PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Undiscovery Hex Edit Tutorial [Updated: 10/04/2011]

Kodalades
09-24-2011, 02:09 AM
NOTE - I WILL UPDATE THIS POST PERIODICALLY, SO CHECK BACK EVERY NOW AND THEN. UPDATED ITEMS WILL BE MARKED ACCORDINGLY, AS WELL AS NOTED IN THE THREAD TITLE. ALSO, BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING HERE SO YOU DON'T MISS IMPORTANT DETAILS.

ALSO - ALL RESEARCH CAME FROM MY SAVE. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT ALL RELATE TO YOUR SAVE. TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO EDIT YOUR SAVE, JUST LET ME KNOW.

SPECIAL THANKS GO OUT TO CYBERSAM FOR HELP WITH THE RESEARCH.

This is a basic but VERY lengthy tutorial on how to hex edit/mod Infinite Undiscovery for the 360. Updates to this tutorial TBA when they develop.

Now, before we begin, there are a couple tidbits that you need to know.

Pre-Hex To-Do List:

*Before you do anything, write down any in-game values that you're gonna change, as they will help greatly with this process!
*Download the Character Stats And Etc document with all the offset locations and mini-tutorial ->
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nd9ixibies066ja/Character%20Stat%20Locations%20And%20Etc.docx [V. 2.6 - Updated - 10/04/2011]
*Create a general, easily-accessible storage folder on your computer for items required for this process if you don't have one already
*Download latest Modio [the preferred program] ->
http://www.mediafire.com/file/inni09xaj1pyvne/Modio%203.0.rar
*Download latest Hex Workshop [w/ Hex Calculator and Base Converter] ->
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oggkar9t9tanj8c/Hex%20Workshop%20Portable%206.6.rar [V. 6.6 Portable - Updated - 10/04/2011]
*Download latest Infinite Undiscovery Save Editor [w/ XeAlgo included] ->
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgdczs26ri8t0xz/Infinite%20Undiscovery%201.0%20Save%20Editor.rar [V. 1.0 - Updated - 10/04/2011]
*Download latest WinRAR to extract the required items ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cATAQ4HXZ1o
*Back up your Infinite Undiscovery save before doing ANYTHING with it, either on another HDD/flash drive or somewhere on your computer

Currently, this tutorial explains how to do the following:

*Unlock all 18 characters [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Adjust characters' primary/secondary party status [[Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Adjust each character's level [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Adjust each character's amount of experience [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Adjust each character's stats (HP, MP, AP, ATK, DEF, INT, AGL, HIT) [Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Adjust each character's amount of experience [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
*Modify each character's equipment [Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research (sometimes corrupts data)] [Updated: 10/04/2011]
*Adjust amount of Fol [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]

IF SOMEONE COULD TEST THESE THEMSELVES FOR ME AND CONFIRM, THAT'D BE GREAT. :D

Possible updates in the near future:

*Unlock items/adjust amounts

Other desired updates - possibilities disclosed [require further study/testers/etc.]:

*Adjust each character's individual creation levels [writing, enchant, cooking, etc.] [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
*Modify each character's status [healthy, poisoned, unseeing, etc.] [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
*Unlock/max out usage [level 3] of all battle skills and magics [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
*Have multiple parties always active [Unknown] [Added: 10/04/2011]
*Have Gustav only take up 1 space in the party [Unknown] [Added: 10/04/2011]

IF SOMEONE COULD PITCH IN AND HELP ME OUT WITH THESE, THAT'D BE GREAT. :D

As this tutorial is updated, the new information is studied further to incorporate into the editor created by @cybersam (http://www.360haven.com/forums/member.php?580-cybersam). This tutorial serves as the basis to keep that information, as well as help others who wish to do this, until it is added to the editor.

Tutorial Temporarily Deleted Due To Timely Update
Will Repost With Current Information Within The Next Couple Of Days

Gringo le vampire
09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you !!!!!

Serious_M
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Awesome tutorail dude

Kodalades
09-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you. :) I was bored and figured I'd work on it a little bit. Turned out to be working on it alot. If only I had the knowledge to turn this info into an editor. That would kick ass.

