PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders Item Modding Tutorial

Idlehands88
11-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey guys, I decided to make my tutorial viewable for everyone, enjoy it.
DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO MOD THE SAVE, I WILL NOT MOD YOUR SAVE OR TEACH YOU HOW TO MOD!!!!
FEEL FREE TO POST THIS OR ANY SAVES MADE USING THIS TUTORIAL ANYWHERE ELSE! BUT GIVE CREDIT!

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2407/dditemmoddingv11.jpg
IMAGE DOWNLOAD v11: http://www.mediafire.com/?9je2nqf0bnper3i

In this game 7F = 00. So any stat below 7F will be negative (00 = -128). FF = 128 (MAX). Download the image to view the higher bigger quality image.

Element Damage Types:

00 - None
01 - Poison
02 - Fire
03 - Lightning
04 - Generic
05 - Unknown/None?

Secondary Names:

00 - Enchanted
01 - Blessed
02 - Lucky
03 - None
04 - Unlucky

Quality Types (Level required):

00 - Godly
01 - Legendary
02 - Epic
03 - Amazing
04 - Powerful
05 - Shining
06 - Polished
07 - Sturdy
08 - Solid
09 - Stocky
0A - Worn
0B - Torn
0C - Cursed

For Quality types, Godly= highest level required to equip.

I know this tutorial is not very descriptive, but the game is very easy to mod if you just follow the picture. Please do not post any questions about dd.exe isn't opening (it is not an application and will NOT open).

Idlehands88
11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
!UPDATE!: I found the correct spot for Additional Projectiles and Weapon Range!!! I have only tested range on Huntress and Apprentice and the range gets insane!!! I have only upgraded it to FF (128) and I don't think that it can go higher... Enjoy :P

With the Apprentice his blast effect (LT Button) acts like a mana bomb with like triple the range :)

xxXENOPIRATExx
11-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Nice work man. might get the game today and mod it :]

setsae
11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
most impressive , hope to see more interest in getting some mod tools going.

aft22
11-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Thank you for posting this, I appreciate the fact that you are sharing your hard work.

nvdeadshot
11-05-2011, 12:00 AM
how can i decompresse a save im a newbie when it comes to this please help

Countryboy
11-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Thank you for posting this, I appreciate the fact that you are sharing your hard work.

you might want to apologize for calling him greedy there was no need for name calling...hes probably the least greedy person i know he just doesnt want the game destroyed so quickly...

Idlehands88
11-05-2011, 02:28 AM
you might want to apologize for calling him greedy there was no need for name calling...hes probably the least greedy person i know he just doesnt want the game destroyed so quickly...

Exactly, I post tons of ultimate starter saves, tutorials and editors. It's just that this game is actually enjoyable without modding it, and I don't want to see the community of it turned into just modded stuff.

EDIT: Plus pressing the Thanks buttons helps me too, and I pretty much only help those people that do press the Thanks button, you don't press the Thanks button, I don't press the Reply button.

nvdeadshot
11-05-2011, 05:44 AM
i need help with modding the damage please accept my party inv on xbox

Idlehands88
11-05-2011, 05:55 AM
i need help with modding the damage please accept my party inv on xbox

I'm helping someone else atm, I'll help you out after.

xiuhko
11-05-2011, 06:39 AM
That's funny, when I posted some of that information godslam sent me a PM saying:

Idlehands and I are thinking that keeping stat stuff off of here.

That way people don't overrun the game.

I had to edit my post and remove what I had contributed.

bryanpt3
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Saddly i can modd the hell out of any weapon besides the ones i wans ex: Crystal Tracker Blasticus Genie. and so forth and im realy having trouble wioth the shots per second and phsyical damage but tht mapping you posted has helped much more so if u can lend a hand that would be great awsome work though!!!!!

godslam
11-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm offering help with modding as well. Feel free to add me on Xbox (GT below).

hi def meep
11-06-2011, 01:42 AM
hopefully someone will find the element for primary damage, as i've noticed the primary damage on pets and some weapons are usually an elemental effect, then we can change them accordingly

Epydemic
11-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Moderator please close this thread asap. Have you all started to notice the insane google searches. I am scared for us all…

Idlehands88
11-06-2011, 06:23 AM
LMFAO Some retard thinks he can get me banned for modding this game LOL

Please EVERYONE file a complaint on DAWNZER0 (0=# zero)

AOD
11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
hey Idelhands88 u mind if i talk to via xbox?? just have some quick questions about hexing dungeon defenders, im not a little kid if it makes it easier to answer, lol
GT: CPT Jirara

Rob462
11-06-2011, 03:27 PM
How do you get the save down to DunDefHero to actually decompress it

godslam
11-06-2011, 03:41 PM
hey Idelhands88 u mind if i talk to via xbox?? just have some quick questions about hexing dungeon defenders, im not a little kid if it makes it easier to answer, lol
GT: CPT Jirara

I see you added me. I'll help you later.

GOKuCommander
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
How do you get the save down to DunDefHero to actually decompress itYa i'm having the same problem.

godslam
11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Ya i'm having the same problem.

How do you get the save down to DunDefHero to actually decompress it

Load it into Modio or Horizon and then go into contents and extract it.

GOKuCommander
11-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Load it into Modio or Horizon and then go into contents and extract it.Hey can you help me? GT:WTD GOKu

godslam
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey can you help me? GT:WTD GOKu

You have me added. I'm Pynkz. =P
I'll help you later on.

Annelies
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks but it's too confusing. I decompressed the save and threw it in my HEX editor however, I have no idea what I'm supposed to being doing past that point. I'll just play the game the way it was meant to be played until a more simple method is found, if anyone decides to make a GUI.

GOKuCommander
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks but it's too confusing. I decompressed the save and threw it in my HEX editor however, I have no idea what I'm supposed to being doing past that point. I'll just play the game the way it was meant to be played until a more simple method is found, if anyone decides to make a GUI.Ya I get to that point and I'm having lots of trouble.

bryanpt3
11-06-2011, 10:01 PM
im not thanx to pynkz im perfecto at it

Rob462
11-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I figured it how u need something like modio and when you open the save you goto file and in there is DunDefHero.dun then you right click and extract it to your desktop

greatdwolf
11-07-2011, 01:43 AM
how do you decompressed your save i have dd.exe but when i open it get closed right away can someone help me plz

godslam
11-07-2011, 02:58 AM
im not thanx to pynkz im perfecto at it

Thank me then. =P

I figured it how u need something like modio and when you open the save you goto file and in there is DunDefHero.dun then you right click and extract it to your desktop

I stated this in previous posts.

how do you decompressed your save i have dd.exe but when i open it get closed right away can someone help me plz

It tells you how to in the readme.txt file.

Open a command prompt window.
Most easily done by hitting Windows key+R and then typing "cmd" into it.

To decompress:
<path to file>\dd.exe -d <path to file>\DunDefHeroes.dun <path to file>\save.decompressed

To compress:
<path to file>\dd.exe -c <path to file>\save.decompressed <path to file>\DunDefHeroes.dun

<path to file> is the file path leading to each of those files.

This is the easiest tutorial I can make. I've been helping people with this stuff for the past three days. I'm losing tons of time having to explain this over and over again.

xSFx Kronos
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't have a JTAG, nor any modding software that is downloadable on my comp, so can someone help me out and get me some awesome modded weapons? Thanks guys! GT: MLGxShadowGod55

senatorgleason
11-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Hey guys, I just located the location of "Ranged Damage" (specifically for the monk's weapon, I guess. it's the 8 digit (4 byte?) chunk between Range and Clip Size. Refer to IdleHands' picture for the specific location.

@Idlehands... perhaps you want to update your pic?

some other things i've noticed is that for Additional Projectiles, it's probably best NOT to go past +10 because I was just testing +17 and the game would (slightly lag) on EVERY shot.

the unused string of numbers between "color" and "max upgrade level" seems to vary between each piece of equipment, perhaps it is an identifier for the individual item so as to prevent duping? I can't be bothered to investigate further.

