PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island Save Game Help.

Goku
10-17-2011, 04:30 AM
OK as you know, there are many types of DI (dead island) game saves. There's save_0, save_1,save_2, save_3, save_4, and save_5. I have one of each character. Xian (save_0), Logan (save_1), Purna (save_4), And the a Sam B that also a save_0. Therefore I can't put my Xian and Sam B on the same device (like my flash drive). I tried naming the Sam b one to save_2 knowing that it would most likely become corrupted (I have back-ups) and It was corrputed. I was wondering if there was a way to change the sam b one to a different save number (Like for example changing the save_0 to save_2 and it wouldn't be corrupted)?

reppoHssarg
10-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Yes. Create a NEW SamB on system with Xian (save_0). Port to PC via USB. Extract the inner file from your SamB (save_0) and use it to replace the inner file of the NEW SamB GS. After you load it you will see that you now have your old SamB in the new save slot. I've already done similar with Modio.

xMuRdoKx
10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes. Create a NEW SamB on system with Xian (save_0). Port to PC via USB. Extract the inner file from your SamB (save_0) and use it to replace the inner file of the NEW SamB GS. After you load it you will see that you now have your old SamB in the new save slot. I've already done similar with Modio.

When you say extract the inner from the first save and port it to the new save you mean the whole thing from bit1 to the last bit in the hex file or am I missing something cuz it might be just what i need in order to fix a little issue im having with a save editor....

reppoHssarg
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
When you say extract the inner from the first save and port it to the new save you mean the whole thing from bit1 to the last bit in the hex file or am I missing something cuz it might be just what i need in order to fix a little issue im having with a save editor....

Yes every bit. I am using the term as shown in Modio and 7zip. Perhaps if you follow these directions you will get to where we are both speaking about the same unencrypted inner file.

1. Using Modio use "Explore a device".
2. In Explore window select File then select Open/Close drive
3. In left pane Navigate to your encypted game save.
3. In right pane Select GS ot be modded then Right Click and Extract it to a folder (I use GS).

(at this point we will get the encrpyted GS out of its wrapper file)
4. Close the explore window and in Modio do "Open a save".
5. Select the save and click on Open.
6. Click on tab File Contents.
7. Select the save and once again Right Click and Extract it to a sub-folder (I use X)
8. Close the Open window.

(Finally we will pull out the unencrypted file)
9. Using Windows navigate to sub-folder and use 7zip to open archive and extract save to same folder.
10. If you did this with save_0 you now have a save_0~.

Every bit of the file save_0~ is your Unencypted GS. That is what you will Hex edit.

In the Hex editor notice that the GS begins with FF FF FF FF 00
and ends with 00 FF FF FF FF.

If it begins with (first 5 bytes) FF FF FF FF 00
but does not end (last 5 bytes) with 00 FF FF FF FF
that GS is corrupt.

One other minor issue I have had with Hex editors is usually you need to not only make the changes, but save them as well. Unfortunately I sometimes forget. So make it a habit to save whatever mods you have made before reversing above process and taking modded GS back to Xbox.

xMuRdoKx
10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes every bit. I am using the term as shown in Modio and 7zip. Perhaps if you follow these directions you will get to where we are both speaking about the same unencrypted inner file.

1. Using Modio use "Explore a device".
2. In Explore window select File then select Open/Close drive
3. In left pane Navigate to your encypted game save.
3. In right pane Select GS ot be modded then Right Click and Extract it to a folder (I use GS).

(at this point we will get the encrpyted GS out of its wrapper file)
4. Close the explore window and in Modio do "Open a save".
5. Select the save and click on Open.
6. Click on tab File Contents.
7. Select the save and once again Right Click and Extract it to a sub-folder (I use X)
8. Close the Open window.

(Finally we will pull out the unencrypted file)
9. Using Windows navigate to sub-folder and use 7zip to open archive and extract save to same folder.
10. If you did this with save_0 you now have a save_0~.

Every bit of the file save_0~ is your Unencypted GS. That is what you will Hex edit.

In the Hex editor notice that the GS begins with FF FF FF FF 00
and ends with 00 FF FF FF FF.

If it begins with (first 5 bytes) FF FF FF FF 00
but does not end (last 5 bytes) with 00 FF FF FF FF
that GS is corrupt.

