PDA

View Full Version : About the Xbox 360 Slim...

Ultimarok
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here owns the new Slim Xbox 360s and can tell me more about it? I'm about to purchase one soon.

I basically want to know if it has more or less problems compared to the old/original Fat Xbox 360s. This includes versus the fat ones with Falcon and Jasper chips. Just wondering how performance and cooling is on it and whatnot.

I hear discs apparently get scratched more easily on this one compared to the fat ones. True or false, or just the same as the old ones? Is the disc drive in general better?

Lemme know what's up.

Thanks!

Sephiroth
10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/xbox-360-slim-problems.html

Ultimarok
10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I guess it still doesn't sound too bad overall... But man it really seems super-sensitive about the whole movement-while-a-disc-is-in thing. Shaking is unavoidable considering that I live in a mobile home and it's bound to shake or move from time to time.

But that's not much of a problem for me...

The part that gets me is "RDoD" (Red Dot of Death). That's supposed to be solved and fixed at this point with this revision/upgrade, but nope... Macrosloth still can't overcome that hurdle.

There's still one more thing I want to know about the console: Its performance. I hear some new parts, including a motherboard and an XCGPU integrated CPU/GPU/eDRAM chip have been put in it amongst other things. So I'm wondering how it performs compared to the older one and how well it keeps cool with the new fan as well. Would be nice if it plays games better and smoother than the older model and also has little trouble with the new disc format and plays it more quietly.

Ultimarok
11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Not to double post, but...

Never mind and disregard this thread.

I finally got a slim for myself and it works great! Loving it.

koski08
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
that's good to hear. anyway, did you mod your slim? like flashing it or RGH?

Monkey573000
01-14-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm not a fan of the new disk drives, they have higher read rates (which is good but can also cause more freezing) and as a side effect causes excess heat. The solution is to keep the games you play frequently installed so the drive does minimal work. Has worked wonders for me so far :)

iDev
01-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Slim
More quiet
Has good cooling system
Awesome design
Discs only get scratched if you start throwing the xbox while playing a game.... so yeah its good.

CloudStrife7x
01-14-2012, 05:24 PM
i have a slim and love it, i also havent experienced any problems, glad you got one Mister Epic, enjoy it man :baba:

Serious_M
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
I stil have the old xbox 360

MutjinNinja
01-14-2012, 07:22 PM
The only annoying thing that I've noticed about my slim thus far (got it for xmas) is that it's hard to mod directly from the hard drive. Xplorer and Xport are out the window, but this is easily remedied by using Horizon. That program works like magic :)

Magnus Hydra
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
The only annoying thing that I've noticed about my slim thus far (got it for xmas) is that it's hard to mod directly from the hard drive. Xplorer and Xport are out the window, but this is easily remedied by using Horizon. That program works like magic :)
IF u get one of these or any HDD to pc HDD case will work. They have many different colors and even some Translucent ones.

longy999
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Good to know info Magnus, I'm gonna be picking a slim up myself soon and was wondering how you go about connecting them to the PC.

MutjinNinja
01-16-2012, 07:20 PM
That's what I use to connect it to the pc. Like I said, Xport and Xplorer still don't work with that

Magnus Hydra
01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
That's what I use to connect it to the pc. Like I said, Xport and Xplorer still don't work with that
Xports will not work because its probably not programed for the HDD ur using.I haven't use xports in years they seems to stop updating it. I am in there readme.txt 2 time for helping them out
Version 2.09 (1st September 2009)
- Small fix for when overwritting files and you select "yes to all" - now doesn't ask you again! Thanks magnus_hydra for reporting the bug.
Version 2.06 (11th may 2009)
- Fix for overwriting a file and not freeing space. Thanks to magnus_hydra for the bug report.

As for Xplorer I can't say anything about it its been years since i've used it too. You better off using FATXplorer, Horizon , or Modio. There maybe other but I know for sure FATXplorer works.

wlpofnc
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Had the slim since it came out. I think it is nice upgrade to the older X. Better design, much quieter, built in WiFi and a easy hdd swap and install. Have not attempted to mod yet. I know the cables to connect on PC can be had on eBay. A friend of mine got one for 4 dollars and some change and has modded 6 X's so far with no errors. As far as the old bump it and scratch a disc. You would have to throw it across the room. My kids are hell on bumping and moving and havent got a scratch yet