I am still curious as to the function of the string between "item size" & "current upgrade level". it always seems to be 3f8000.

i would also like to know more about the string between "current upgrade level" & "range" it always seems to be 00000000

last but not least, "item size" seems to range between 3f103a8c (super tiny) up to 4006d40a (xbox huge) i am not sure of any limit, but i would have to assume 3f000000 would be the smallest, but I have no clue what the biggest would be, so, for the sake of argument, i'll say the range is 3f000000 to 40000000

i hope this bit of information proves useful.

oh, and also, Idlehands, could you PM me your huntress' current weapon stats?

[edit]: Tested & confirmed working for "Ranged Damage". Monk is dealing approx 3mil DPS with the secondary ranged attack.

+10 additional projectiles still seems to make the game "twitch" slightly if casted while in motion it seems. I guess at that point it would be a matter of whether or not it bothered you. A point to note, is that only +4 (total 5) projectiles seem to be visible, although the primary shot (the one going straight down the middle) seems to be a little bit beefier.

Belcher
11-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Found one of your saves on modio someone got hold of it and made the weapon items ridiculous. Your right when you say this is an enjoyable game thanks for the saves just needed some mana lol.

Idlehands88
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Hey guys, I just located the location of "Ranged Damage" (specifically for the monk's weapon, I guess. it's the 8 digit (4 byte?) chunk between Range and Clip Size. Refer to IdleHands' picture for the specific location.

@Idlehands... perhaps you want to update your pic?

some other things i've noticed is that for Additional Projectiles, it's probably best NOT to go past +10 because I was just testing +17 and the game would (slightly lag) on EVERY shot.

the unused string of numbers between "color" and "max upgrade level" seems to vary between each piece of equipment, perhaps it is an identifier for the individual item so as to prevent duping? I can't be bothered to investigate further.

I am still curious as to the function of the string between "item size" & "current upgrade level". it always seems to be 3f8000.

i would also like to know more about the string between "current upgrade level" & "range" it always seems to be 00000000

last but not least, "item size" seems to range between 3f103a8c (super tiny) up to 4006d40a (xbox huge) i am not sure of any limit, but i would have to assume 3f000000 would be the smallest, but I have no clue what the biggest would be, so, for the sake of argument, i'll say the range is 3f000000 to 40000000

i hope this bit of information proves useful.

oh, and also, Idlehands, could you PM me your huntress' current weapon stats?

[edit]: Tested & confirmed working for "Ranged Damage". Monk is dealing approx 3mil DPS with the secondary ranged attack.

+10 additional projectiles still seems to make the game "twitch" slightly if casted while in motion it seems. I guess at that point it would be a matter of whether or not it bothered you. A point to note, is that only +4 (total 5) projectiles seem to be visible, although the primary shot (the one going straight down the middle) seems to be a little bit beefier.

Ya I already knew about the ranged damage, I haven't been bothered to update the pic... I'll update it later...

I8AB2Day
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
The numbers I see while hex editing aren't making any sense at all. Only a few number actually match up with the picture, and when they do, they still make no sense. I am beginning to wonder if it is because I am trying to mod the Soul Focuser, or if there is something wrong with the tutorial. I'm including a picture of my gun and my genie, both of which are completely confusing to me. A great example is the max level of my gun. The max is 27, but 1B does not show up anywhere. I am very sure that whatever ends my confusion will be useful to about 99% of the people reading this confusing tutorial.
Keep in mind that this has my full attention, so I will help wherever possible, like testing and modifications we make. As soon as I can, I will see if I can break that horrible duplication problem this game likes to throw at us. Perhaps senatorgleason might have stumbled into it on accident, as he mentioned in a previous post.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1079756/DDhex.PNG

Idlehands88
11-08-2011, 12:52 PM
The numbers I see while hex editing aren't making any sense at all. Only a few number actually match up with the picture, and when they do, they still make no sense. I am beginning to wonder if it is because I am trying to mod the Soul Focuser, or if there is something wrong with the tutorial. I'm including a picture of my gun and my genie, both of which are completely confusing to me. A great example is the max level of my gun. The max is 27, but 1B does not show up anywhere. I am very sure that whatever ends my confusion will be useful to about 99% of the people reading this confusing tutorial.
Keep in mind that this has my full attention, so I will help wherever possible, like testing and modifications we make. As soon as I can, I will see if I can break that horrible duplication problem this game likes to throw at us. Perhaps senatorgleason might have stumbled into it on accident, as he mentioned in a previous post.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1079756/DDhex.PNG

That's because you are reading the hex wrong... Your item info is above your items name. you are looking at your Genie instead of your Bow and you're looking at your Boots instead of your genie... From the picture you posted I can see the 1B for your Bows level (look for 1F401B).

If you look at my tutorial I even outline the weapon I used in the tutorial, so no there is nothing wrong with my tutorial, just something wrong with you...

senatorgleason
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
That's because you are reading the hex wrong... Your item info is above your items name. you are looking at your Genie instead of your Bow and you're looking at your Boots instead of your genie... From the picture you posted I can see the 1B for your Bows level (look for 1F401B).

If you look at my tutorial I even outline the weapon I used in the tutorial, so no there is nothing wrong with my tutorial, just something wrong with you...

Yup, you got your genie & boots highlighted there.

simontjes
11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
just a question . wich is the best hex editor and where can i get it for free , i tryed this one http://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor , but it crash when i try to open the decompressed file

Countryboy
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Hex workshop is the best its what most people on this site use i think and thanks for the easy to follow tutorial picture idlehands88 has helped me so much even though i already told u that online lol and thanks for the constant updates on what you have discovered hopefully we can make some very beautiful weapons with this pic thanks buddy

Daarthraider
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
i'm new to this modding stuff so how do i actually get the code to change it, please say, thanks.

codymiller15
11-09-2011, 02:38 AM
i was wondering how to hex edit thanks gt ii viziio x

Slamel
11-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Thanks to Idlehands for this tutorial and Godslam for the help online in answering my questions.

I have a couple questions for the hivemind here. Has anyone found how/where to edit "Banked Mana" and what to edit for a familiar/pet?

Idlehands88
11-09-2011, 03:20 AM
!UPDATE!: Added "Attack/Swing Speed" (not the same as "Shots per Second").

Slamel
11-09-2011, 03:34 AM
So that new attack/swing speed value would be used for Squire and Apprentice weapons and the Melee part of a Monk weapon?

Idlehands88
11-09-2011, 04:10 AM
So that new attack/swing speed value would be used for Squire and Apprentice weapons and the Melee part of a Monk weapon?

Yes ma'am :P It's a multiplier, so don't set it higher then 15 (41700000) or you'll have a difficult time hitting an enemy because you're attack will be too fast :)

djsun
11-09-2011, 05:04 AM
when i open dd.exe it opens for a split second then closes, is this compatible with windows 7 or am i doin something wrong?

nevermind figured it out. how the hell do you read all that shit in hex workshop?

Frankenzilla
11-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the tute. I had some trouble at first, for some reason my damage wasnt being calculated the same as i had added it up, but once i tried searching for other attritbutes i had no problems. Thanks Idle

djsun
11-09-2011, 07:16 AM
i followed all the steps to do this and when i load the game back up the weapon is gone. any clues, also how can you tell where the values start for a weapon? sorry its my first time trying this. thx

Frankenzilla
11-09-2011, 02:36 PM
i followed all the steps to do this and when i load the game back up the weapon is gone. any clues, also how can you tell where the values start for a weapon? sorry its my first time trying this. thx

what worked for me was searching for the specific stats on my weapon. find a cluster of them and you know youre in the right spot. just compare what you see with what idle color coded in the picture and count out the bytes. begining of item data looks to start with 01 02 03. from there just edit the hex to what value you want.

