PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor by Renegade & Sephiroth

Pages : [1] 2

Renegade
01-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Well i figured this would be easier than a lot of people hex editing the Bigfile (file?) lol cwutididthar?.

Updated the application, It will now Edit both Disk 1 & Disk 2 Bigfiles.

http://gyazo.com/773d9810c80177189724ca282cdc4237.png
http://gyazo.com/29d847bc224e9fab4ef3dba2215d4fcd.png

I'd like to thank Sephiroth for helping provide the offsets and designing a sexy new GUI <3

Note - This will only work with editing the Disk files, This is NOT a SAVE EDITOR!

This update includes -
- The ability to edit more features within the Bigfiles.
- More weapons added to the app, However only the Plasma Cutter is functional, We will release regular updates in the next few days as well as attempting new findings to add to the application.
- Edits Both Bigfile0's (Disk 1 and 2)
- Super special awesome re-vamped GUI

Update 2.6
- Added support for the Italian and German version of the game.
- Added Pulse Rifle, Line Gun and Plasma Cutter Extra's.
- Fixed some bugs that occured, such as super short range kinesis :P

Update 2.7
- Added all weapons to the appropriate tabs and added their modded features
- Fixed some bugs you guys were experiencing.

Update 3.0
- Added support for the PS3 PAL version of the game.

Update 3.1
-Added support for the PS3 NTSC version of the game.

This is most likely the LAST update we will be doing, Nothing major will be added to the tool now, We have had a good 3 days of coding and testing for the game and tool, and hope that it brings joy to the modding community. We're done.

Sephiroth's Max Ammo Method.

- So as you know, When you use the tool to Max the Ammo of the weapon, it will appear as default, So basically go and sell your weapon at the store, and purchase it again and it will have Max Ammo.
- You see guys? Don't waste credits on buying ammo for the gun, sell the damn thing and re-buy voila! H4x.

Invincibility Method -
- When you use the tool for infinite health, It will show your HP as red, You will need to go and get a new suit for this effect to take place.

Credit Farming Method
- When you obtain the Detonator weapon, You can place a mine, and then disarm it, and sell it at the store for 200 credits.

So..

99 Mines x 200 credits = 19800 credits
Now you can sell the weapon and get 4000 credits, Rinse and repeat.
5 Minutes of work is equal to 23800.

Power node glitch
- The Save Station in the is located on Chapter 14 after the anti-gravity section. Shortly after sticking your eye with needle, you'll be chased by the necromorph that doesn't die. You'll eventually reach the anti-gravity section. After you pass the anti gravity section, you go through two doors and on your right will be a door requiring a power node for access. This is room that replenishing the items. You'll find the Save Station two more doors if you head left from that T intersection.

Steps (read description above to locate starting point):
1. Unlock the door with a power node. Title above door: 6: Secure Storage, Power Node Access Only
2. Advance through two more doors to reach a Store, Bench, and Save Station.
3. Save at Save Station after the anti-gravity section on Chapter 14.
4. Reload the save point by quitting to main menu
5. Back track to the anti-gravity area (most of time you can go directly to the room). Once you get back to the anti-gravity area, go back through the last two doors and go into the room on your right. This is the room that required a power node to open. Inside this room is where I find either 2 power nodes, 1 ruby semiconductor, and/or 3k credit.
6. Go back to Save Station and save the game.
7. Repeat steps 4-6

NOTE: if you start finding only credits in the room, try going all the way back to the switch in the antigravity area, then go to the room. Doing this has reset the 2 power nodes for me.
Credit goes to - jpric18

Here is a video of the glitch in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1-nH7pA7g&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy

DOWNLOAD (http://gamesave.hdhost.in:81/download.php?file=825DeadSpace2BigfileEditor.rar) from free file hosting site.

aubrey76
01-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks, you put this out pretty fast. I modded the other weapons such as the Line Weapon. you can make the shots stretch all the way across the screen when you fire it. I think I changed the vaule to "999" or "99". I will check when I get home if you want the info. Nice tool

Update: In your "about" section, you are talking about Sonic Unleashed, just a heads up

Renegade
01-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks, you put this out pretty fast. I modded the other weapons such as the Line Weapon. you can make the shots stretch all the way across the screen when you fire it. I think I changed the vaule to "999" or "99". I will check when I get home if you want the info. Nice toolThis is just a start, Let's just say me and Sephy are gonna have a loooong day tomorrow :P

Update: In your "about" section, you are talking about Sonic Unleashed, just a heads upLMAO, Yeah just copied the about section from my SU Source, Too lazy to type it all out again haha, Will have it removed by tomorrow...lol wutafailureiam XD

blacksnight
01-27-2011, 02:46 AM
sorry for the nob question but how do u extract the Bigfile ????

Renegade
01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
sorry for the nob question but how do u extract the Bigfile ????By using one of the many ISO extraction tools. You will need the ISO of the game in order to modify this file.

Sephiroth
01-27-2011, 02:55 AM
i used con manager 1.4

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 03:00 AM
your a god amongst men there dude thanks for the program :D

aubrey76
01-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Have you been able to locate the "Credits" or "Nodes" offsets yet.... After modding all the weapons and shit, I gave up on looking for the night, I will get back to it tomorrow

Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Have you been able to locate the "Credits" or "Nodes" offsets yet.... After modding all the weapons and shit, I gave up on looking for the night, I will get back to it tomorrowWill search tomorrow.

jkipp82
01-27-2011, 04:04 AM
im glad at this release but will this affect the verification of the game through abgx?

EmuBoarding
01-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Thx, im try! =)

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
hope to see a save editor soon.

qnu7days
01-27-2011, 04:27 AM
hope to see a save editor soon.
i hope it will be release b4 i start hardcore it would make that easier.

jkipp82
01-27-2011, 04:29 AM
if you just edit the bigfile you can play hardcore and have inf health yea i know that its really hardcore cheating but hey its something.

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
not everybody has a jtag 360. :) unless you can do that in the save somehow. like the CoD games. i have yet to start the 360 version. ive already beat the ps3 version. if anybody wants to check out the save (ps3) for it. just pm me for it.

superthug
01-27-2011, 05:02 AM
so this Bigfile Editor only works if you have a Jtag xbox360?

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 05:20 AM
nope you can use it with a flashed 360 as well just xtract he bigfile.0 using x360 and mod what u want and repleace and burn using verbatim dl +r works a treat :D

blacksnight
01-27-2011, 05:51 AM
anyone know where i can find a ISO extraction tools to extract the Bigfile.?

kratos
01-27-2011, 06:00 AM
you don't have to extract the bigfile, you only need to extract the iso file.

if you do mod it to play on flashed 360, it will work but abgx won't verify it. I know that cause I have done it with dantes inferno.

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 06:08 AM
can the game save be hexed to get credits/nodes?

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 06:30 AM

if you do mod it to play on flashed 360, it will work but abgx won't verify it. I know that cause I have done it with dantes inferno.

yeah but the campaign can be played offline though for peeps who can"t afford a jtagg yet :)

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 06:43 AM
when i do start the game. do you think that you could do it for me? and, i could also send you my ps3 save as well.

iggy123
01-27-2011, 07:29 AM
thanks iv been tryin to mees around wit the tool with no luck ill try this out

buster12
01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Renegade & sephiroth thanks
Will you be working on a fix for the save game file? can it be done?

Would be nice if someone made a TUT using
ISO Extraction of file
editing and then re creating ISO
Just a thought

Great work

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 09:05 AM
well you ll need wx360 or other methods to open your iso

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9954/ferk.png

and it should look like this :)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4628/ferk2.png

then after you finish right click on bigfile0.viv and replace

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7949/ferk3.png

not the best tut but i hope it helps :)

Insane JIC
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
So this app will only work on Jtags right?

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 09:29 AM
nope it ll work on flashed 360"s as well there dude

lovexbox
01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
nice work guys!
with some "Credits" and "Nodes" would be even better.

Creeative316
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
nice work guys!
with some "Credits" and "Nodes" would be even better.

that ll be pretty awsome credits and nodes maxed out :)

madasahat
01-27-2011, 11:09 AM
not everybody has a jtag 360. :) unless you can do that in the save somehow. like the CoD games. i have yet to start the 360 version. ive already beat the ps3 version. if anybody wants to check out the save (ps3) for it. just pm me for it.

wow really? :-r
U dont need a jtag this is an ISO mod ffs, I have burnt the mods and abgx still varifies this game, I was playing with multiplayer mods :) this is just like the iso mod for dantes inferno

madasahat
01-27-2011, 11:14 AM

WRONG! the bigfile0.viv is extracted from the ISO so what are you on about, ABGX DOES verify the game as I have done it, Dantes Inferno also ran through abgx and I played with my console online

Renegade
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Can someone who has the PS3 version and a jailbroken console, Private message me your AIM/MSN, I would like to add PS3 support to the app.

