The graphics are 10/10 The sound 10/10 The controls 10/10 The online game play from what i have played is awesome i haven't dug into it really as I wanted to finish the campaign first. In my opinion It is wort every penny. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away

tmoney153
09-22-2011, 06:27 AM
The campaign seemed a little short. The graphics are 10/10 The sound 10/10 The controls 10/10 The online game play from what i have played is awesome i haven't dug into it really as I wanted to finish the campaign first. In my opinion It is wort every penny. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away

Yeah I totally agree with sly3571, the story line is great if you have followed the previous gears games

dcampane
09-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Rent it if you can to play the campaign...then buy RAGE...

Caymuano
09-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Rent it if you can to play the campaign...then buy RAGE...
Totally...
I'm now in Act 4 of Gears and I've enjoyed both single and multi... The story is good, as long as you have played the other two chapters. Multiplayer is nearly like the GOW2 one, but they put very nice new features, and seems that the little lag on the gun hit is removed... But about this I can't be more precise because I've played online only in Gamer Matches, and i've found often only Europen people, so there wasn't many connection problems.
The real enjoyable thing in GOW is the cooperative, so I suggest you to buy it if you've got friend to play with.
Otherwise I suggest you Rage. For the kind of work I make, in the videogame indusry, I've tried the game few time ago, and I think it will be the best FPS experience till Christmas. Obviously BF and COD have a massive multiplayer compartment, but they are far far away from RAGE for the Single player Part.
Congratulations to John Carmak, Bethesda and ID software...

pureIso
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Thats good I hate long games these days. Looks like I will be getting it.

8Ball
09-22-2011, 12:49 PM
For online play? probably.
For campaign? rental, its short and is simply more of what you already played before, feels the same except the zen reload is childsplay.
Personally im no fan of online play on the xbox anymore, it was ruined by years of hearing whiny pre-pube teens and white trash, oh and the mexicans. If you don't want me to cut you and your friend in half in a 2 vs 1, don't suck.

pureIso
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
For online play? probably.
For campaign? rental, its short and is simply more of what you already played before, feels the same except the zen reload is childsplay.
Personally im no fan of online play on the xbox anymore, it was ruined by years of hearing whiny pre-pube teens and white trash, oh and the mexicans. If you don't want me to cut you and your friend in half in a 2 vs 1, don't suck.

Thank you so much for putting me off the game :( haha I was just looking for an excuse not to buy it.

Krauser
09-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey, guys I wanted to get your guy's opinion on Gears of War 3 is it really worth $60.00? Yes, I have seen gameplay of it and to me it looks like it great and all, but the only thing different in my eyes is the "Beast Mode." Really the only thing that makes me want to get this are my friends and if I don't they are going to be very mad. So is it worth $60.00 + tax. (Of course.)

If u are a Xbox 360 owner, buy it :D Even if u havent played the other 2 previous games. Because its Console Exclusive, and a TOP-good one.
There is so much exclusi-vity (is there a word like that?) for PS3, but none for Xbox 360, i mean Halo...ok... Forza...fine...and Gears of War FUCK YEAH !!! oh wait, there is Alan Wake >_> and the first Mass Effect... KINECT titles doesnt count.

ON TOPIC: BUY IT IF U LOVE TPS AND EXCELLENT CO-OP MULTIPLAYER EXPIRIENCE !!! otherwise, wait for RAGE, Skyrim or what-ever pleases you :3

Ravanofdarkness
09-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Just bought it and at first i was like oh it's cool then i saw all the DLC for it on the Marketplace that's way to overpriced not to mention 320MSP for 1 Weapon Camo.... your better off flashing your Xbox360 Console and Pirating the Game and wasting your Money on the DLC instead of having to pay for both the Game and DLC. If i see more Games that i wanna play doing this im going straight to flashing my Console because i expect to get my 60$ worth of Content and not oh here's half a Game for 60$ and the other half is on the Marketplace for 60$.

What happend to Epic Games?!? back when Gears of War 1 came out you had a great Single-Player and Multiplayer and the first Map-Pack was for free not to mention the second Map-Pack having 5 new maps was like 400-800MSP. Epic and Cliffy both lost my trust in them for doing this.