DirtE
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Hey, Im having trouble with the decompress step to modding this game. When I try to use it with my save it sayd it cant open the save. Any help would be great. Thanks

godslam
11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I have made two tutorials on how to mod saves. One for how to get your save from a device, decompress, compress and then put it back on the device and another on how to hex edit.

Getting Started (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?7618-TUTORIAL-Getting-Started-Dungeon-Defenders-Modding&p=48425&viewfull=1#post48425)
Hex Editing (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?7666-TUTORIAL-Hex-Editing-Dungeon-Defenders&p=49011&viewfull=1#post49011)

Tons of credit to Idlehands88 and Fairchild.

DirtE
11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Hey I'm hoping someone can tell me why I can't get this to work. I've read all the tutorials on how decompress and edit the save step by step. My problem is when I try to run the command to decompress it says "cant open save aborting" after it trys openingthe file. Ive tried extracting save with modio and horizon with same thing happening with both. Im running cmd prompt as admin. Any and all help would be great. Thanks ahead of time. Msg me on here or my XBL GT is= CaIIMeDirtE (capital i's in call)

I HATE MOONWOLF
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
HEY could any1 give me some modded weps or gear my gt is I HATE MOONWOLF thanks.......=)

Hazic
11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey make your your spelling everything correctly dd.exe -c save.decompress dundefheroes.dun is all you have to type to compress be it thats what you use for the save file

gh0st
11-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey, I've been trying to mod from my mac, downloading program after program. You name it I've done it. If you have any info on how to mod from a mac I'd really appreciate it. Or if its impossible and anyone is feeling generous I have mana but I don't want just any ridiculous weapon I have specific stats I would like. Its only four weapons I wanna do or if someone will help me and do them for me. My gamertag is gh0st1762. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rizzaline
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Is it possible to edit armor types to pristine, mail etc?

IG A ME xO V ER
11-14-2011, 01:45 AM
thanks Man

Chucky91
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Could You Put Weapon Colors? I Was Trying To Change The Color Of My Weapons, But They Keep Changing To White Or Black No Matter What Hex Color I Change It To.

zackthe randome
11-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm playing on xbox360 now my xbox name are Captain Zacke and name on dungeon defenders are toben.
I wonder if anyone can give me moded wepons.
or send me a pm when im online later.

Lunch Box Pro
11-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Great Tutorial. Helped me heaps. (The game is better legitamate, actually all games are better legit. I'm only here to Learn about Hex Editing for something to do).< I know very weird but honestly true.> Again, Thanks Idlehands. :)

buddy1230
11-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi does anyone know how to modify the weapon size

Idlehands88
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi does anyone know how to modify the weapon size

Read the first post...

buddy1230
11-27-2011, 03:21 AM
When i asked weapon size i was asking what is the biggest it can get and i dont want to mess the code up if i put FE or FF because that might get to big...

Idlehands88
11-27-2011, 05:03 AM
When i asked weapon size i was asking what is the biggest it can get and i dont want to mess the code up if i put FE or FF because that might get to big...

It's a float value, so FE or FF won't work. The max you can set it to would be 4F000000 but that would be stupidly huge. 40100000 is a big size weapon, still stupidly huge, but doesn't fill the screen.

wrxscooby
11-27-2011, 05:20 AM
is this kit and decompression kit 2 different ways to run mods? or do i need to dl them both and run em?

Idlehands88
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I now have over 11k stats for my Huntress (67k HP) and I have 3 pets equipped (a Fairy, a Genie and an Imp) :P I might post how to do it later, if the demand is high (no use typing a tutorial if people don't even care for it) :D

My Proximity Mine has 1029 Detonations and does 100k dmg :P

TJSmiffy
11-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I now have over 11k stats for my Huntress (67k HP) and I have 3 pets equipped (a Fairy, a Genie and an Imp) :P I might post how to do it later, if the demand is high (no use typing a tutorial if people don't even care for it) :D

woahhhh, and i thought i was clever for just working out how to do it myself :L you outdo yourself over and over Idlehands :)

Random Leech
12-01-2011, 05:30 AM
The compression tool locks up after I received the chicken, is there something different about the chicken itself? The only other thing I can think of is the number of items on the save.

SpaceBass
12-01-2011, 05:40 AM

You have my vote, Sir. Agreed with TJSmiffy :D

Calumet King
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much! It took me about an hour just reading along with trial and error(and your very handy reference) to figure out how to mod this game. If anyone is having trouble feel free to shoot me a PM or on xbox live. my gamertag is the exact same as my tag on here, Calumet King(pronounced Cal-u-met). thanks again and happy modding all

cyber7
12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Same happens to me if i have to many items or something. Almost went back to "backup 14", but then i gave away the stuff i didnt want/need (almost all of my stuff :P) and the compression toolkit started to work again (like in, not crash).

So the tip is; if the compression toolkit crashes/freezez/stops responding - give back/away most of the stuff you have, the try again with less stuff.

I now have full set of matching armors, pets and weapo ns for the four classes equipped.

But I have nowhere NEAR the crazy shit stats IdleHands88 just mentioned.

Idlehands88
12-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Tiny update to the picture, I noticed some of the text got messed up from moving the text around too much... Download for v11 has been added, enjoy!

SpaceBass
12-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Guess that explains why I was getting some things mixed up :D Thanks for this!

JohnnyLongHoze
12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
It would seem I'm a bit confused and I'm not sure if I should be posting here or on Fairchild's thread with the compression tool. I've Successfully ported my save game from my xbox, opened the files and decompressed them, modded an item to make sure it works, re-compressed with dd.exe and got the files back to .dun.rebuilt and .bak.rebuilt respectfully. Fairchild's instructions then say to inject those files back into the usb using modio, however they don't revert to DunDefSave files. Anyone have any light they'd like to shine on my problem?

enjoythebuttterbake
12-11-2011, 08:04 AM

Having 4 pets all at once on a character is a lot of fun and quite easy to do.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/hippiebeard/4pets.jpg

Idlehands88
12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Having 4 pets all at once on a character is a lot of fun and quite easy to do.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/hippiebeard/4pets.jpg

LOL yep, I use 2 Genies, a Fairy and an Imp, all the best pets :)

Dan_K_Ganja
12-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Can u really have 4 pets on? Could you shine some light on on the player stats hex? I found out how to make my characters lvl 255 but not really sure how many extra stat points i can put on yet but my in-game max mana is now 5,120. Ohh yeah and Thx 4 all the help allready

SpaceBass
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Can u really have 4 pets on?

Apparently. I've tried renaming, relocating, adding, removing and I still can not figure it out :P

You can set mana at a max of five million. Really you can go higher, but the game will just revert it if it ever has to calculate it for whatever reason.
Be sure to check out Godslam's tutorial on this if you have not already, [Here] (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?7666-TUTORIAL-Hex-Editing-Dungeon-Defenders&highlight=Dungeon+Defenders)
~SpaceBass~

spongefire14
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
can you get banned for modding weapons

SpaceBass
12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
It is a possibility for Trendy to ban you from their servers. I suggest playing offline, or others could report you, but I have yet to see them take action on the consoles. When the patch comes out for the consoles, I'm not sure what will happen then.

Dan_K_Ganja
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
You can set mana at a max of five million. Really you can go higher, but the game will just revert it if it ever has to calculate it for whatever reason.
~SpaceBass~
Read that and dont see anything about changing the mana max you would use to build/upgrade in game. i was thinking about the pet thing... What if u take lets say the boots u already have on and change the hex to a pet (add/delete the extra characters somewhere else). Havent tried yet just an idea.

Idlehands88
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Read that and dont see anything about changing the mana max you would use to build/upgrade in game. i was thinking about the pet thing... What if u take lets say the boots u already have on and change the hex to a pet (add/delete the extra characters somewhere else). Havent tried yet just an idea.

