PDA

View Full Version : Rage or Dark Souls, need advice

vicious350z
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I can only get one right now. I have a preordered copy with bonus contant of Rage I haven't opened. I'm on the fence and I need you alls advice and input. I heard good and bad for both. I honestly just need something to play until Skyrim. I have heard Dark Souls is stupid hard, mainly because of the save system. I'm a huge RPG guy, but I am not sure which to go with. Another deciding factor would also be which will have a save editor first and which will ha e more features on the save editor. Please help. I have had Rage sitting in the package because I want to make sure I don't feel checked with Rage or if I did return it and go with Dark Souls be frustrated with the game setup.

pogi
10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
i would say dark soul :bigsmile: and it doesnt matter if is hard , cheating is not the only way of winning.... anyway Where there's a will there's a way hehe

vicious350z
10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm leaning towards Dark Souls but I ha e always got great advice from you all so I wanted to see what everyone thinks. So far 1 Dark Souls 0 Rage.

pogi
10-06-2011, 09:35 PM
if u love RPG then Darl soul if ur key .. i wish i can give u more better view on the game but i wont get it till tmw hehe

vicious350z
10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Anyone else with input? 2 Dark Souls 0 Rage :eh:

player8410
10-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I went with rage initially, but I may pick up dark souls later. It's hard to go wrong picking one between the two I would expect. Just go with whichever you want, you'll enjoy the one you play and you can pick up the other used from Amazon when you finish the first one and it'll be cheaper then. Have fun.

chunkbot
10-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Rage is amazing but only about 20 hours worth of gameplay. Definately worth the play but Dark Souls will give you heaps more game time and definately a higher challenge.

voidmage09
10-07-2011, 01:25 AM
i go for darksoul when u buy darksoul u get rage for free u going rage lot hahaha

Thursday
10-07-2011, 02:39 AM
u going rage lot hahaha
That is so true it's almost not funny.

Paprika
10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
i go for darksoul when u buy darksoul u get rage for free u going rage lot hahaha

40+ deaths 4 hours in, only raged when I lost 3000 souls:)

but for OP, I say dark souls, due to everything I've heard about rage is making it sound rather dull and really short (considering how they were marketing it not even a year ago

Lexmaster
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Dark Souls all the way...last time i checked the clock it was 9 am and all of a sudden it was 3pm

Caymuano
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, I'm playing both and I can say you that you have to play each. But if youhave to choose between one of the two I suggest Rage. At least because It is of a slightly different genre. It is a FPS with RPG features and not a real GDR... As long as you waiting Skyrim I suggest you something that is different...

vicious350z
10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Dark Souls all the way...last time i checked the clock it was 9 am and all of a sudden it was 3pm

Nice, that's what I'm looking for. Just worried about what I've heard about the saves and how little often they appear and how many times you die. Any save checks like changes options to save? What about the save editor and news on the release? Thanks to all who helped with this. Lots of good input. I appreciate it.