13Dannyboy13
09-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Just bought it and at first i was like oh it's cool then i saw all the DLC for it on the Marketplace that's way to overpriced not to mention 320MSP for 1 Weapon Camo.....
Seems that's the way everything is these days on xbox live, I mean it's like $5 for a skin for a gun wtf....the problem is so many people keep buying all the overpriced things, so they keep rolling them out and raising the price. Look at a few years ago, an arcade game that was 800 msp wasn't too common, most were around 400, now you get these games that cost 1200 msp. I never really got hooked on the online for games like this, it seems most are whiny little teens with high pitched voiced that just learned how to swear, I still enjoy these games, I just care more about the single player aspect of them, definitely gonna rent this, but probably not buying anything till Skyrim and SR3 in November.

Ravanofdarkness
09-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Seems that's the way everything is these days on xbox live, I mean it's like $5 for a skin for a gun wtf....the problem is so many people keep buying all the overpriced things, so they keep rolling them out and raising the price. Look at a few years ago, an arcade game that was 800 msp wasn't too common, most were around 400, now you get these games that cost 1200 msp. I never really got hooked on the online for games like this, it seems most are whiny little teens with high pitched voiced that just learned how to swear, I still enjoy these games, I just care more about the single player aspect of them, definitely gonna rent this, but probably not buying anything till Skyrim and SR3 in November.

Yeah, it's really a shame that Idiots like that buy all that DLC and end up screwing us including them without noticing it. :/

Caymuano
09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Yeah, it's really a shame that Idiots like that buy all that DLC and end up screwing us including them without noticing it. :/

WTF!! I can undestand that you don't agree with the presence of so many overpriced DLC... But first of all it's not your matter to call idiots people who wants to buy them, also overpriced (maybe they richer than us)... Second one you can not value a game by the price and the number of DLCs...
Aside of this I'm a 28 Caucasian male, I don't have a shrill voice, and I'm enjoying play GOW 3 also online, both cooperative and competitive.

Ravanofdarkness
09-23-2011, 08:40 AM
WTF!! I can undestand that you don't agree with the presence of so many overpriced DLC... But first of all it's not your matter to call idiots people who wants to buy them, also overpriced (maybe they richer than us)... Second one you can not value a game by the price and the number of DLCs...
Aside of this I'm a 28 Caucasian male, I don't have a shrill voice, and I'm enjoying play GOW 3 also online, both cooperative and competitive.

I'm sorry if i offended you but the fact is that all the Weapon Camo DLC is already on the Gears of War 3 Disc and People are simply paying for an Unlock code to beable to use something they rightfully paid for. So your right, those People aren't Idiots but they are being robbed from their own Money.

Don't believe me? then why is it if your gonna buy each Weapon Camo it's 108kb's big for 320MSP, while the whole set is only 172kb's big for 3600MSP. Not to mention the Season Pass seems to be a rip off aswell, it sounds like they are gonna bounce the Price on the DLC 33% higher for those that don't buy it. While those that buy it are under an Illusion that they are getting it 33% cheaper, i'm sure if they never released this Season Pass it would of stayed the same Price for what People are going to pay for that have the Season Pass right now. It's the same Story what happend with Mass Effect 2.

P.S: I'm also sure anyone that ever Coded something could back me up on this that having over 10 Weapon Camo's is going to be much bigger then 172kb's.

Caymuano
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry if i offended you but the fact is that all the Weapon Camo DLC is already on the Gears of War 3 Disc and People are simply paying for an Unlock code to beable to use something they rightfully paid for. So your right, those People aren't Idiot but they are being robbed from their own Money.

Don't believe me? then why is it if your gonna buy each Weapon Camo it's 108kb's big for 320MSP, while the whole set is only 172kb's big for 3600MSP. Not to mention the Season Pass seems to be a rip off aswell, it sounds like they are gonna bounce the Price on the DLC 33% higher for those that don't buy it. While those that buy it are under a Illusion that they are getting it 33% cheaper, i'm sure if they never released this Season Pass it would of stayed the same Price for what People are going to pay for that have it right now.