Congrats, you just figured it out YAY!

enjoythebuttterbake
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
... i was thinking about the pet thing... What if u take lets say the boots u already have on and change the hex to a pet (add/delete the extra characters somewhere else). Havent tried yet just an idea.

Winner, winner, multiple chickens for dinner, I mean pets.

If you are not comfortable with adding/removing bytes from somewhere else, you can simply CUT/PASTE/SWAP an unused item with one that is equipped so as NOT to have to add/remove bytes.

SpaceBass
12-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Swapping out will work for weapons, pets, and armor. I know the two byte's before the 010203 change if an item is the first equipped, so take that in note.
I'm not sure if the mana used to build towers would be in a save as they do not change.

Can u really have 4 pets on? Could you shine some light on on the player stats hex? I found out how to make my characters lvl 255 but not really sure how many extra stat points i can put on yet but my in-game max mana is now 5,120. Ohh yeah and Thx 4 all the help allready

The same area you edit your character lvl (Int8) you can edit the experience directly after (Int32) and the character stats directly before (Int32 I believe). However if you edit your stats over what your current lvl allows it will just reset them. Lvl 255 will allow you 1,039 points. If you have any stat maxed at your current lvl, when you edit your characters lvl it will jump to that max.
~SpaceBass~

sryiforgot
12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Awesome Tutorial, New pic is a huge improvement haha. By the way you should let us know how to get 11k stats ;)

TheFalcon513
12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey i saw a guy on xbox live with his hero lvl 50,000 anyone know how to do that?

SSSTONERRR
12-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey i saw a guy on xbox live with his hero lvl 50,000 anyone know how to do that?

Its actually quite simple, i made my Huntress lvl 2,500,000 (the higher the level the LONGER the gamesave takes to load... :s) and figured out the ratio to Level to skill points. (<= not saying till i see if idlehands88 want me to share it or not)
I WOULD NOT recommend making your level over ~2,500,000 it takes 30seconds - 1 minute to load (when you select your save device, it took longer than 6hrs for my lvl 2,000,000,000 squire to load, so i deleted it lol)

If you haven't done so already- making your Towers shoot .01 shots/second locks the tower (making them as use a Magical Barricade...)

the only thing i dont mess to much with is the coloring (Glow) of the weapons- well trying to figure out the hex for (Glow) White.

jono5662
12-17-2011, 01:28 AM
hey i made a video tut check it out and tell me what u think

SSSTONERRR
12-17-2011, 02:10 AM
hey i made a video tut check it out and tell me what u think

I haven't looked @ your video, but (in my personal opinion) i think if you can't figure out how to edit a gamesave from the picture (that tells you everything you need to know to change your items [with some experience]) you shouldn't even be modding in the first place... Again that's my personal opinion.

Besides if you haven't noticed everytime sum1 posts a youtube tut its patched even quicker... (either make it a private video, and remove all tags- search options) so only people that know about it can look @ it, not the public.

Edit: i do understand you are trying to help other members though, don't get me wrong.

For anyone wondering how to mod your character, I have posted a tutorial, basic but a work in progress lol

xXkenta_marasumeXx
12-17-2011, 06:09 PM
tHANKS SO MUCH BRO ... cOULD YOU POSSIBLE HAVE A TUTORIAL THAT KINDA GOES MORE INDEPTH OF HEX EDITING THIS GAME?
i REALLY APPRECIATE (can't spell srry) ALL YOU TUTORIALS ... KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK.

Random Leech
12-17-2011, 06:46 PM
So for the serial number can that be changed to random bytes or are there specific steps?

Idlehands88
12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
tHANKS SO MUCH BRO ... cOULD YOU POSSIBLE HAVE A TUTORIAL THAT KINDA GOES MORE INDEPTH OF HEX EDITING THIS GAME?
i REALLY APPRECIATE (can't spell srry) ALL YOU TUTORIALS ... KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK.

You need to press the key on your keyboard that is to the left of the "A" key...

Mattz0r
12-18-2011, 03:04 PM
thanks very much this really helped me
shame that i suck at hex editing :)
keep up the good work

Dan_K_Ganja
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
So the whole 11k stat thing is stacking armor on ur character. The first armor peice on ur character and and in ur inventory will have a bit read #. So u cut/paste ur armor from ur inventory and put it on ur character then change the bit read accordingly. U can also change ur lvl and stats like they were saying before not sure what the better route is but i never had to wait 6hrs to load lol....... QUOTE=xXkenta_marasumeXx;56855]tHANKS SO MUCH BRO ... cOULD YOU POSSIBLE HAVE A TUTORIAL THAT KINDA GOES MORE INDEPTH OF HEX EDITING THIS GAME?i REALLY APPRECIATE (can't spell srry) ALL YOU TUTORIALS ... KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK.[/QUOTE]
LOOK AT ANY POST ABOUT HEX EDITING!!! HALF THE SITE IS DEVOTED TO PROGRAMING!!! anD STOP YELLING AT ME

xXkenta_marasumeXx
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
ok i compressed it after editing and i have no idea on how to put the rebuilt file back into my game HELP NOW PLZ ... T^T

SSSTONERRR
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
ok i compressed it after editing and i have no idea on how to put the rebuilt file back into my game HELP NOW PLZ ... T^T

Just 'Replace' the original DunDefHeroes.dun, in your modding tool (Horizon, or Modio) so instead on Extracting the DunDefHeroes.dun click 'Replace' and replace it with the DunDefHeroes.dun.rebuilt, then rehash & resign, and inject your save back into your USB/HDD/MU

So the whole 11k stat thing is stacking armor on ur character. The first armor peice on ur character and and in ur inventory will have a bit read #. So u cut/paste ur armor from ur inventory and put it on ur character then change the bit read accordingly. U can also change ur lvl and stats like they were saying before not sure what the better route is but i never had to wait 6hrs to load lol.......

If you stick to a level modded to less than 1,000,000 you can load ur save extremely fast, and still add massive skill points, the reason it takes to long for the level 2,000,000,000 to load is it has 8,000,000,019 Skillpoints to load, that you placed on your character, as well as you in game mana max will be through the roof... If you were to take some time and look in to character modding you wouldnt need to stack ur armor, if you aren't afraid of having a level 1,000,000, instead of lvl 70 :-r

If u need a TuT on character modding just check mine out => Here (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?8740-Tutorial-Dungeon-Defenders-Character-Modding-Tutorial)

Dan_K_Ganja
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
If you stick to a level modded to less than 1,000,000 you can load ur save extremely fast, and still add massive skill points, the reason it takes to long for the level 2,000,000,000 to load is it has 8,000,000,019 Skillpoints to load, that you placed on your character, as well as you in game mana max will be through the roof... If you were to take some time and look in to character modding you wouldnt need to stack ur armor, if you aren't afraid of having a level 1,000,000, instead of lvl 70 :-r

If u need a TuT on character modding just check mine out => Here (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?8740-Tutorial-Dungeon-Defenders-Character-Modding-Tutorial)
And if would read the post i already know how to do it just telling ppl their options but thanx for plugging ur own post :^(

SpaceBass
12-20-2011, 12:05 AM
And if would read the post i already know how to do it just telling ppl their options but thanx for plugging ur own post :^(

He was just making a logical reply as to why it would take longer to load at a higher level as you said you had not experienced that.
Don't be rude about him linking his tutorial. They all go hand-in-hand, and since you didn't know about the extended loading he was just trying to be nice and link you to some additional information.
~SpaceBass~

SSSTONERRR
12-20-2011, 02:20 AM
put it this way, if you keep your level below 5,000,000 you still have 20,000,019 skill points you can place (while hex editing) and you will have about a 15-20 second load

wallace
12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
hey can some1 tell me if this is right plz, n i was gettin sick of read the old pic its to small

SSSTONERRR
12-24-2011, 12:14 AM
hey can some1 tell me if this is right plz, n i was gettin sick of read the old pic its to small

Just download Idlehands88's picture... and as far as i can see its right, bu i didn't look extremely close.

