PDA

View Full Version : Sonic creator wants a Wii U development kit

longy999
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Yuji Naka, the creator behind Sonic has told Siliconera that he’s desperate for Nintendo to send him a Wii U development kit. Apparently Wii U development kits are a rarity at the moment but let’s hope Nintendo eventually decides to give him one.

I don’t have a development kit right now. [Laughs.] Please ask Nintendo to send me one! Or maybe Bandai Namco Games can send me one. I would really like a chance to play with that hardware. Right now there probably aren’t many development kits.

CloudStrife7x
10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
nice information, hoping he can make a sonic game awesome again, great share longy :)

Serious_M
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Can,t wait to see sonic on the new wii u

Emerald Lance
10-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Old thread is old. Like, really old. Like, "two years old" old. Even still, I have to know. Does anybody know if Yuji Naka ever got that dev kit? Really curious about that. Would love to see what he could do with it. I know he's making a game called "Rodea the Sky Soldier" for Wii and 3DS, and that work started on it in 2011. But rumor has it he's thinking about switching the Wii version to Wii U. From what I here, Rodea is his biggest project at the moment. I really hope he got that dev kit! ^-^

Also, wanted to say, but he doesn't work for Sega anymore. He did create Sonic, but he left Sega during development of Sonic '06; Sega stopped giving him creative control over any of the Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2 (Shadow and Sonic '06 would have been a lot different if he could have done anything about it). He left during Sonic '06 because he didn't see an end to it, and he went on to create his own company, Prope. He's had no hand in the Sonic games since. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

thegutta
10-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Great news share longy999 :)