One other minor issue I have had with Hex editors is usually you need to not only make the changes, but save them as well. Unfortunately I sometimes forget. So make it a habit to save whatever mods you have made before reversing above process and taking modded GS back to Xbox.

Wich version of modio are you using cuz I was using an older version so I thought the issu might have been there (perhaps it wasnt extracting the file correctly) so I got the latest one 3.0, wich I dont like at all compare to my old one... and Im still having the same issue :S .... actually it might be my 7zip.... when I try to open the extracted save (done on step7) with 7zip, 7zip tells me this isnt an archine therefor cant be open... tho im pretty sure so far i did everything right since your explaination are crystal clear and the file i extracted (placed in x sub folder) from my save in folder GS is smaller in size, wich would make sense right, the one in folder x is 9kb while the one in GS is 64kb ..... but somehow 7zip doesnt recognize the fila as an archive.... what am I missing now -_-
thx for the help!!

Oh about the end and beginning of file ff ff ff ff 00 .... then does that mean it would be possible to uncorrupt a save that was corrupted... ? ill give it a shot for sure

O M G! Sorry for all that... the reason why it wasnt working before with 7zip, was that I was trying it on Blinky's save ( i wanted to check out the collectibles and try and edit them as well on my other characters)
but apparently I cant do that with his save ... only works with mine wich is odd .. but anyway.... if you got some input about collectibles/weapon mods I would most certainly appreciate the info!!!
THX again

reppoHssarg
10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Wich version of modio are you using cuz I was using an older version so I thought the issu might have been there (perhaps it wasnt extracting the file correctly) so I got the latest one 3.0, wich I dont like at all compare to my old one... and Im still having the same issue :S .... actually it might be my 7zip.... when I try to open the extracted save (done on step7) with 7zip, 7zip tells me this isnt an archine therefor cant be open... tho im pretty sure so far i did everything right since your explaination are crystal clear and the file i extracted (placed in x sub folder) from my save in folder GS is smaller in size, wich would make sense right, the one in folder x is 9kb while the one in GS is 64kb ..... but somehow 7zip doesnt recognize the fila as an archive.... what am I missing now -_-
thx for the help!!

Oh about the end and beginning of file ff ff ff ff 00 .... then does that mean it would be possible to uncorrupt a save that was corrupted... ? ill give it a shot for sure

O M G! Sorry for all that... the reason why it wasnt working before with 7zip, was that I was trying it on Blinky's save ( i wanted to check out the collectibles and try and edit them as well on my other characters)
but apparently I cant do that with his save ... only works with mine wich is odd .. but anyway.... if you got some input about collectibles/weapon mods I would most certainly appreciate the info!!!
THX again
Yes it is best to work with your own saves as you never know what someone else has done to theirs!

Yes it is possible to un-corrupt a corrupted save file but when 00 FF FF FF FF is missing at the end it means that some amount of information has been lost as well. Even I am still learning about the workings of a DI GS and that is exactly the part I know little about!

The anatomy of an item is as follows:

Var - Type - Description
-----------------------
Name - string - internal name is similar though sometimes different from name in game
Mod - string - w/o mod is None
ReqLvl - long - contains color and required level and ???
Qty - long - Should be 1 for everything except Firearms where it is amount of Ammo in gun
Cond - long - Floating point number representing condition (NONE = -1.0 = BF 80 00 00)
Upgd - long - 0 = no upgrade, 1=OK, 2=Good, 3=Full upgrade or BEST!

Let's use an unencrypted GS from a save_0:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8qzka46euknms80

Here's an example of an item taken from that save_0~ the Hex (open save_0~ in HxD and find BigAxe) is:
13 00 4D 65 6C 65 65 5F 42 69 67 41 78 65 46 69 72 65 47 65 6E 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 4E 46 A4 E4 00 00 00 01 42 1F FD 1C 00 00 00 00

Rightside Text of above (also from HxD):
..Melee_BigAxeFireGen..NoneNF¤ä....B.ý.....

But let's just look at the Hex

Var - Hex
------------
Name - 13 00 4D 65 6C 65 65 5F 42 69 67 41 78 65 46 69 72 65 47 65 6E (Melee_BigAxeFireGen)
Mod - 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 (None)
ReqLvl - 4E 46 A4 E4
Qty - 00 00 00 01
Cond - 42 1F FD 1C (39.9971771240234)
Upgd - 00 00 00 00

A string seems to have a len of 01 to FF max as 2nd byte seems to always be zero.