Bog x kills
12-24-2011, 03:59 AM
what do all these numbers mean

Idlehands88
12-24-2011, 05:06 AM

Really....???? Those numbers are called Hex values. you need to edit them to edit your save. Look up how to hex edit or how to convert decimal to hex.

SSSTONERRR
12-24-2011, 05:47 AM

Please tell me you are kidding... if you don't know what "those numbers mean" I'd suggest just leaving this section, no offense, because the majority of this section is modding via hex editors.

wallace
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
ok, thx. umm would u no what the codes r 4 weapon size n colour? there the next thing i wanna no how to do

I8AB2Day
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok, so I finally got around to updating myself on reading all posts on this forum that I need to read. Still wondering if modifying the item colors is a bad idea at this point, because Idlehands told me it would turn the weapon black if I messed with it. I at least want to make them glow or something... now that I know that the colors are not actually part of the serial number, I really wanna stop being lazy and start modding stuff myself again.

Remember, I am still willing to answer ANY questions from EVERYBODY that sends me a message on the 360. GT=Shnibadab0bin (that's a zero in there).

what do all these numbers mean Nice weather we been havin', eh?

Idlehands88
12-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, so I finally got around to updating myself on reading all posts on this forum that I need to read. Still wondering if modifying the item colors is a bad idea at this point, because Idlehands told me it would turn the weapon black if I messed with it. I at least want to make them glow or something... now that I know that the colors are not actually part of the serial number, I really wanna stop being lazy and start modding stuff myself again.

Remember, I am still willing to answer ANY questions from EVERYBODY that sends me a message on the 360. GT=Shnibadab0bin (that's a zero in there).

Nice weather we been havin', eh?

If you want the item to glow then you have to mod the Float Values at the end of the item's stats. Those will only make the Item black if you mod them to 00000000. To make them glow just set them to a value higher than 3F800000, the higher you set them the brighter the glow :)

SSSTONERRR
12-24-2011, 10:26 PM
If you want the item to glow then you have to mod the Float Values at the end of the item's stats. Those will only make the Item black if you mod them to 00000000. To make them glow just set them to a value higher than 3F800000, the higher you set them the brighter the glow :)

I found that FF 80 00 00 works trying to make it black/pitch black for characters (weird that such a high value is [pitch] black, but if you look at the game coding it makes complete sense)
But like idlehands88 said that is the glow (brightness) of the weapon

djpatje
12-25-2011, 02:58 AM
does anybody know how to stop items from disapearing tried changing names / stats doesnt work so i guess theres a serial number for the items and if they match they get deleted do u know were to find it and edit it or is the only way to make a new saves and then mod the weapons from there thanks in advance

Idlehands88
12-25-2011, 04:13 AM
does anybody know how to stop items from disapearing tried changing names / stats doesnt work so i guess theres a serial number for the items and if they match they get deleted do u know were to find it and edit it or is the only way to make a new saves and then mod the weapons from there thanks in advance

Look at the picture...

erikomg
12-25-2011, 07:31 AM

Float value? you lost me there ...sry complete blonde naturally

SSSTONERRR
12-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Float value? you lost me there ...sry complete blonde naturally

we are talking about the red, green, and blue of the weapon coloring, they are considered a 'Float Value' (not the regular coloring of the weapons) you could say its more of an overpowering group of colors color (if you need a reference point the colors/ Float Value we are talknig abotu are after the Max Upgrade Level if you are looking at the weapon modding picture)
^I hope that's explained well enough for you to understand^

You need to locate the 'Serial Code' and change it, realize that with the game being out so long there is a chance that other people having the same Serial Code as one (or more) of your items, I'd say just back up your saves once or twice a day, and if something you care about disappears you can just revert (load) a back-up.

NOTE: the new DLC Challenge Weapons WILL disappear after you exit the game, and reload your game save. The DLC items are still glitchy...

djpatje
12-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Look at the picture...

i did and it doesnt show the serial value or im blind and if im so could u show me were it says were the serial value should be thanks in advance

SSSTONERRR
12-26-2011, 07:00 AM
i did and it doesnt show the serial value or im blind and if im so could u show me were it says were the serial value should be thanks in advance

Serial code is right after secondary name, and before maximum upgrade level.... SO YOU ARE BLIND! :bigsmile2:

Raklik
01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
here is a chart that i ended up making last night with char stats that work for modding. Everything is listed from top to bottom in order it goes in while editing to make it even easier for you. Enjoy
squ app monk hunt
ply hlth 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60
ply sped 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply damg 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply castspd 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability 150k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability 250k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50 50k == 00 00 c3 50
twr hlth 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr atkspd 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr damg 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr rang 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 750 == 00 00 02 ee 1000 == 00 00 03 e8
char lvl 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80

edit**why is my spacing not working for my chart but is seperated correctly in the text box?

SSSTONERRR
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
here is a chart that i ended up making last night with char stats that work for modding. Everything is listed from top to bottom in order it goes in while editing to make it even easier for you. Enjoy
---------------------- squ -------------------------- app ----------------------- monk --------------------------- hunt
ply hlth ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ------ 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60 ----- 1.5mil== 00 16 e3 60
ply sped ----- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply damg ---- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ply castspd -- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 150k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
ability ------- 250k == 00 00 c3 50 ------ 50k == 00 00 c3 50 -------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50 ------- 50k == 00 00 c3 50
twr hlth ----- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr atkspd -- 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------ 8000 == 00 00 1f 40 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr damg --- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80
twr rang ---- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 750 == 00 00 02 ee ------ 1000 == 00 00 03 e8
char lvl ----- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------ 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 -------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80 ------- 2 mil == 00 1e 84 80

edit**why is my spacing not working for my chart but is seperated correctly in the text box?

Besides posting this in the wrong thread nice find, there are limitless amounts of combinations of stats you can get to work. But nice find as a simple reference to see the "Limitations" although you could increase the huntress's trap range without any "tower breaking"

Raklik
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
sorry about the mis-post, i just found out about 360haven.com only a couple days ago and started modding since then as well. So since teaching myself how to do so i have multiple tabs up on my browser and accidentally clicked the wrong one, so my apologies again though :). Serious props go out to you Ssstonerrr , idlehands, and godslam for all the help you guys have given me. I was a whiny cry leecher not even a week ago, lmao. Wasn't for you guys i wouldn't be having as much fun as i am now in Dungeon Defenders. I will say this though, this is not easy and it is not simple or takes 2 seconds. Now after doing it a couple days im starting to get quicker at it and starting to recognize certain tidbits of code here and there for what it actually is without having to reference a picture, but when i first started thats exactly what i did. I looked back and forth between pictures, reading and re-reading the tutorials and all of the posts to figure out exactly what it is i wanted to do. There is one area im still fuzy in though, which is actually the correct post for though, lol.

When modding guardians, where is the code located for minnion rate / distance for monk/squ/app/hunt guardians? Also ive been experimenting around with weapon codes for "large" weapons with everything from 3f ff ff ff to 40 80 00 00 and higher, but at the min end its not the size im looking for, and at the high end its invisible due to being so large its out of boundaries. What is a safe "Extremely Large" size code for either pets and also weapons? (specifically looking to do monk / squire so the range is comparible to having ranged attack)

A Rainbow Koopa
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
hey im new to modding do you think you could tell me what code to put under the weapon spread every time i put any code in its -127

Raklik
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
what do you mean by weapon spread? Do you mean weapon damage? additional projectiles? projectile speed? as far as im aware, there is no category for "weapon spread", i could be wrong though.

