PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds II Checksum tool

fairchild
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm working on a Two Worlds II Checksum tool that can resign savegames for this game.

As I don't have my Xbox here with me nor have the game i need someone to attach a savegame (unmodified) and then the same savegame (modified). So that i can resign it and then let the one that attached the file to test if any additional security exists.

I have resigned a Multiplayer character that i found on the internet, could someone try this out and let me know if it loads or gives errors? Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?8re4v84w5r5x444)

Some information about how to mod the saves might come in handy:

Each savegame container is named Saves_<number>.TwoWorldsIISave, within the container two files are present: savefile and screenshot. Extract savefile.
Now you need offzip / packzip to extract the zlib compressed data starting at offset 0x1c.

The output will contain the uncompressed savegame with all values, go ahead and change the ones you want, then use packzip to compress the data back into savefile. And then inject it back into the container.

xICEMANx117
01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Cool will it work with the NTSC verson of the game

game0606
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
is anybody working on uploading a save?
i have a save but don't know how to change the values anybody want to help?

fairchild
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Cool will it work with the NTSC verson of the game

As of now i don't know, but probably if they don't change the checks in the game.

fairchild
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Update:

The resigner calculates the checksum and then writes it back to the file. Still i need more testing from people...

Two Worlds II, Savegame Resigner v1.0, by fairchild

Reading signature... Done
Reading buffer size... Done
Reading buffer... Done
Calculating checksum... 0xcc 0xba 0x46 0x5c 0x47 0x46 0xd9 0x17 Done.
Writing checksum... Done

Successfully resigned savefile

Original Boss
01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Update:

The resigner calculates the checksum and then writes it back to the file. Still i need more testing from people...

Two Worlds II, Savegame Resigner v1.0, by fairchild

Reading signature... Done
Reading buffer size... Done
Reading buffer... Done
Calculating checksum... 0xcc 0xba 0x46 0x5c 0x47 0x46 0xd9 0x17 Done.
Writing checksum... Done

Successfully resigned savefile

Excellent news bro i can not wait to start this game

fairchild
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
If someone has time to test this little savegame i modified, make sure you resign the CON container with your console info etc.

Savegame download (http://www.mediafire.com/?60ym2xnvv6mokex)

Original Boss
01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
If someone has time to test this little savegame i modified, make sure you resign the CON container with your console info etc.

Savegame download (http://www.mediafire.com/?60ym2xnvv6mokex)

I can test this for you bro just give me a few minutes to start a new game

EDIT where in the hell is my save i can not seem to find it on my HDD will i need to grab it from my profile data ?

fairchild
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
The savegame should be in the /partition3/content/<PROFILEID>/5a4507da/<OFFERID>/.

8Ball
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
It's working fine, well done.
In future though when sharing saves i would ID null them, never know what manner of snitching bastard is prowling xbox forums in search of profile IDs to blacklist.

Original Boss
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
OK i just checked twice to make sure my eyes are not tripping lol i have not got any file associated with that game i dont understand i know i have saved the game because i saved it myself and im pretty sure it auto saved

Edit nevermind i just used Modio to browse my device for some strange reason xport 360 would not pick that game save up anyway i can not wait now lol

fairchild
01-21-2011, 07:07 PM
So it loaded fine, thats awesome. Then i will finish the last unfinished stuff on it and release it for the public :) Thanks alot for testing!

PS. Not my save so it will be someone else's id's ;)

fairchild
01-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Now, that i know that the resigner works, I will release the resigner tomorrow for the public :)

game0606
01-22-2011, 04:16 AM
i will test this out when im done installing dead space 2 on my jtag good work on this i can now stop playing that dice game for money lol! but i was doing good the highest i got was 30k

Daimashin
01-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Finally! Been waiting for months. Definitely can't wait!

CloudStrife7x
01-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Finally! Been waiting for months. Definitely can't wait!

Agreed cant wait

game0606
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
i also tested this last night and it loaded great job man i though nobody cared for this game it would have been a shame

fairchild
01-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Two Worlds I & II, Savegame Resigner v1.0 by fairchild (chipit.se)

This application will resign your modified savegame with the correct checksum to avoid corruption detection.

How to use
==========

Extract (savefile / screenshot / mpchar) from the CON container named Saves_<number>.TwoWorldsIISave / TwoWorldsIIMPChar.mpc,
remember that the savefile is compressed with zlib compression, decompress to make changes and then recompress
back into the savefile.

The resigner should be used on the savefile and NOT on the container nor the extracted data.

Usage: tw2resigner.exe <savegame | screenshot | mpchar>

Features
========

* Two Worlds II resigning support.
* Two Worlds I support.

Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWIXMKPJ)

Enjoy!

jkipp82
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM
are the values in the game easy to find