PDA

View Full Version : How to find check sums?

naruto12900
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
How do i find check sums whut program would i use and how i seen 8ball picture of Dark souls but im confused i want to find check sums on other games to like mafia 2
id pay 10$ for some one to Detailed showing me [ hex edit ] ill pay with paypal thanks!

Using Hex workshop

pureIso
10-07-2011, 08:53 PM
How do i find check sums whut program would i use and how i seen 8ball picture of Dark souls but im confused id pay 10$ for some one to Detailed showing me [ hex edit ] ill pay with paypal thanks!

Hi,

Can you not just wait for the editor? Regarding finding checksum in files, there are plenty of tutorials on the site. Use the search function.

naruto12900
10-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Can you not just wait for the editor? Regarding finding checksum in files, there are plenty of tutorials on the site. Use the search function.

Not for just that game other games to

Sephiroth
10-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Not for just that game other games to

How to find the Checksum32 in Nier gamesaves (extracted data). ~Jizzabeez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXb4dhtpahk

xI cHOcOLaTe
10-07-2011, 10:38 PM
How do i find check sums whut program would i use and how i seen 8ball picture of Dark souls but im confused i want to find check sums on other games to like mafia 2
id pay 10$ for some one to Detailed showing me [ hex edit ] ill pay with paypal thanks!

Using Hex workshop

Well, here's the thing. Not every gamesave (matter of fact, barely any now) doesn't have set/basic Adler32, CRC32 checksums. Most of the time, you'll need to use IDA, and reverse the game's XEX and try to locate the function that calculates the checksum.

This requires knowledge of PPC, C++.

Hex Editors with built in Checksum functions aren't always the way to go.