SSSTONERRR
01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
hey im new to modding do you think you could tell me what code to put under the weapon spread every time i put any code in its -127

your problem as far as i can see is is that you have been putting 00 (-127) is what you have been putting in, for 0 to show up in game you need to put 7F, the games default # is 127 which is 7F in hex value

"FF" (255) if the maximum you can make your stats increase (not damage, clip size, projectile speed, size, swing speed, range damage, and additional damage) although since teh games default # is 127 the in game value will read 128, not 255

ken viserl
01-21-2012, 05:33 PM
sorry about being an idiot but i've found out how to do anything except make it so that apprentice staffs do a very big explosion when you hit LT can any one help me out (sorry about my awful punctuation skills this was kinda made in a rush)

SSSTONERRR
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
sorry about being an idiot but i've found out how to do anything except make it so that apprentice staffs do a very big explosion when you hit LT can any one help me out (sorry about my awful punctuation skills this was kinda made in a rush)

the LT for the apprentice is "knock-back" so find it in the hex string and increase it, its as simple as that. (sorry for being quite vague, but I'm running off of about 3hrs of sleep over the last 48hrs... And its starting to get to me)

HxCCody
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I seem to be having trouble modding even the simplest of items... Further explanation:
I find a weapon I want to mod, something that looks pretty cool.
I find a crossbow for my huntress. It's level one.
I equip it, then quit and transfer my save to my USB drive.
Plug in, extract file to C:\Saves, open with Horizon, extract DunDefHeroes, open command prompt, and decompress.
Open with Hex Workshop.

Now here is where i seem to be having trouble. Before, I thought I found the item, looked for the "01 02 03" string, found it, and started modding accordingly. Once I was finished, I saved, compressed, replaced the file, rehashed and resigned, and then re-saved to my USB. Loaded up the game, and nothing had changed. So I figured I modded the wrong weapon. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that you can assure you get the right weapon by upgrading it to max level and renaming it. So I did just that. Did everything exactly as before, and then searched for the weapon in Hex Workshop, and I found it. Here's what is going wrong. After I locate my newly renamed weapon, I can't find the "01 02 03" string. It's just not there.

So I still tried to work around it, by making an educated guess. I looked at the strings for other items, and saw they started like this "00 01 00 01 02 03", with the first number sometimes being random. But in MY case it's "00 01 00 00 00 00". So I figured the last 3 bytes MUST be what I'm looking for. Guess I was wrong.

I know it's only my first post, but I'd be grateful for any help.

abrandnewday
01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
No offense, but this tutorial doesn't work at all for me.

And yes, I've followed the steps properly. I know what I'm doing when it comes to modding games.

I've modified the values of my Huntress's gun. I set the ranged damage value to "77 35 94 00", which is apparently supposed to make the damage go into the billions. I set the tower stats and hero stats and such to "FF". I did everything properly, but ingame nothing appears to have been modified. The gun still does the same crap amount of damage it did before modding.

I've been doing the process for an hour now, and so far, only an armor piece which I had equipped on my (now deleted) Squire got somehow modded. A handful of stats got boosted to give +131 (I think it said 131) bonuses, which in the end allowed me to sell the armor for over 7 million mana.

Other than that, no major changes whatsoever.

Would someone care to post a level 1 huntress save with a hugely modified (in damage) gun, and (in defense) armor, so I can finally move onto getting the achievements in this game, instead of wasting my time trying to make this modding stick like it should?

Raklik
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?9651-Dungeon-Defenders-item-and-charecter-modding-**complete**&highlight=dungeon+defenders
thats the complete tutorial

as for huntress you DO NOT need to set "RANGED DAMAGE", huntress gun damage is equivalent to everyone elses as well, so it should go something like this
01 02 03 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff "00 ff fd fe" the bolded part is the actual damage on the huntress gun. The only charecter that has ranged damage that you need to worry about is the Monk class. also use code " 00 ff fd fe" for the code for damage as that hits the max output for damage allowed instead of the 77 xx xx xx number.

abrandnewday
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?9651-Dungeon-Defenders-item-and-charecter-modding-**complete**&highlight=dungeon+defenders
thats the complete tutorial

as for huntress you DO NOT need to set "RANGED DAMAGE", huntress gun damage is equivalent to everyone elses as well, so it should go something like this
01 02 03 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff "00 ff fd fe" the bolded part is the actual damage on the huntress gun. The only charecter that has ranged damage that you need to worry about is the Monk class. also use code " 00 ff fd fe" for the code for damage as that hits the max output for damage allowed instead of the 77 xx xx xx number.

Ahh. I shall try that damage code out. Still have no clue why the first few stats (hero stats, tower stats) applied themselves properly on my Squire's armor....but not on my Huntress' weapon. Maybe it has to do with that invalid damage value i was using?

Raklik
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
very very good possibility of the invalid damage. The thing with hex-editing as I'm sure you know though, is it is EXTREMELY finicky. One mistake can screw over ALL the work you just did. Same thing as with modding charecters, if you use more skill points then the level you place more skill points then you physically have, the game bugs out and makes you level 0 again. Sooo very good possibility that with your weapon that everything else bugs out due to your weapon damage code. Use the code 00 FF FD FE code for all damage output / elemental damage / ranged damage (FOR MONK ONLY)

SSSTONERRR
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM
the highest damage i have found to work (with about making it go negative) is 7F 7F 7F 7F, you hit max with Base damage, as well as ranged, but not max with ANY elemental, but its still a 1 hit
:yeah:

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Ok, so I just tried a simple mod.

I changed the base damage value of my crossbow to "00 00 00 FF", which would be 255.

Did everything properly, loaded the save up ingame....nothing.

It's almost like weapon modding doesn't work on XBOX 360 anymore.

I'm about ready to post my save file and see if someone can mod me in an uber fast, huge clip, huge damage machine gun (the one like the Heavy in TF2 has), and a set of uber armor I can wear).

Cause this is pissing me off to no end.

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry for double posting, but here's my DunDefHeroes.dun file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tc5nmtjxal6ou2z

I've been continuously trying to mod this bloody thing all day with no success whatsoever.

Basically, if someone here could mod my weapon (equipped, or the one in my item box, the machine gun looking thing) to make it rapid-firing, huge-damage dealing, and quick reloading, as well as pitch black in color (yes, pitch black like the glitchy pitch black), that'd be sweet.

And if possible, buff the armor up as much as possible.

As for anything else, don't worry about it. All I need is the weapon/armor modded so I can rampage my way through this game and get achievements.

Thanks!

A Rainbow Koopa
01-23-2012, 03:23 AM
hey man try having 1 item in your inventory before it that item and then another and all you have to do is look to the right where one items data is saved start at the first dot it should be XX 01 00 01 02 03 the xx is random most times

A Rainbow Koopa
01-23-2012, 03:25 AM
modding still works on 360 abrandnewday you just have to be missing a step i've been modding stuff for friends all day only thing i'm having any trouble with is custom colors like i can do the solid colors where bars are full or empty but anything else im dumbfounded

Skullkeeper
01-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Sorry for double posting, but here's my DunDefHeroes.dun file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tc5nmtjxal6ou2z

I've been continuously trying to mod this bloody thing all day with no success whatsoever.

Basically, if someone here could mod my weapon (equipped, or the one in my item box, the machine gun looking thing) to make it rapid-firing, huge-damage dealing, and quick reloading, as well as pitch black in color (yes, pitch black like the glitchy pitch black), that'd be sweet.

And if possible, buff the armor up as much as possible.

As for anything else, don't worry about it. All I need is the weapon/armor modded so I can rampage my way through this game and get achievements.

Thanks!

Here you go. I didn't edit colors like you wanted just edited the armor and weapons. Maybe you will use this to compare to your original save to see what needs to be modded.

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Here you go. I didn't edit colors like you wanted just edited the armor and weapons. Maybe you will use this to compare to your original save to see what needs to be modded.

