PDA

View Full Version : What puts you in the "Book of The Guilty" on Dark Souls?

Ultimarok
10-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Just wondering what has to be done or happen in order to be listed in that book, because I would really rather avoid it.

(I will probably never go online with my modded characters now that some careless fools here ruined it for the rest of us, but I wanted to know just in case I change my mind for some Co-Op with others.)

IxXFinnyXxI
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Just wondering what has to be done or happen in order to be listed in that book, because I would really rather avoid it.

(I will probably never go online with my modded characters now that some careless fools here ruined it for the rest of us, but I wanted to know just in case I change my mind for some Co-Op with others.)
if you do go online go into the options in-game scroll down to Xbox Live Join leaderboard turn off.
This may help you.

EyelessHorizon
10-11-2011, 08:02 AM

Pretty much if your character is modded with crazy stats you'll be put in the book.

Ultimarok
10-11-2011, 08:24 AM
if you do go online go into the options in-game scroll down to Xbox Live Join leaderboard turn off.
This may help you.

Thanks, that does help. I have leaderboards turned off.

Pretty much if your character is modded with crazy stats you'll be put in the book.

I'm sure you're either joking or being sarcastic about that. I've heard that if you kill certain players, that's what enters you into the book, I'm just not sure about what exactly.

Caymuano
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I do not either know what is the book of guilty...

EyelessHorizon
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm sure you're either joking or being sarcastic about that. I've heard that if you kill certain players, that's what enters you into the book, I'm just not sure about what exactly.
Sorry about that lol. But yeah, I guess if you kill a certain player your put in the book.

Ultimarok
10-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Sorry about that lol. But yeah, I guess if you kill a certain player your put in the book.

Okay, so basically just don't kill players or do PvP.

That's all I needed to know, I guess. Thanks.

I MUCH prefer Co-Op over PvP. As long as I don't get in the Book Of The Guilty and no one can see my stats, I'm happy.

Lashley
10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
im gonna try and avoid it too

chaosknight118
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
after research most of us dont have anything to worry about as long as you dont invade other peoples worlds with edited stats like max attributes hp and stam than you wont end up in the book of the guilty. You end up in the book of the guilty by acquiring sin and the only ways to do that is by having another player file an indictment against you or if you betray and ally but if you dont invade peoples worlds they cant file an indictment on you and if you stay out of other peoples worlds you cant betray them lol. There is nothing in the strategy guide that says you'd be put in the book of the guilty for having modded stats only other players can do that so stay out of others worlds. However if someone invades your world show not mercy as they cannot file an indictment on you but you can on them if you so choose. only when this happens can people look at the book of the guilty and check on your stats, level, hp, stam, and any equipment you are currently wearing ( i bit too much info if you ask me) so just be careful everyone and turn the leader boards on the xbox off in options in game that helps too.

Edit: if for some reason you do actually have sin then go back to where to first bell was rung after u beat the two gargoyles and talk to the creepy preacher guy and have him absolve you of your sin if you dont have any he will tell you and if you do its gonna be 2000 souls times the number of sin's u actually have. So if you've been naughty and have like 5 sin points its gonna be 10,000 souls to be absolved.

krispin149
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM

I can't believe the lack of info players have here, lol. Unlike the rest of the people here, I read everything in game :)

there is an item called indictment, if you invade a player and they have this item, they can add you to the book of the guilty. You can get this item from the same guy that sells the book of the guilty.