PDA

View Full Version : MadCatz's Tritton Detonator now shipping, detonating

jkipp82
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
We've all been there: It's 3 am, the guys you share your tiny studio apartment with are zonked out after a hard day's hack-sackin' down on the quad, but you'll be awake for another 6 hours, at least.
Now, thanks to the Tritton Detonator from MadCatz (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/madcatz) and Microsoft, your bitter, sleep-deprived roommates will only hear the sound of your frantic stick waggling and trigger flicking, as opposed to the gunfire and chainsaws they normally have to deal with.

The Detonator is the first in a series (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/05/madcatz-launching-warhead-and-other-fancy-xbox-360-headsets/) of official 360 headphones, and its $80 entry fee delivers a USB cord, stereo sound, a detachable boom mic, voice monitoring capabilities and an in-line volume control for the whole kit-n-caboodle. Its big brother, the wireless, Dolby 7.1 rocking WarHead, is still reportedly on track for a holiday release, although we expect that model to cost a bit closer to the self-imposed $300 limit MadCatz mentioned when the headphones were announced.

akoliver
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Can't decide... these or the turtle beach XP500's. Any opinions?

D3VILB3HINDYOU
10-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Can't decide... these or the turtle beach XP500's. Any opinions?

With extra care, turtle beaches still only last a few months. Then the sound quality of your Mic when your friends hear you talk is scratchy. It's very bad in terms of durability. Make sure you don't let the Mic bend too much. Also, I prefer Tritons as they're merely comfortable and usually lasts longer than turtle beaches. The big plus is that it's usually cheaper the turtle beaches.

just_a_thief
10-13-2011, 01:17 AM
With extra care, turtle beaches still only last a few months. Then the sound quality of your Mic when your friends hear you talk is scratchy. It's very bad in terms of durability. Make sure you don't let the Mic bend too much. Also, I prefer Tritons as they're merely comfortable and usually lasts longer than turtle beaches. The big plus is that it's usually cheaper the turtle beaches.

Are the Turtles really that fragile?
I've been thinking about getting a decent head-set, not really sure what to get though :(

D3VILB3HINDYOU
10-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Are the Turtles really that fragile?
I've been thinking about getting a decent head-set, not really sure what to get though :(

Yes. Especially if it's wired. Well I haven't tried the new turtle beaches. All I know is that if you keep the wires as is and only extend the length to where you are, I think it'll last long. Just make sure you keep it away from kids and try to get a headset hook so it doesn't get messed up on the floor. The wireless isn't all that great. I've hadn't had the money to try the new wireless headsets yet for turtle beaches. I think madcatz perfected their headsets. I personally love them.
Edit: But, I'd rather stick to the regular Microsoft headset.