PDA

View Full Version : help me choose a game

blair
09-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I want a new game and am trying to decide between 3
Gears of War 1
Halo Reach
Crysis 2

I love Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and somewhat Oblivion Elder Scrolls because I like to explore. So which of the above will give me the most freedom to move about? BTW am also playing Deus Ex and Dead Island now...

thanks

Caymuano
09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Wait till Dark Soul, DO is the 4 in NA or 7 in PAL, or Skyrim 11 NOV... Or if you like a less RPG but wonderful FPS with only structure and open world RPG style think about RAGE, 10 OCT

Swiftus
09-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Those are all pretty much on the rails shooters with little to no exploration. If it's exploration you want scrap that lot and try Farcry 2 if you don't already have it, it's far vaster than those you posted

EDIT: Borderlands is all right for off the rails exploration but you could wait for R.A.G.E as well

blair
09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
thanks I want Skyrim when it comes out but I just checked R.A.G.E and it looks good too so maybe I can wait a couple of weeks.

pureIso
09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Gears of War 1

Emerald Lance
09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Out of the ones you've posted, Halo Reach would be my pick, hands down.

Gears 1 and 2 are pretty much the same game, just with minor weapon differences (and the addition of chainsaw duels), though I haven't played Gears 3 yet (I hear it's pretty much the same as well). I never really liked any of the Gears games for their single player (long as it is) or their multiplayer, so I'm not getting Gears 3 until its $20. I've never played Crysis.

Halo Reach may have standard linear single player, but the multiplayer is extremely intense and diverse. The multiplayer game types range from deathmatches and capture-the-flag types, to playing basketball with bombs and hockey with gravity hammers; there's even racing with military vehicles! It really is balls of the walls how much there is to do in multiplayer. Plus, with Forge World, you can have plenty of retarded times with friends that might have the game. I mean, they've got an Indiana Jones custom game type, for Christ's sake! And if you're creative and want freedom to build, it really doesn't get more free than Forge World. Add onto that the map packs and Halo CE expansion, and you'll have to come up with reasons NOT to get it.

If you want an absolutely stellar multiplayer experience, pick Halo. Don't worry about all those other guys until later.

blair
09-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Gears of War 1

I was at a buddies house last night and he just got Gears of War 3 but he has also played through 1 & 2 which is what I would want to do so I could better understand the story. But he wants me to get 3 now so I can multiplayer with him.

Out of the ones you've posted, Halo Reach would be my pick, hands down.

Gears 1 and 2 are pretty much the same game, just with minor weapon differences (and the addition of chainsaw duels), though I haven't played Gears 3 yet (I hear it's pretty much the same as well). I never really liked any of the Gears games for their single player (long as it is) or their multiplayer, so I'm not getting Gears 3 until its $20. I've never played Crysis.

Halo Reach may have standard linear single player, but the multiplayer is extremely intense and diverse. The multiplayer game types range from deathmatches and capture-the-flag types, to playing basketball with bombs and hockey with gravity hammers; there's even racing with military vehicles! It really is balls of the walls how much there is to do in multiplayer. Plus, with Forge World, you can have plenty of retarded times with friends that might have the game. I mean, they've got an Indiana Jones custom game type, for Christ's sake! And if you're creative and want freedom to build, it really doesn't get more free than Forge World. Add onto that the map packs and Halo CE expansion, and you'll have to come up with reasons NOT to get it.

If you want an absolutely stellar multiplayer experience, pick Halo. Don't worry about all those other guys until later.

I chose Xbox over PS3 when I got my console because I wanted to play the Halo series and all I have is Halo Wars so far....

So many games and so little time and $. And then there is the girlfriend factor "you just bought a game" why do you need another?

Krauser
09-24-2011, 02:01 PM
If its only one of this three, pick up the Crysis 2
If not, wait for R.A.G.E, Skyrim or Saints Row The Third