PDA

View Full Version : looking for some input..

athan621
10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello guys I was wondering what everyone thought of online school, my older brother and his wife both did AIU I think it was called and they both said it was good.

The reason I ask is I want to get a degree in programing or other computer related classes. But I don't really know much about programing, was wondering if it would be worth it to go and if I could actually learn it.

Has anyone ever done anything online?

Renegade
10-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Hello guys I was wondering what everyone thought of online school, my older brother and his wife both did AIU I think it was called and they both said it was good.

The reason I ask is I want to get a degree in programing or other computer related classes. But I don't really know much about programing, was wondering if it would be worth it to go and if I could actually learn it.

Has anyone ever done anything online?Most of us here didn't really study programming, we used it as a hobby, and got better at it as we went along, I have a friend that does online schooling, and she is very educated, she claims to enjoy it too. Personally i think it's a good idea due to the fact there are no other distractions such as other kids annoying you, being too loud, or disrupting your education. You will also be able to go at your own pace as many times are you wish, and if you're motivated enough for it, you will achieve what you wish to. Go for it dude. We all have the ability inside us, it's up to will power and motivation to unlock this potential.

athan621
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Renegade if I was on my computer I would give thanks lol. Thank you for your words, and yeah that's what I figure you would have less distractions. People just keep telling me " oh online is useless you need to have it hands on " but like you said programing you can also do on your own time.

I tried teaching myself with c++ for dummies, think I bit off too much when I first started and did pretty bad. Gotta give it another shot. But yeah I would really like to be able to do some of the stuff you guys on here do.

I'm gonna look into after work today I think. Thank you again for your input.

Renegade
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Renegade if I was on my computer I would give thanks lol. Thank you for your words, and yeah that's what I figure you would have less distractions. People just keep telling me " oh online is useless you need to have it hands on " but like you said programing you can also do on your own time.

I tried teaching myself with c++ for dummies, think I bit off too much when I first started and did pretty bad. Gotta give it another shot. But yeah I would really like to be able to do some of the stuff you guys on here do.

I'm gonna look into after work today I think. Thank you again for your input.I personally, can only teach myself stuff. I've always been this way. But, the people that are saying online is useless? Last time i checked the internet was a big massive book of wisdom, fact and failure. But like i said, it's always about will power and motivation. Coding-wise, don't just look at it like, wtf don't understand and throw your pet out of the window, just take as much time as you need to understand how it it works, how each function ties to each other. I'm sure you'll do just fine :)

athan621
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I may try teaching myself and getting a degree in software analysis and development or digital secruity.

Programming ill try to learn lol. Thank you again