PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft reversing recent Xbox Live bans caused by software error

jkipp82
09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Microsoft is reversing specific Xbox Live bans, issued between August 29 and September 9, that were caused by a software error.
The platform holder is looking to console those affected by providing them with three free months of Xbox Live and 1600 Microsoft Points ($20) for the inconvenience. Customers who were affected don't have to do anything -- the company is in the process of reversing the bans and updating appropriate accounts.

"In this case, it was one of those very, very rare circumstances where we were using software on the Xbox 360 to assist [in policy enforcement]," Xbox Live Director of Policy and Enforcement Stephen Toulouse told Joystiq this afternoon. He noted that his team regularly looks at a variety of information and bans are done conservatively with human oversight. "An issue came up that we felt the right thing to do after we determined some [consoles] weren't tampered with was to undo the suspension."

"We know exactly who was impacted," Toulouse stated. "This is a tiny fraction of the overall user base. This is not some widespread problem. If your console was suspended between the dates, the quickest way to find out if you were impacted by the software issue is to simply reconnect your console. If you can log in, you were impacted by the issue and we've unsuspended the console."

Krauser
09-25-2011, 07:07 AM
[Import an any amount of curse words u ever know] Microsoft >_< I hope there will be an error when they finally UN-ban all of the currently banned consoles >_> coz ive got banned for nothing in autumn 2009, and still playing on that banned xbox offline instead of going on a rampage online =(

Emerald Lance
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
If you've got an old banned 360 that hasn't been updated since mid-09, you could JTAG the hell out of it.

Krauser
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
If you've got an old banned 360 that hasn't been updated since mid-09, you could JTAG the hell out of it.
Yeah, but the problem is i played all of the next releases of games, so my dashboard got updated from 9*** something to currently 12625 i think, and its already been a month since i played something new, past the Deus Ex D: