PDA

View Full Version : Sony Dropping PSN Game Share Limit

BrayWyatt
11-05-2011, 01:42 AM
www.ps3.qj.net

Sony just announced that the PSN share limit is changing from five devices to two as of November 18th. Any content purchased on or after that date will only be available for sharing across two devices, a stark change from the previous policy. You’ll still be able to play two PSPs and two PS3’s, bringing the potential total to four, but that’s only for games that can operate on both systems. Otherwise, you’re stuck with just the two.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/jasonvoorhees987/mfpsn2.jpg

To clarify: PSN games downloaded after November 18th can be shared to two PS3 systems and two PSPs, down from the original number of five. Sony is also adding a web tool that finally allows you to deactivate your account from old systems, saving you the hassle of a long customer support call in the event that your PS3 fails and you need to recover your games on a new console.

Game sharing was always one of the more interesting things that PSN brought to the table, allowing you to “bring” games to your friend’s house or share them with a family member’s account when you were home for the holidays. While reports of abuse certainly came up, most gamers probably used the system exactly as intended.

Paring down the total number of systems probably won’t impact too many people, but it’s still a strange thing to do so far into the development cycle. The comments section of the PlayStation blog shows a pretty clear resistance to the idea, so we’ll just have to see how it plays out.

What do you think of the new reduced sharing limit?

CloudStrife7x
11-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Very good information shared Sterling, good to know ahead of time that they are doing this. Know on how i feel about it, i think it is stupid that they r reducing the number, even though i dont have five devices anyways XD. I would still like the option to share across those devices if i had them lol. Like you said we just have to wait to see how it goes.