The first string is always the internal name of the item. That is in game on screen you may see a Tijuana Machete but in GS it will be a Melee_leg_TheMachete!
There is always a Mod string but mostly it is None. I.E. the 2nd string is never zero length.

I hope this info helps!

xMuRdoKx
10-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Thx for the info,
Ill start a new save wich ill back up along the way while making some change to it in game to see how it affects the file, mainly for weapons and collectibles tho to start of with cuz, the misc items that Im starting to get now except for 3 things
how do I give them their original colors after using MxS? I thought I had it right, but back in game the colors hadnt changed, I did change the amount from within the Hex editor and Next Ill try to had one that i dont have to see If i can get it to work, I have a save with all misc Items on it so with an hex editor I've made myself a list of all of them, Name of the items - string - and Hex Value... wich bring me to my other question.... Of course seing as the items name are different in lenght its not possible to say that they all have an X amount of bytes (unless im wrong?) so what would be the general rule like (from what i believe correct me if im wrong) we have;
........ (8bytes here) + CraftPart_ (10b here)+ the lenght of the items name (depend on name) + ..None (6b) + ........¿€ (10b)
ex; ........CraftPart_LargeNail..None........¿€
hex; 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 (so for the large nail itd be 43 bytes)
What Im unsure of is the amount of bytes before and after the name... (i was using BF 80 as a marker (if i can say) ) thus treating an item starting from the first set of 00 after BF 80 all the way to the next BF 80 but was I right in doing so
And it seems weapons dont work totally exactly the same way as i couldnt really tell for sure the start of a weapon string and the end of the previous one, especially if that previous had a mod on it ...
So is there a general rule that would apply to all or its really different from misc items to weapons to weapons in hand to jin's inventory.....
And what you said aboud the BF 80 bytes = None or -1. for the condition..... with that it would mean that a indestructible weapon could be done.... right! (Ill have to try it out for sure :D )

reppoHssarg
10-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Thx for the info,
Ill start a new save wich ill back up along the way while making some change to it in game to see how it affects the file, mainly for weapons and collectibles tho to start of with cuz, the misc items that Im starting to get now except for 3 things
how do I give them their original colors after using MxS? I thought I had it right, but back in game the colors hadnt changed, I did change the amount from within the Hex editor and Next Ill try to had one that i dont have to see If i can get it to work, I have a save with all misc Items on it so with an hex editor I've made myself a list of all of them, Name of the items - string - and Hex Value... wich bring me to my other question.... Of course seing as the items name are different in lenght its not possible to say that they all have an X amount of bytes (unless im wrong?) so what would be the general rule like (from what i believe correct me if im wrong) we have;
........ (8bytes here) + CraftPart_ (10b here)+ the lenght of the items name (depend on name) + ..None (6b) + ........¿€ (10b)
ex; ........CraftPart_LargeNail..None........¿€
hex; 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 (so for the large nail itd be 43 bytes)
What Im unsure of is the amount of bytes before and after the name... (i was using BF 80 as a marker (if i can say) ) thus treating an item starting from the first set of 00 after BF 80 all the way to the next BF 80 but was I right in doing so
And it seems weapons dont work totally exactly the same way as i couldnt really tell for sure the start of a weapon string and the end of the previous one, especially if that previous had a mod on it ...
So is there a general rule that would apply to all or its really different from misc items to weapons to weapons in hand to jin's inventory.....
And what you said aboud the BF 80 bytes = None or -1. for the condition..... with that it would mean that a indestructible weapon could be done.... right! (Ill have to try it out for sure :D )

Perhaps I was not clear. Every item follows this pattern.

Name,Mod,ReqLvl,Qty,Cond,Upgd

In length they are

string,string,long,long,long,long

A strings 1st byte is its len.
A strings 2nd byte is always zero.
The 3rd byte is 1st character in string.
Thus the total length of a string is value of 1st byte + 2

assume 1st byte of string is hex 13 which is (16*1)+3 = 19 in decimal

Name itself is then 19 bytes and len(Name) = 21
the next string is 04 which is (16*0)+4 = 4 in decimal
Mod itself is 4 bytes and len(Mod) = 6
also all longs are always 4 bytes

Thus my example item will contain

Name,Mod,ReqLvl,Qty,Cond,Upgd
(is of following type)
string,string,long,long,long,long
(each is of following length in bytes)
var,var,4,4,4,4
So using this example's numbers we get:
(2+19) + (2+4) + (4 + 4 + 4 + 4)
var,var,fixed
21 + 6 + 16
===========
43 bytes in example weapon or item

The series of bytes BF 80 are part of a long that is actually BF 80 00 00 and is a floating point number that resolves to -1.0

It is always in the middle of the item at position Cond.