Just tried it, no modded stuff whatsoever.

I put the .dun file on my desktop, opened up my XBOX HDD in Modio, navigated to my DunDefSave file, injected the .dun file over the existing .dun file.

Rehashed, resigned, loaded the game. Nothing. Still hitting 94 damage with my bow and the chaingun in my item box is still crap.

What now?

modding still works on 360 abrandnewday you just have to be missing a step i've been modding stuff for friends all day only thing i'm having any trouble with is custom colors like i can do the solid colors where bars are full or empty but anything else im dumbfounded
Sorry, but I know what I'm doing. I'm the first person to figure out how to properly mod Gamerbots: Third Robot Shooting saves. I've been promising some people on Se7ensins a tutorial, but I haven't gotten around to writing it up yet (believe me, that game is finnicky to mod and will reset your save if you screw it up).

I've followed the guide to a tee. As I said above, I inject the rebuilt .dun file (after renaming it to remove the .rebuilt part) over top of the original .dun file. No changes ever stick.

Skullkeeper
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Post your whole save, not the extracted .dun file and I will mod that for you. Or you can give me your gamertag and hand me the items on live. Modded hundreds of weapons so far no complaints.

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Post your whole save, not the extracted .dun file and I will mod that for you. Or you can give me your gamertag and hand me the items on live. Modded hundreds of weapons so far no complaints.

PMed you, bro.

Idlehands88
01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I've followed the guide to a tee. As I said above, I inject the rebuilt .dun file (after renaming it to remove the .rebuilt part) over top of the original .dun file. No changes ever stick.

You don't need to rename the file... I have never renamed the .rebuilt file and I haven't had any problems...

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 02:42 PM
You don't need to rename the file... I have never renamed the .rebuilt file and I haven't had any problems...

Maybe it's because I'm removing the ".rebuilt" part?

I passed my items off to Skullkeeper and got them back AWESOME. Just beat all the Area 1 levels in Insane. Onwards to Area 2. I just sit on top of the Eternia Crystal, rotate and hold the fire button.

I'm still stumped as to why when I make the smallest of modifications (such as the damage of a weapon), it doesn't apply at all.

I should probably mention that I'm using the HxD hex editor to make modifications, and also not using a hash block calculator. Should I be using a hash block calculator?

Skullkeeper
01-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Maybe it's because I'm removing the ".rebuilt" part?

I passed my items off to Skullkeeper and got them back AWESOME. Just beat all the Area 1 levels in Insane. Onwards to Area 2. I just sit on top of the Eternia Crystal, rotate and hold the fire button.

I'm still stumped as to why when I make the smallest of modifications (such as the damage of a weapon), it doesn't apply at all.

I should probably mention that I'm using the HxD hex editor to make modifications, and also not using a hash block calculator. Should I be using a hash block calculator?

It doesn't matter what hex editor you use as long as you are editing the correct values. Personally I use hash block calculator to rehash/resign most of my files. I use Lefluffie to extract/inject from container file. I don't like modio. I use Horizon only when necessary.

Process I use from many tutorials listed on here.
Get save from device
Extract DunDefHeroes.dun from container using lefluffie
Decompress Dundefheroes.dun
Edit Decompressed file
Compress back into Dundefheroes.dun
Inject Dundefheroes.dun back into container using lefluffie
Rehash/Resign using hash block calculator
Put save back on device and load

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
It doesn't matter what hex editor you use as long as you are editing the correct values. Personally I use hash block calculator to rehash/resign most of my files. I use Lefluffie to extract/inject from container file. I don't like modio. I use Horizon only when necessary.

Process I use from many tutorials listed on here.
Get save from device
Extract DunDefHeroes.dun from container using lefluffie
Decompress Dundefheroes.dun
Edit Decompressed file
Compress back into Dundefheroes.dun
Inject Dundefheroes.dun back into container using lefluffie
Rehash/Resign using hash block calculator
Put save back on device and load

I don't use Lefluffie because of the furry images.

But I do rehash/resign with Modio. It's worked for me in the past, but due to prior issues, I usually click the Reshash/Resign button anywhere from 3-7 times, just to make sure.

Idlehands88
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't use Lefluffie because of the furry images.

But I do rehash/resign with Modio. It's worked for me in the past, but due to prior issues, I usually click the Reshash/Resign button anywhere from 3-7 times, just to make sure.

Don't be hating on the furries! LOL

abrandnewday
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't be hating on the furries! LOL

Lol, but seriously. I've followed that guide to a tee, and nothings worked.

I've given up for now, as I have to work tonight, but I'll keep trying later.

Just found out that Area 2 starts out with 2 crystals to defend, so I need to make some shit for a Squire that'll boost the HP/Damage output of his barriers, and hopefully figure out a way to mod his mana from the get-go so I can place as many barriers as I need.

Raklik
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
unfortunately you can't mod mana as far as i'm aware

Idlehands88
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM
unfortunately you can't mod mana as far as i'm aware

You can mod the amount of mana you have available in a mission by changing your level (the higher your level, the more mana you have). But modding your mana bank past the 15mil cap isn't possible, the game resets it back to 15mil if it sees that it's past 15mil.

Noctis Caelum
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
i still have yet to play this game i might have to give it a try

Raklik
01-23-2012, 09:13 PM
its a fun game more-so due to co-op imo at least, solo play sucks after first play through. re-play value is higher on co-op and almost nonexistent in solo unless you are a achievement whore, lol.

ihatedogs01901
01-23-2012, 10:44 PM
can someone give me a modded staff? i'm not very good at this and i just want to farm some blasticus. send me a msg on xbl please xT Puppy Punter

bepabr
01-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi erm i know how to mod everything but i just cant seem to mod the size of my genie and chicken they just become invisable but i can mod my hawk bif and the code i used for that is 40 80 00 00 however when i try to do this to my chicken and my genie they just become invisable so i was wondering if you know a code that will make them very big but not invisable or how i can get a code like this ?

thanks in advance

Gibn
01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Hello , i was wondering if there is a way to duplicate armor sets (ex. change the serial code) a lot of people already know that when 2 of the same items join into the same game the hosts stay and the joiner looses the item. is there a way to stop this?

SSSTONERRR
01-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Hello , i was wondering if there is a way to duplicate armor sets (ex. change the serial code) a lot of people already know that when 2 of the same items join into the same game the hosts stay and the joiner looses the item. is there a way to stop this?

Only by changing the weapon serial code.

abrandnewday
01-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Ok, here's my save. I just tried modding some stuff earlier, via copying the hex edited parts of the armor that Skullkeeper modded for me, and pasting the modded part onto each of the named armors (there should be like 4 or 5 armors named "Awesome", those are what I'm trying to mod).

Followed every step properly, didn't remove the ".rebuilt" part of the filename, loaded the save up.....nothing was modded.

The already modded armor looks like this:

00 01 00 01 02 03 FE FE FE FE 7F FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE 00 00 00 00 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 3F 80 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 03 0B 00 00 42 BC 2E 80 0C 76 B6 10 00 00 00 01 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 38 44 75 6E 44 65 66 45 71 75 69 70 6D 65 6E 74 2E 45 71 75 69 70 6D 65 6E 74 47 65 6E 65 72 69 63 2E 42 6F 6F 74 73 41 72 6D 6F 72 42 61 73 65 5F 4C 65 61 74 68 65 72

And here's the text equivalent of the above code:

......þþþþ.þþþþþþþþþþ..............? €..?€.........................B¼.€.v¶........... ...........................?€..............?€..... . ..... ........8DunDefEquipment.EquipmentGeneric.BootsArm orBase_Leather

So what I tried doing was copying and pasting "00 01 00 01 02 03 FE FE FE FE 7F FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE" onto each of the "Awesome" named armors. It didn't stick.

