PDA

View Full Version : ( Help ) Dead Island Hex edditing

FluffyTheModder
09-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey all, just wondering if anyones managed to use a hex edit on dead island to ADD weapons and items, i dont mean mod the numbers, but replace items, say if you had some terrible level 20 ak47 is there a way to change the code to make it to a level 50 weapon or even modify overall damage? i myself have played around with the values, but only thing i can adjust is level req, but screwed up a few times and made level 127 weapons that cause NO damage at all, let alone unable to equip, any help would be greatly appreaciated, as at the back of my mind, theres something saying it CAN be done!

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section, still new to these board's

have fun and good modding

Fluffy

Edit : Testing a few edit's shortly, will Re-edit post if im successful with a damage mod

Aaz09
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Do you know where I can download hex editors for dead island on xbox 360?

reppoHssarg
10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Take a look at
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?7222-Dead-Island-How-To-Swap-One-Weapon-For-Golden-One&highlight=chgwpn
It is a program I wrote called ChgWpn (change weapon) that allows you to swap out one of your unheld weapons for what I think IMHO to be a better one.

lolokay1
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
cool program

Darkness
11-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Nice program!

Treybonew
12-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Take a look at
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?7222-Dead-Island-How-To-Swap-One-Weapon-For-Golden-One&highlight=chgwpn
It is a program I wrote called ChgWpn (change weapon) that allows you to swap out one of your unheld weapons for what I think IMHO to be a better one.

Very nice program. Just hopped over to read up on it, and I am up and running with it in no time. I do have a question though. Have you been able to insert a weapon into your backpack, ala borderlands and willowtree#?

reppoHssarg
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Very nice program. Just hopped over to read up on it, and I am up and running with it in no time. I do have a question though. Have you been able to insert a weapon into your backpack, ala borderlands and willowtree#?

The simple answer is YES! However with the original issues of having the inventory size corrupt the GS I decided not to create it. But I am willing to share my knowledge. Also it should be no trouble (actually a bit more now with the removal of duplicate your held weapon) to gather up a bunch of junk weapons and then use chgWpn to replace them with more desirable ones.

WantedK1LL3R101
12-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Great Program man i havent stopped using it thanks

fenixism
12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
great program dude...i will try it...