Cond stands for condition and in firearms it is usually -1.0 or as what you now know as BF 80 00 00

The answer to your 1st question is you need to modify the ReqLvl portion of the weapon which is a long that always follows Mod (string) and preceeds Qty (long)

Your own hex item should look like this:
13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 00 00 cc cc cc cc uu uu uu uu
where cc's are your missing value for Cond
and uu's are your missing value for Upgd

Though values for Cond & Upgd are missing I can still calculate your items length:
len(Name) + len(Mod) + (len(ReqLvl) + len(Qty) + len(Cond) + len(Upgd))
(2 + 19) + (2 + 4) + (4 + 4 + 4 + 4)
21 + 6 + 16 = 43 bytes in CraftPart_LargeNail None

One more example, say you are looking at this:
The 1st item you can fully identify is Tape then Glue then GasForLighter.
So with 3 items:
Tape
Glue
GasForLighter

We have following respective hex:
0E 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 54 61 70 65 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

0E 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 47 6C 75 65 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

17 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 47 61 73 46 6F 72 4C 69 67 68 74 65 72 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

Each item starts with Name followed by Mod, ReqLvl, Qty, Cond and finally Upgd.

Therefore in each of the 3 items we see:
Name, Mod, ReqLvl, Qty, Cond, Upgd
-----------------------------------
CraftPart_Tape, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0
CraftPart_Glue, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0
CraftPart_GasForLighter, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0

As to your last question, indestructable use to work but it has been patched out of the game.

xMuRdoKx
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
hmmmm... Ok I think I'm starting to understand now.... sorry for being so slow and having you explain so much, I'm really just a beginner at this and I wasnt quite understanding what exactly was a string as I though it simply was the word match in the right column of the editor! And the long .... that I had no clue what were those, only figured they were bytes series, the leanght was also getting me all confused.... actually most of those terms were really just a different language for me!!! XD

It's too bad for the indestructible weapons...
But with 999999999$ I guess it doesnt really change anything!! XD
Ill just have to spend more times on work bench :P

I guess I'll have to redo my misc Items list as well as i started it with the false idea that they started and ended as I said XD Oh well..
Tho I wasnt far from the truth in fact i would just have to remove the 6 bytes of 0s at the beginning of my example and move them after what I thought was a marker of some sort (the BF 80)
Ill try to add the wepons as well while I'm at it and the mods too..... (lots of work ahead XD)

So I'll resume what you explain and tell me if im right so far, I can feel I'm getting there but at this point all I really have to do is testing out stuff...
So every items indiscrimatly starts by ( I'll simplify for my own sake but ill tell you what I understand)
2 bytes wich are the begining of the first string, wich would be the item/weapon name, then another 2 bytes starting the next string, wich is None or a mod if its a weapon, then the long are 4 bytes each, and theres 4 long for any items / weapons (so 16 bytes after the None or mod...
So when I was asking if there was a certain amount of empty (or useless bytes, i guess just to separate items), in between the items, then the answer would be NO!, right?

One thing I'm wondering about

The series of bytes BF 80 are part of a long that is actually BF 80 00 00 and is a floating point number that resolves to -1.0

What is a floating point number, what are the use of them
Is it an hex value with (like in the example) have 4 bytes, but is only gonna use the first 2, while a regular value would have used from 4th bytes to the first by increasing value (kindda like we actually write number ex 000000001 comes before 001000000, but we just write the first number the isnt a zero of course).
This one is kindda elude me still... tho it might not be all that big of a deal but I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can mod my save and when faced with an issue, have some solid bases to actually be able to solve my problem without pestering everyone with beginners questions... :P

So a string is a ''name'' if I can say while the long are the variables, right?
In this case (dead island game save) the long are always 4 bytes long, and structure of items like mentionned above
2bytes string 2bytes string long long long long
And if I really understood all that well one other confusing thing for me was the term lenght (lol at me yeah) cuz I didnt believe it was as
simple as only being the lenght litteraly of the items in bytes so I think thats pretty much where I'm at now...
Don't think I've missed anything

Oh man there is one other thing tho..... I don't suppose collectibles works the same way right, and the weapons stats dont fit in there either....
I saw a vid where the guy was mentionning that when you see gen after the weapon name, it means that weapon is in your ''ready inventory'', is that correct?