Ninja Twin
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the app. Would be nice to have one for DS1 as well if not much trouble.

Renegade
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
If it's the same kinda thing with the DS1 files then sure once i finish this one I'll get right on the other.

buster12
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
thegame thanks the quick TUT

Just hope Renegade & sephiroth may crack it to enable the save game hex edit to work, would be more fun with credits and nodes

Renegade
01-27-2011, 02:32 PM
thegame thanks the quick TUT

Just hope Renegade & sephiroth may crack it to enable the save game hex edit to work, would be more fun with credits and nodesWe are gonna search the Bigfile a lot more today for credits/nodes, If we do indeed find some things, I'll be sure to make a gamesave with everything at the start of game for people to play through (call it a temporary solution until the hash method is fixed).

bigcol
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
So let me get this straight, you need to use this tool on the actaul game iso before you burn it to a dual layer? Sorry if that sounds like stupid question guys. Thanks

buster12
01-27-2011, 03:22 PM
So let me get this straight, you need to use this tool on the actaul game iso before you burn it to a dual layer? Sorry if that sounds like stupid question guys. Thanks

Hi bigcol yes this is the ISO mod for disk 1

Renegade & sephiroth are working the programme to alter disk 2 and hopefull we may get a hexed savegame file soon with cash & nodes

Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
So let me get this straight, you need to use this tool on the actaul game iso before you burn it to a dual layer? Sorry if that sounds like stupid question guys. ThanksWhat you wanna do is, Have the DS2 ISO on your computer, Then use any ISO Browser tool, I prefer Xbox Image Browser, Open the ISO, extract the Bigfile0.viv from Disk 1 ISO, and then simply open it up in my tool, Check off which mods you would like to apply, hit save, Replace the Bigfile0.viv to the ISO using the ISO Browser, and then burn, and M4d H4x0rz

bigcol
01-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi bigcol yes this is the ISO mod for disk 1

Renegade & sephiroth are working the programme to alter disk 2 and hopefull we may get a hexed savegame file soon with cash & nodes

Thanks buster12.

bigcol
01-27-2011, 03:29 PM
What you wanna do is, Have the DS2 ISO on your computer, Then use any ISO Browser tool, I prefer Xbox Image Browser, Open the ISO, extract the Bigfile0.viv from Disk 1 ISO, and then simply open it up in my tool, Check off which mods you would like to apply, hit save, Replace the Bigfile0.viv to the ISO using the ISO Browser, and then burn, and M4d H4x0rz

Renegade, I knew you would would come up trumps with this game. Surely if you use this on disc 1, you save your progress, so surely this would carry on to disc 2 as you would have saved your progress? Maybe not the inf health but surely maxed out stats on the weapons?

Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Renegade, I knew you would would come up trumps with this game. Surely if you use this on disc 1, you save your progress, so surely this would carry on to disc 2 as you would have saved your progress? Maybe not the inf health but surely maxed out stats on the weapons?*shrugs* I only just got my copy of DS2 in the mail today, But i no longer have a JTAG, so it's hard for me to check it out, If someone that has reached disk 2 and applied mods to their Bigfile can confirm Bigcol's question it would be great, However, I will still add support for the second disk anyways.

bigcol
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
*shrugs* I only just got my copy of DS2 in the mail today, But i no longer have a JTAG, so it's hard for me to check it out, If someone that has reached disk 2 and applied mods to their Bigfile can confirm Bigcol's question it would be great, However, I will still add support for the second disk anyways.

No sign of mine yet but the postman is always late round here. Yeah Ive had this preordered for months. Ive only really played through chapter one. Im going to mess around with the iso, as I want to learn how to do this stuff. What other game ISO's can be modded this way? Ive got over 100 isos are various storage devices.

Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
No sign of mine yet but the postman is always late round here. Yeah Ive had this preordered for months. Ive only really played through chapter one. Im going to mess around with the iso, as I want to learn how to do this stuff. What other game ISO's can be modded this way? Ive got over 100 isos are various storage devices.Quite a lot of them, However at the same time a lot of them have security, So a JTAG is necessary for a lot of ISO file edits, Hence the unsigned code.

and where did you order your DS2? I got mine from shopto.net (always get my games 1-3 days early).

bigcol
01-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Quite a lot of them, However at the same time a lot of them have security, So a JTAG is necessary for a lot of ISO file edits, Hence the unsigned code.

and where did you order your DS2? I got mine from shopto.net (always get my games 1-3 days early).

Ahhhh, the penny drops. I dont have a jtag, Im afraid so I'll probably just stick to the games that I can mod (without security). My DS 2 has arrived. Looks nice ace, I'll leave the sealed for now lol

dave11674
01-27-2011, 03:58 PM
hi renegade

me n my friend over on xploder was playing with the bigfile0.viv

ive used your tool on disc 2 viv file and now when i load up i can only have 1 ammo of my weapons and teh kinesis wont grab anything

any ideas ??

dave

Renegade
01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Okay guys, Sephiroth just got on, and now we are about to update the tool, new GUI, lot's more features :)

hi renegade

me n my friend over on xploder was playing with the bigfile0.viv

ive used your tool on disc 2 viv file and now when i load up i can only have 1 ammo of my weapons and teh kinesis wont grab anything

any ideas ??

daveYou used the tool on Bigfile1? Oh dear, i stated in the main post that there is no support for Disk 2 yet, Me and Sephy are working on it as i post this...I do hope you made a backup of that file, Because the version released up there is...let's say a lazy beta?

bigcol
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I can confirm that Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor by Renegade & Sephiroth works 100%. Brilliant work guys. Maxed out Nodes would be a major plus aswell as credits.

lamesnipes
01-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Very nice tool. Thank you for saving me a load of time.

Renegade
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Very nice tool. Thank you for saving me a load of time.You're welcome my friend :)

shinji200
01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
thanks for the tool, I just have a question Renegade, are you going to fix your first SE? or now it's going to be just ISO mods, anyway, again thanks for this tool :)

Renegade
01-27-2011, 05:29 PM
thanks for the tool, I just have a question Renegade, are you going to fix your first SE? or now it's going to be just ISO mods, anyway, again thanks for this tool :)Yeah we will get around to fixing the first save editor, I assure you it is not forgotten :)

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
wow really? :-r
U dont need a jtag this is an ISO mod ffs, I have burnt the mods and abgx still varifies this game, I was playing with multiplayer mods :) this is just like the iso mod for dantes inferno

i have the 360 slim & its still stock.

xICEMANx117
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah we will get around to fixing the first save editor, I assure you it is not forgotten :)

Cant wait cause i suck at hex and i was wondering about the Nodes

kikok
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
thanks guys very nice tool

dave11674
01-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Okay guys, Sephiroth just got on, and now we are about to update the tool, new GUI, lot's more features :)

You used the tool on Bigfile1? Oh dear, i stated in the main post that there is no support for Disk 2 yet, Me and Sephy are working on it as i post this...I do hope you made a backup of that file, Because the version released up there is...let's say a lazy beta?

ahh i see hehehhe
if im not mistaken you can do this mid game also
i thought you had to edit teh file and start a new game but it seems you can do this mid game.
yes i did use it on cd2 bigfile0.viv lol
ill just re extract it and edit it manually till u make a tool heheh
im on chapter 10 anyways so not far to go
ill use your tool on cd1 and start it on toughest level

thanks again mate

dave

xICEMANx117
01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
yea id like to get the unlimited Power Nodes i hate looking for them all

Ravanofdarkness
01-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice Tool, hopefully i won't see anyone Cheating Online because the Multiplayer is kinda fun and doesen't really need to be ruined by Cheaters/Glitchers/Modders. :)

Renegade
01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Figured i'd give you guys an update, Me and Sephy are close to finishing and releasing the second update of the tool, You will notice some changes immediately.

bigcol
01-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Figured i'd give you guys an update, Me and Sephy are close to finishing and releasing the second update of the tool, You will notice some changes immediately.
Superb, but I wont be able to try it if its released tonight as I have to tear myself away from ds 2 as Im on night shift tonight. Bit of a downer but I'll be looking forward to trying it tomorrow. You guys are pure genius! Thanks goes to Sephiroth aswell.

blacksnight
01-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks goes to renegade and Sephiroth aswell for there work on this tools and many more to come thanks guys.

Renegade
01-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Updated version of the app added to main post :) Enjoy.