Unfortunately, I'm not that skilled. Hex editing is the best I get at modding. :P And it's still a work in progress.

And you're welcome, mayne. Be sure to check back periodically. I've updated it like 30 times already in the past hour because I'm quickly discovering more and more. :D

CloudStrife7x
09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
A very awesome tutorial indeed, great job Kodalades :)

Kodalades
09-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Thank you, Cloud. :D

So I'm assuming this works for others besides myself? -Hopeful face.-

Original Boss
09-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Really good tutorial excellent for those who need help with this game good job

damienx45
09-25-2011, 05:08 AM
dude fantastic tut. if you need saves to study i can provide them unmodded of course, i have the game so i can work on making a saveset for to research if you need it. just let me know.

Kodalades
09-25-2011, 09:49 AM
That would actually be very helpful. Please do that. :D

cybersam
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
@Kodalades
nice tut you've made here...

i looked through this... and one point i don't really understand
why do you use my editor if you are just opening the save then closing it immediately after... that makes no sense... ^-^'''
and what total still don't understand is... why are you guys always use the base converter...
if you're going to search with the Hex Workshop then use the search functions properly... just change the type from Hex Values to something else...
for example this game uses mostly 32 bit values... so you can select that type and look for what you need just enter the numbers like you see in your game
no need to convert ^-^

anyway... i will be releasing a new version of my editor soon...
with it you will be able to edit items... and their amounts as well... ^-^
but the names of the special items arent added yet.. so i'll probably release the editor with a text file which contains all the item names and people can change them themselves...
oh.. yea... of course you will be able to edit all the characters stats as well ^-^'''

but i'm still testing a few things... but mainly the secondary character switch... but i think i'll leave that out... still not sure though...

with that i think i'll be done with the editor...
but if you guys want more things to be added i need those things researched...
after releasing the new version i'll post how to always find the exact offset for the money and your characters
but i wont go through the stat editing.. it's just to make your lives a bit easier with the research ^-^

Kodalades
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
1. For some odd reason, the game came back corrupt if I didn't open it with the editor and save it. I dunno why.
2. I'm just comfortable using the base converter since that's what I've always done. Some people have other methods; it's just easier for me to use the base converter.

I'm willing to test and research whatever needs to be done. Also, I needed to ask, how do you figure out the AP, since there's not a set amount apparently.

cybersam
09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
1. that's totally weird... ^-^'
2. well everyone is different i guess ^-^

let me start with AP first ^-^'''
ok... the AP was quite easy to figure out... and looks like every character has its own AP value
as for how i found it...
well first i searched for the stats... hp, mp and the others...
while i was testing i've seen a value that changes with a value i've not seen on my character...
after changing it a few times i've noticed that the AP value changed...
the AP value goes between 0 and 1000
so i thought i'd just add a slider for that in my editor ^-^

as for testing and research... well... atm there isn't much to test as the new version contains only the character stats and the items
the stats are the same as in the current release... but for all characters...
i've also added a checkbox for unlocking a character
but... when i try that with seraphina i i can't find here in my stats menu (in-game) as like all the others... only after i change her from secondary to primary character... then she shows up... weird though...

but i didn't add that option to the editor (changing from secondary to primary)
because some characters have different values there
and i don't have the time to research every value to make it work correctly for every character

i also still haven#t researched the possibility for changing equipments, skills and the other things...
so if you want to help out with that then it will be great ^-^

Kodalades
09-30-2011, 03:15 AM
EDIT: I'm going to be revamping the first post in a little while, so stay tuned. Discovered some new stuff, with the help of cybersam. :)

Also thinking of posting a hex-edited Infinite Undiscovery save in the Game Saves forum. We'll see.