Anyway THX a bunch for the big help, I really appreciate it! :D

reppoHssarg
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM
hmmmm... Ok I think I'm starting to understand now.... sorry for being so slow and having you explain so much, I'm really just a beginner at this and I wasnt quite understanding what exactly was a string as I though it simply was the word match in the right column of the editor! And the long .... that I had no clue what were those, only figured they were bytes series, the leanght was also getting me all confused.... actually most of those terms were really just a different language for me!!! XD

It's too bad for the indestructible weapons...
But with 999999999$ I guess it doesnt really change anything!! XD
Ill just have to spend more times on work bench :P

I guess I'll have to redo my misc Items list as well as i started it with the false idea that they started and ended as I said XD Oh well..
Tho I wasnt far from the truth in fact i would just have to remove the 6 bytes of 0s at the beginning of my example and move them after what I thought was a marker of some sort (the BF 80)
Ill try to add the wepons as well while I'm at it and the mods too..... (lots of work ahead XD)

So I'll resume what you explain and tell me if im right so far, I can feel I'm getting there but at this point all I really have to do is testing out stuff...
So every items indiscrimatly starts by ( I'll simplify for my own sake but ill tell you what I understand)
2 bytes wich are the begining of the first string, wich would be the item/weapon name, then another 2 bytes starting the next string, wich is None or a mod if its a weapon, then the long are 4 bytes each, and theres 4 long for any items / weapons (so 16 bytes after the None or mod...
So when I was asking if there was a certain amount of empty (or useless bytes, i guess just to separate items), in between the items, then the answer would be NO!, right?

One thing I'm wondering about

What is a floating point number, what are the use of them
Is it an hex value with (like in the example) have 4 bytes, but is only gonna use the first 2, while a regular value would have used from 4th bytes to the first by increasing value (kindda like we actually write number ex 000000001 comes before 001000000, but we just write the first number the isnt a zero of course).
This one is kindda elude me still... tho it might not be all that big of a deal but I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can mod my save and when faced with an issue, have some solid bases to actually be able to solve my problem without pestering everyone with beginners questions... :P

So a string is a ''name'' if I can say while the long are the variables, right?
In this case (dead island game save) the long are always 4 bytes long, and structure of items like mentionned above
2bytes string 2bytes string long long long long
And if I really understood all that well one other confusing thing for me was the term lenght (lol at me yeah) cuz I didnt believe it was as
simple as only being the lenght litteraly of the items in bytes so I think thats pretty much where I'm at now...
Don't think I've missed anything

Oh man there is one other thing tho..... I don't suppose collectibles works the same way right, and the weapons stats dont fit in there either....
I saw a vid where the guy was mentionning that when you see gen after the weapon name, it means that weapon is in your ''ready inventory'', is that correct?

Anyway THX a bunch for the big help, I really appreciate it! :D

You are grasping the concepts correctly. The answer is indeed NO! as there is no space between items as shown in the example of picking out 3 items in a row from a hex editor window (I use HxD) in my previous response.

A floating point number is a different way of using the bits in those four bytes. You can Google it if you really want the technical explanation. I think of them as merely a different way of encoding a number that contains a decimal point versus an integer which is always a whole number. It comes from mathematics and the days of old when something called a slide rule was all one had to carry about. Then came along calculators and computers and the only remanants of a floating point number are those 4 bytes that do their best to represent a large range of numbers in a minimal space. To be just a bit more specific a floating point number that fits in 4 bytes is known as a SINGLE and one that fits in 8 bytes is called a DOUBLE. The difference between the two is a DOUBLE has many more bits of precision than a SINGLE. That is important if you are doing rocket science!

I wrote a command prompt program called Float2Dec you can get it from following:

http://www.mediafire.com/?97uxtu4f2776l0g

This routine will take an inputed hex float
and display it in decimal
Useage for Float2Dec Version 1.00:

>Float2Dec AABBCCDD

for example I ran it on that number BF800000 and got the following:

C:\Download\Game\DeadIsland>float2dec BF800000
AdjFloat=-1

The 1st byte in front of the string is the size (means same as length) of the string. Normally a computer will either mark a bit, place an ending character like zero or indicate the number of bytes. The method chosen in Dead Island (most likely by the Java language it was written in as one can gather by examining a few .scr files in Data0) is the latter.