So yeah, could someone mod the "Awesome" armors to be like similar to the above modded armor (except make any modifications so that it's for a Squire) and the sword (DunDefEquipment.EquipmentSquire.BroadswordStyle1) to be similar in stats/gigantic size when equipped to the crossbow (except without the Huntress-related stats)

Noctis Caelum
01-28-2012, 12:35 AM
damn u guys r really into this game...i know ya'll cant wait until cybersam releases his save editor...

abrandnewday
01-28-2012, 12:42 AM
damn u guys r really into this game...i know ya'll cant wait until cybersam releases his save editor...

Hell, if this save editor will actually work for me and actually mod my stuff, then yeah, I can't wait.

Quoting so this can be seen:

Ok, here's my save. I just tried modding some stuff earlier, via copying the hex edited parts of the armor that Skullkeeper modded for me, and pasting the modded part onto each of the named armors (there should be like 4 or 5 armors named "Awesome", those are what I'm trying to mod).

Followed every step properly, didn't remove the ".rebuilt" part of the filename, loaded the save up.....nothing was modded.

The already modded armor looks like this:

00 01 00 01 02 03 FE FE FE FE 7F FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE 00 00 00 00 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 3F 80 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 03 0B 00 00 42 BC 2E 80 0C 76 B6 10 00 00 00 01 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 38 44 75 6E 44 65 66 45 71 75 69 70 6D 65 6E 74 2E 45 71 75 69 70 6D 65 6E 74 47 65 6E 65 72 69 63 2E 42 6F 6F 74 73 41 72 6D 6F 72 42 61 73 65 5F 4C 65 61 74 68 65 72

And here's the text equivalent of the above code:

......þþþþ.þþþþþþþþþþ..............? €..?€.........................B¼.€.v¶........... ...........................?€..............?€..... . ..... ........8DunDefEquipment.EquipmentGeneric.BootsArm orBase_Leather

So what I tried doing was copying and pasting "00 01 00 01 02 03 FE FE FE FE 7F FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE FE" onto each of the "Awesome" named armors. It didn't stick.

So yeah, could someone mod the "Awesome" armors to be like similar to the above modded armor (except make any modifications so that it's for a Squire) and the sword (DunDefEquipment.EquipmentSquire.BroadswordStyle1) to be similar in stats/gigantic size when equipped to the crossbow (except without the Huntress-related stats)

SSSTONERRR
01-28-2012, 07:52 AM

Sadly I don't see why a save editor is needed for this game, its like modding any other game, and the tutorials out spell it out. But eh i guess cybersam's sig is true lol

@abrandnewday- I'll help you mod your game save, but refuse to do it for you. (Personal choice, sorry)

abrandnewday
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
@abrandnewday- I'll help you mod your game save, but refuse to do it for you. (Personal choice, sorry)

What do you mean by "help" me mod it? I don't need a step by step walkthrough.

Believe me, I know how to mod. The fact of the matter is, no matter how many times I mod my save and follow that guide to a tee, the modding never sticks.

I don't know if it's because of the Backup save, but I've tried deleting the backup save before loading the modded save; that didn't work.

I haven't tried using a hash block calculator yet mainly because I know it can only be used on an actual save, not the extracted .DUN file (believe me, I've tried).

So yeah, your personal choice is fine and dandy for you, but if all you're offering is to "hold my hand", thanks but no thanks.

I don't need "help" modding it. I'm not some newbie retard. I know how to mod Gamerbots: Third Robot Shooting (not only ingame cash modding, but modding weapon stats. You give it a try and see how many times the game resets your save completely due to improper modding, it's harder than it looks to mod Gamerbots saves).

I'm still working on a proper tutorial for Se7ensins on how to mod Gamerbots.

SSSTONERRR
01-29-2012, 12:20 AM
What do you mean by "help" me mod it? I don't need a step by step walkthrough.

Believe me, I know how to mod. The fact of the matter is, no matter how many times I mod my save and follow that guide to a tee, the modding never sticks.

I don't know if it's because of the Backup save, but I've tried deleting the backup save before loading the modded save; that didn't work.

I haven't tried using a hash block calculator yet mainly because I know it can only be used on an actual save, not the extracted .DUN file (believe me, I've tried).

So yeah, your personal choice is fine and dandy for you, but if all you're offering is to "hold my hand", thanks but no thanks.

I don't need "help" modding it. I'm not some newbie retard. I know how to mod Gamerbots: Third Robot Shooting (not only ingame cash modding, but modding weapon stats. You give it a try and see how many times the game resets your save completely due to improper modding, it's harder than it looks to mod Gamerbots saves).

I'm still working on a proper tutorial for Se7ensins on how to mod Gamerbots.
If your as "advanced" as you say you shouldn't have a hard time with Dungeon Defenders... So why do you want some one else to do it?

I have little to no respect for Se7ensins, so that doesn't help.

abrandnewday
02-03-2012, 11:24 PM
If your as "advanced" as you say you shouldn't have a hard time with Dungeon Defenders... So why do you want some one else to do it?
Because I've followed this guide and the one on Se7ensins to a tee. I've even tried copying and pasting one little value from a modded weapon (first value 7F changed to FE) and putting it onto a non-modded weapon. (And I'm using HxD Hex Editor) Nothing ever sticks for me and it's pissing me off.

I've had an easier time modding Survival Mode in MW3 to give me God Mode without needing a JTAG.

I have little to no respect for Se7ensins, so that doesn't help.
The only explanation for this highly unnecessary remark that I can come up with, is that you were nothing but a leecher on Se7ensins and got banned for doing something stupid.

rylo
02-09-2012, 11:27 PM
First off I have to say thank you to everyone that put time in effort into making the TUTs for this game. If you actually read through them, a little trial and error, there should be no problem.The thing I am having trouble with is how to changing the secondary name of the weapon. I know the codes for switching text to hex, but every time I do I end up with a corrupted save. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
This is the code I'm trying to put as the secondary name of the weapon 47 69 66 74 65 64 4D 6F 64 73

dj201123
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM
i got a question on how to get more stuff dropped in tavern and how to get more pages in your item box

Gorth
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
i need help to get started i have Horizen hex workshop and i have the saves on my computer what do i do next?

Gorth
03-04-2012, 04:50 AM
can u help me i cant seem to not get a corrupted game save

Strykewulf
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know why all the stats don't show up on the modded items? my max stats are reflected in my hero panel, but when I look at individual armor pieces or weapons, it only shows 8 of the twelve stats for that piece. three row info panel, first 8 spots filled with max stat stuff, but the bottom row is empty. It doesn't matter because the stats are there, just wondering if anyone knows why they don't appear or how to make them appear?

tootlo
03-20-2012, 01:07 AM
The armor or weapon can only show 8 of the 12 stats at a time

Purpleskuux
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
does anyone know what the code is to change the speed of your weapon? is it like ff for all of them?

tootlo
03-22-2012, 11:22 PM
the code for attack speed is after the size code and I use 40 80 00 00

Santa
03-23-2012, 08:30 PM
This doesn't give you a tutorial at all , but thank you much .

Reiseconner
04-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Have to say and give it up.. the picture gave Me a better insight on where everything is. I'll admit though sometimes I get lost lol when I skip certain bytes.

xkrugerx
04-08-2012, 04:37 AM
when i open enternia crystal i run it then i try to open my flash drive to get my save and then my dundefsave isnt there help please :/

XajNyne
04-08-2012, 05:11 AM
This doesn't give you a tutorial at all , but thank you much .

How does this NOT give a tutorial? It's is very clear and easy to follow. If you can do better I'd love to see yours.

reject0511
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Great tutorial to mod your gear in dungeon defenders, my friends and I are very pleased with your work.

Serious_M
08-02-2012, 08:22 AM
nice tut shared Idle

CloudStrife7x
08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
kinda late post but great tutorial Idle :)

thegutta
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Awesome tut share Idle :)