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
when will the se be fixed?

Renegade
01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
when will the se be fixed?When someone helps me fix the secondary check (Mojobojo) But he is busy atm.

xICEMANx117
01-27-2011, 11:34 PM
You all found anything with the Nodes or credits

BrayWyatt
01-27-2011, 11:37 PM
When someone helps me fix the secondary check (Mojobojo) But he is busy atm.

no problem :)

Renegade
01-27-2011, 11:39 PM
You all found anything with the Nodes or creditsNot yet. Still looking

Renegade
01-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Fixed small bug, Was writing to the wrong offset, Fixed now :)

Punker
01-28-2011, 02:12 AM
new version of editor looks cool

Ninja Twin
01-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Excellent work guys. Thanks to both of you for the time and effort put into this.

Renegade
01-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Updating 1-2 of the weapon tabs tomorrow. Also the bad news - Doesn't seem like the Credits/Nodes are stored as an edit value in the ISO, So unfortunately you're gonna have to wait until we find out how to fix the second checksum in the save file :(

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 02:35 AM
i must have over looked it but what Bigfile i see bigfile 0 and 1

ferval100
01-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Updating 1-2 of the weapon tabs tomorrow. Also the bad news - Doesn't seem like the Credits/Nodes are stored as an edit value in the ISO, So unfortunately you're gonna have to wait until we find out how to fix the second checksum in the save file :(

Is that the same thing giving you trouble on the save editor?

Renegade
01-28-2011, 03:07 AM
i must have over looked it but what Bigfile i see bigfile 0 and 1It edits both of the Bigfiles now, Bigfile0 (Disk 1) and Bigfile1 (Disk 2)

Is that the same thing giving you trouble on the save editor?Yeah the checksum is the only thing stopping the editor's progression.

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 03:23 AM
It edits both of the Bigfiles now, Bigfile0 (Disk 1) and Bigfile1 (Disk 2)

Yeah the checksum is the only thing stopping the editor's progression.

Yeah on disk one only i have bigfile 0 and 1

Insane JIC
01-28-2011, 03:28 AM
nope it ll work on flashed 360"s as well there dude

Well I'll be damn.

gawl
01-28-2011, 05:56 AM
It edits both of the Bigfiles now, Bigfile0 (Disk 1) and Bigfile1 (Disk 2)

Yeah the checksum is the only thing stopping the editor's progression.

That's... very confusing.

Do you mean bigfile0.viv from disc one and bigfile0.viv from disc two? Because bigfile1.viv doesn't have the weapons data.

hoxlund
01-28-2011, 08:31 AM
bigfile0.viv should be the files from both isos you open up, since when you try bigfile1.viv from both isos nothing happens when you try to open them with the editor

bigcol
01-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Renegade and Sephiroth, brilliant work. So no max credits or Nodes, its not the end of the world. make playing the game more of a challenge. Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

doket
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
is that the infinite health will make me invincible? or it is nearly and still can be die after take damage too much? i never play dead space series before and friend said hardcore mode too hard, i will try modding it and start for hardcore my 1st run... hope i wont shit in my paint...

bigcol
01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
is that the infinite health will make me invincible? or it is nearly and still can be die after take damage too much? i never play dead space series before and friend said hardcore mode too hard, i will try modding it and start for hardcore my 1st run... hope i wont shit in my paint...

Yes, its infinite health. Your health wil be on red and you will limp, you will not get killed or hurt any further BUT when you get your first suit, your health will go up and you will be able to move around properly.

Renegade
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
That's... very confusing.

Do you mean bigfile0.viv from disc one and bigfile0.viv from disc two? Because bigfile1.viv doesn't have the weapons data.I haven't looked at the actual DISK ISO's, I have just been basing stuff off on what i've gathered here, So yes it will be BF0 on each disk.

bigfile0.viv should be the files from both isos you open up, since when you try bigfile1.viv from both isos nothing happens when you try to open them with the editorYes.

is that the infinite health will make me invincible? or it is nearly and still can be die after take damage too much? i never play dead space series before and friend said hardcore mode too hard, i will try modding it and start for hardcore my 1st run... hope i wont shit in my paint...It's not really *Invincibility*, Just a huge amount of health that allows you to take a beating like a dancing frog apparently.

buster12
01-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Just completed it played in the dark 46" TV and headphones very loud. Shit my pants every 10 minutes what a game.