The 2nd byte is always zero (as far as I have seen).

Thus you can know which byte the string ends on without having to read it, just by using the 1st byte and converting the hex into a decimal number and counting that many bytes. Say I had a short string of 3 letters like CAB and in ASCII hex it would be 43 41 42. To encode it I would take the size of 3 follow that with a zero and then my 3 byte string and get:

03 00 43 41 42

A collectable is in a list and consists of an assigned long (4 bytes). For example when you find a Banoi Herald #1 it is stored as 00 00 00 7A and ID card #1 is stored as 00 00 00 16 and Tape#1 is 00 00 00 A2.
So you will not find the text and need to deduce by trial and error which number corresponds with which collectable. That is unless someone else has figured it out and is willing to share their knowledge with you. By the way a blueprint also called a mod is also a collectable and Nail'd Mod is stored as 00 00 01 01.

By ready inventory I take it to mean what I call held weapons. The ones you can rapidly switch to. The other weapons are either in unheld inventory or Jin's inventory. With that in mind the internal tag of gen at end of weapon name has no relevance as to where it is kept. So incorrect. That myth is busted!

lolokay1
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
A collectable is in a list and consists of an assigned long (4 bytes). For example when you find a Banoi Herald #1 it is stored as 00 00 00 7A and ID card #1 is stored as 00 00 00 16 and Tape#1 is 00 00 00 A2.
So you will not find the text and need to deduce by trial and error which number corresponds with which collectable. That is unless someone else has figured it out and is willing to share their knowledge with you. By the way a blueprint also called a mod is also a collectable and Nail'd Mod is stored as 00 00 01 01.

By ready inventory I take it to mean what I call held weapons. The ones you can rapidly switch to. The other weapons are either in unheld inventory or Jin's inventory. With that in mind the internal tag of gen at end of weapon name has no relevance as to where it is kept. So incorrect. That myth is busted!

I'm pretty sure the collectables increase +1. For example 00 00 00 7B would be Banoi Herald number #2 and then 00 00 00 83 would be #10...so on and so on.

lolokay1
10-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Also I think I got everything right on this..

00 00 00 E2=Barbed Wire
00 00 00 E3=Nuts & Bolts
00 00 00 E4=Weighted
00 00 00 E5=Heavy
00 00 00 E6=Piranha
00 00 00 E7=Shark
00 00 00 E8=Deo-Bomb Blueprint
00 00 00 E9=Detox Gun
00 00 00 EA=Detox Rifle
00 00 00 EB=Detox Shotgun
00 00 00 EC= dev craft 1
00 00 00 ED= dev craft 2
00 00 00 EE=dev craft 3
00 00 00 EF= dev craft 4
00 00 00 F0=dev craft 666
00 00 00 F1=Ripper
00 00 00 F2=Red Hot Blade
00 00 00 F3=Tesla Bomb Knife
00 00 00 F4=Sonic Pulse Grenade
00 00 00 F5=Stun Bomb
00 00 00 F6=Poison Bomb
00 00 00 F7=Shock Bomb
00 00 00 F8=Exploding Meat
00 00 00 F9=Glazed
00 00 00 FA=High Voltage
00 00 00 FB=Slash
00 00 00 FC=Impact
00 00 00 FD=Lightning
00 00 00 FE=Magic Wand
00 00 00 FF=Meat Bait Blueprint
00 00 01 00=Moltov Blueprint
00 00 01 01=Nail'd
00 00 01 02=Old Smoky
00 00 01 03=Paralyzing Strike
00 00 01 04=Phoenix
00 00 01 05=Pistol Ammo Blueprint
00 00 01 06=Venom
00 00 01 07=Toxic
00 00 01 08=Deathstalker
00 00 01 09=Pride Gun
00 00 01 0A=Pride Rifle
00 00 01 0B=Pride Shotgun
00 00 01 0C=Rifle Ammo Blueprint
00 00 01 0D=Saw Disc Axe
00 00 01 0E=Shock
00 00 01 0F=Shock Gun
00 00 01 10=Shock Rifle
00 00 01 11=Shock Shotgun
00 00 01 12=Short-Circuit
00 00 01 13=Shotgun Ammo Blueprint
00 00 01 14=Sticky Bomb
00 00 01 15=Striker Gun
00 00 01 16=Striker Rifle
00 00 01 17-Striker Shotgun
00 00 01 18=Telsa
00 00 01 19=Torch
00 00 01 1A=Razor

reppoHssarg
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks for sharing lolokay1! I am still working on what goes where and your list and suggestion about the collectables certainly helps!

lolokay1
10-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks for sharing lolokay1! I am still working on what goes where and your list and suggestion about the collectables certainly helps!