Serious_M
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Hope you two can work something out

Kodalades
10-01-2011, 06:53 AM
He wants to work together, which I think is pretty beast. :3 He taught me a few things and vice versa.

cybersam
10-01-2011, 12:14 PM
well... it's always best to work together i think ^-^
and besides... i don't really have that much time to work on this editor and do all the research...
need to finish the Spectral Force 3 editor
as i'll probably begin with Dark Souls when it comes out... if the save file isn't heavily encrypted that is ^-^

edit...
oh yea... i read through your first post again...
you mentioned you wanted to add how to unlock items and edit their amount to the tutorial...
be warned there are about 1023 items in this game... but there are saved in a pretty easy to understand structure ^-^
so if you still want to do it...
load an extracted save file with the hex workshop then load one of the bookmark file i've already sent you via PM

select the first entry (if it's the character block bookmark then select "Capell" and if it's the block + stats bookmark then select "Character ID [0]")
don't change the cursors position
write that position in the hex calc and subtract 0x1B6B0

that would be the position for the first item

for those who want to follow but don't have the bookmarks yet... (as i haven't released them... only Kodalades and me have them atm)
search for this hex string "82 03 BF 78"
place your cursor right after the "78"
there you should see this line "00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00" (this could be another item.. not sure though... or should i say... i forgot ^-^''')
this line is i think an empty item slot as it does look like an item structure...

anyway... after the last "00" (same color code)

you will see the first item... that is the "Dented Sword"
here is how it is built... (how it should be built if you want to activate it)
00 01 00 01 01 00 01 00

ID - the ID... this number just goes up by 1 for each item that follows till 1023
Amount - this is the actual item amount the max in-game is 99... but you can go over that amount... but as soon as you get another in-game the game will reset the number to 99

new - if this is set to 1 then the item will be marked as new... and can be seen in the "New Items" list

forgot - to tell you the truth i forgot which of these does what... but they are essential for activating the item

that how the item structure is built... each item is saved in 8bytes always next to each other... meaning the next 8bytes after the first i've shown above is the next item which in this case would mean that the next time is the "Shortsword"

its way simpler then star ocean ^-^

oh yea...while looking through this again in the hex editor
i think i've found where the equipped item is saved as well as where the Bonuses are saved
and i think i have a general idea as to where the "Personal traits are saved" ^-^'''

so think the next version will contain more stuff
like changing equipment, personal skill, bonus and maybe enchantment bonus
but we still need more research... ^-^

Kodalades
10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

Now, do you know if unlocking all the items except for one and getting that item in-game would unlock the Compulsive achievement? I mean, unlocking all items with the editor, discarding all of one, then getting that one item again doesn't do it. :\

COOLSENSE
10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice. Thank you!!

Kodalades
10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
You're welcome. :)

cybersam
10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

Now, do you know if unlocking all the items except for one and getting that item in-game would unlock the Compulsive achievement? I mean, unlocking all items with the editor, discarding all of one, then getting that one item again doesn't do it. :\

uh achievements where never my goal... so i never tested it out for achievements ^-^'

Kodalades
10-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Lol. Could you figure it out?

maxer360
07-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Can someone update again the editor?. Mediafire link experied.

i4n1819
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Im Waiting the SAVE EDITTOR,....

thank you.

@Kodalades
nice tut you've made here...

i looked through this... and one point i don't really understand
why do you use my editor if you are just opening the save then closing it immediately after... that makes no sense... ^-^'''
and what total still don't understand is... why are you guys always use the base converter...
if you're going to search with the Hex Workshop then use the search functions properly... just change the type from Hex Values to something else...
for example this game uses mostly 32 bit values... so you can select that type and look for what you need just enter the numbers like you see in your game
no need to convert ^-^

anyway... i will be releasing a new version of my editor soon...
with it you will be able to edit items... and their amounts as well... ^-^
but the names of the special items arent added yet.. so i'll probably release the editor with a text file which contains all the item names and people can change them themselves...
oh.. yea... of course you will be able to edit all the characters stats as well ^-^'''

but i'm still testing a few things... but mainly the secondary character switch... but i think i'll leave that out... still not sure though...

with that i think i'll be done with the editor...
but if you guys want more things to be added i need those things researched...
after releasing the new version i'll post how to always find the exact offset for the money and your characters
but i wont go through the stat editing.. it's just to make your lives a bit easier with the research ^-^

Serious_M
01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Im Waiting the SAVE EDITTOR,....

thank you.

Can someone update again the editor?. Mediafire link experied.
for the editor go here http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=1707-seraphic-gate-infinite-undiscovery-editor.html