Nono, you dindn't offend me, and I totally agree with you that this is a robbery (I didn't buy any of the camo), I was just saying that it's not correct to call Idiots people that buy them... Also because this is not the first game that is doing it.... BUt I can tell you, because I work in videogame industry, that this is not only a foult of EPIC Games r other Publisher/Developers... It is a issue that MS want... Because you have to crete de DLC long before the release of the game for marketing pourposes... And the publisher will pay for each DLC download... So thay make a smaller one... For example... The patches, all of us are wondering why in many games there is already a patch when the game comes out... That's because when the game go in submission at MS they can answer you in 3 modes. The fisrt is reject, and you have to resolve what they call "must fixes", bugs that notchs tey functionality of the game, that we have a "passed" where all goes right, but it0s very dfficult to obtain it, or you can have a "Fix at launch" where you have to parch the game at lauch to fix minor bugs. The last option is the most probable... And you have to consider that the first patch a Publisher release it's free... The next ones you have to pay MS...
These are things that many of the player may not know... For this reason I tell you to not spread insults, because, maybe, there are hidden reason...

Ravanofdarkness
09-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Nono, you dindn't offend me, and I totally agree with you that this is a robbery (I didn't buy any of the camo), I was just saying that it's not correct to call Idiots people that buy them... Also because this is not the first game that is doing it.... BUt I can tell you, because I work in videogame industry, that this is not only a foult of EPIC Games r other Publisher/Developers... It is a issue that MS want... Because you have to crete de DLC long before the release of the game for marketing pourposes... And the publisher will pay for each DLC download... So thay make a smaller one... For example... The patches, all of us are wondering why in many games there is already a patch when the game comes out... That's because when the game go in submission at MS they can answer you in 3 modes. The fisrt is reject, and you have to resolve what they call "must fixes", bugs that notchs tey functionality of the game, that we have a "passed" where all goes right, but it0s very dfficult to obtain it, or you can have a "Fix at launch" where you have to parch the game at lauch to fix minor bugs. The last option is the most probable... And you have to consider that the first patch a Publisher release it's free... The next ones you have to pay MS...
These are things that many of the player may not know... For this reason I tell you to not spread insults, because, maybe, there are hidden reason...

I totally agree.

FreeKillPsycho1337
09-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. One more if anyone can answer how hard is it to rank up in the game, because I do not want to go through all the trouble of unlocking. Knowing myself if I get one unlock I keep going, just like TC Rainbow Six 2. Is it possible for a developer to make a mod for multiplayer rank hack or something?

l Genaro l
09-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. One more if anyone can answer how hard is it to rank up in the game, because I do not want to go through all the trouble of unlocking. Knowing myself if I get one unlock I keep going, just like TC Rainbow Six 2. Is it possible for a developer to make a mod for multiplayer rank hack or something?
Not that hard to level up i got to rank 30 in like 5hrs currently level 35.when I first played online I saw a level 55 i was like wtf already. The only thing I hate from the multiplayer is getting blasted from the back with a shotgun without anyone telling me. I was about to freaking break my disc because i was just getting blasted over and over from behind.Oh and for the unlockables you can do that in a private match with you and all bots on causal if you want.

FreeKillPsycho1337
09-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Not that hard to level up i got to rank 30 in like 5hrs currently level 35.when I first played online I saw a level 55 i was like wtf already. The only thing I hate from the multiplayer is getting blasted from the back with a shotgun without anyone telling me. I was about to freaking break my disc because i was just getting blasted over and over from behind.Oh and for the unlockables you can do that in a private match with you and all bots on causal if you want.

Thanks for the response.

Newtype
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I got to level 30 in a couple of days of casual playing, and you unlock characters as you go.
The medals system is pretty good, you can unlock titles and such to equip depending on what you do, I love stuff like that in a game.
It's pretty good all in all, go for it.

Crimzonsea
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I think the general gameplay is fantastic, combines the best things of gears of war 1 and gears of war 2.
Although my only gripe is with the story, gears of war 1 was big, 2 was bigger, finding out about the Locust underground hives and everything.
But I that 3 just kinda ended, lot's of things still left unanswered, and that's that. Shame really.

FreeKillPsycho1337
10-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Question: Is there a way to get Insane instantly because I rather do that all in one playthrough or can you put someone else's save into it to unlock it. Plus I want to trick my friends into think I beat it one Hardcore faster than them. They'll never suspect it.

Krauser
10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Question: Is there a way to get Insane instantly because I rather do that all in one playthrough or can you put someone else's save into it to unlock it. Plus I want to trick my friends into think I beat it one Hardcore faster than them. They'll never suspect it.
Insane instantly = no
Someones save = yes, but you still need to find it thou

coornerpat
05-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I mean if you like third person shooters, and co-op i say go for it. you might like it