That shouldn't be much of an issue to figure out with a save that has a lot of collectables or mods. Just search for one of the strings and follow them all the way up. They go in order by which you picked them up in game. So lets say you grabbed Banoi Herald #1 first before anything. It would be 00 00 00 7A.

Then you grabbed Nail'd Mod. It was then show 00 00 00 7A 00 00 01 01. I think you get the idea.

xMuRdoKx
10-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh wow lolokay!!
Awesome info!!! THX a bunch
would have taken me alot of time to figure this out without strings... XD
And the fact that my original game save on wich I had completed the game once, had lots of items and every collectibles except for 2 herald and 2 mods (and those exclusives ones that I could never get since we never had a special edition over here and never heard of pre order for that game either...), got corrupted.... so my main source of info from game saves died there ... :S

reppoHssarg
10-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh wow lolokay!!
Awesome info!!! THX a bunch
would have taken me alot of time to figure this out without strings... XD
And the fact that my original game save on wich I had completed the game once, had lots of items and every collectibles except for 2 herald and 2 mods (and those exclusives ones that I could never get since we never had a special edition over here and never heard of pre order for that game either...), got corrupted.... so my main source of info from game saves died there ... :S

If you send me your corrupted save I can retrieve a lot of what you think is lost and send it back to you. The only issue I have with totally fixing it is the info at tail end (last few bytes) that are no longer present due to the GS growing past some size limit (last 00 FF FF FF FF has scrolled past it plus who knows how many other bytes of info).

xMuRdoKx
10-29-2011, 05:23 PM
If you send me your corrupted save I can retrieve a lot of what you think is lost and send it back to you. The only issue I have with totally fixing it is the info at tail end (last few bytes) that are no longer present due to the GS growing past some size limit (last 00 FF FF FF FF has scrolled past it plus who knows how many other bytes of info).

Well I suppose i could try and fix it myself.... I could learn from that as I also am trying to figure out how to start a new game, and hex edit in all collectibles, w/o having the file getting corrupted.
So if your willing to tell me how to do it correctly that would be nice!

I did dozens of save with just little changes between each of em to see how it affect the gamesave but couldnt quite figure it out as there s much more differences between each of em that i would have expected.
If I could just get a good hint/indication where to look at maybe i could figure it out but for now couple of hours of trials and error got me nowhere..... :(
I do have my serie of hex values ready to put in a save (its all collectible in the order i wanted 'em) but after in game it wasnt working and it seems to me that the difference in total lenght is different when adding just one id or just one herald or just one tape or just one mod.... so im kindda lost there cuz thinking they were all 4 bytes long only well i figured it would impact on the gamesave the same way tho its seems not....
unless im missing something

Any ways if anyone's got some insides on that, it'd be great to know thx in advance!!!

reppoHssarg
10-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Well I suppose i could try and fix it myself.... I could learn from that as I also am trying to figure out how to start a new game, and hex edit in all collectibles, w/o having the file getting corrupted.
So if your willing to tell me how to do it correctly that would be nice!

I did dozens of save with just little changes between each of em to see how it affect the gamesave but couldnt quite figure it out as there s much more differences between each of em that i would have expected.
If I could just get a good hint/indication where to look at maybe i could figure it out but for now couple of hours of trials and error got me nowhere..... :(
I do have my serie of hex values ready to put in a save (its all collectible in the order i wanted 'em) but after in game it wasnt working and it seems to me that the difference in total lenght is different when adding just one id or just one herald or just one tape or just one mod.... so im kindda lost there cuz thinking they were all 4 bytes long only well i figured it would impact on the gamesave the same way tho its seems not....
unless im missing something

Any ways if anyone's got some insides on that, it'd be great to know thx in advance!!!

Please goto http://www.360haven.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=7407 for my answer.