I hope Renegade gets a fix for hex editing, wanna play it again when I can hex it just to have a bit of fun with cash and nodes

lickerout
01-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Just completed it played in the dark 46" TV and headphones very loud. Shit my pants every 10 minutes what a game.

I hope Renegade gets a fix for hex editing, wanna play it again when I can hex it just to have a bit of fun with cash and nodes

i did pretty much the same except on a 50" with suround sound compleated it in about 13 hours of straight play through the night with no light except for the tv, and i agree can't wait for the save editor to be fixed so i can max my credits on my retail 360 (you just don't get enough nodes or credits to max your stuff i a single game).

bigcol
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Ive played for half an hour or so on the modded disc 1 but Ive decided not to use the modded disc. Why? Dead Space 2 is a game that deserves respect. Its brilliant game. I will use the modded discs on my next play through.

STRATEGIZER
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Is there a tutorial on how to do this manually ? Im asking because I have this for PS3.

Thanks

eric22
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks dude

Renegade
01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Is there a tutorial on how to do this manually ? Im asking because I have this for PS3.

ThanksOnce we finish up the x360 stuff, I'll be adding support for the PS3 to the app.

TLOR FETT
01-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Once we finish up the x360 stuff, I'll be adding support for the PS3 to the app.
Why, I specifically recall this being 360haven not ps3haven....womp womp. Anyways I will be trying this up today burned disc 2 with it and will see how she goes.

EmuBoarding
01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
The option of infinite life is not working right. Im get my fist suit and my life is always in the red and when multiple enemies attack me I will die anyway. Is something wrong or is correct?

great tool.

thx

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
The option of infinite life is not working right. Im get my fist suit and my life is always in the red and when multiple enemies attack me I will die anyway. Is something wrong or is correct?

great tool.

thx

Did you replaced your modded file before you got the new suit or after?

Renegade
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Why, I specifically recall this being 360haven not ps3haven....womp womp. Anyways I will be trying this up today burned disc 2 with it and will see how she goes.Doesn't matter, I'm going to start to develop tools for both platforms now, and what way better to start is adding support here.

EmuBoarding
01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
before =( its a problem?

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
before =( its a problem?

Your character can have max 9999 hit points, your current hit point is 120/9999
A large med pack recovers 100 hit points, to have a max/full recovered hp you need 99 large med packs OR.. a a new suit ( works only for 1 time)
changing suit's will not recover you hit points!!

claudiuccio
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
hey man i have the italian version of this game and i have extract ONLY bigfile0.viv from disk 1. Start the tools and open the file but i can't enable any option, no check box, nothing, only the save button is enable ......( I'm running on windows 7). Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
hey man i have the italian version of this game and i have extract ONLY bigfile0.viv from disk 1. Start the tools and open the file but i can't enable any option, no check box, nothing, only the save button is enable ......( I'm running on windows 7). Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Download somewhere a free hex editor.
open your file with the hex editor and give me the first 10 bytes from offset 0

here is a example

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lmrtop.jpg

loki9675
01-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I have the same problem. but i have the german version.

loki9675
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM
42 49 47 48 00 b8 54 cd 00 00

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 04:25 PM
42 49 47 48 00 b8 54 cd 00 00

this is from the file of disk 1? if yes, can you post the values of disk 2 plz.

loki9675
01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
No this from Disk 1 (42 49 47 48 00 80 82 C3 00 00)
and this from Disk 2 (42 49 47 48 00 B8 54 CD 00 00)

claudiuccio
01-28-2011, 04:34 PM
bigfile0 disk 1 italian version :

42 49 47 48 00 28 6E C3 00 00

bigfile1 disk 2 italian version :

42 49 47 48 3C 58 5C C7 00 00

jkipp82
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
so your supposed to wait until after you got your first suit to use a modded disc? meaning inf health.

Renegade
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok, Basically what we added to the tool was a check from each Bigfile0 of the disk, This basically would disable the checks for the checkboxes. e.g If you opened Bigfile0 Disk 1 - it would disable the Disk 2 checkboxes and vice versa.

However what we didn't know is that the header/s check we added is different for each version of the game.

So can we post a list of headers, Just like sephiroth posted in the pic above, Take the first int32 bytes like he has shown, from the language of your game, and post here.

Ironflute
01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
hi renegade i post a comment for you on xboxdev, but our you going to edit the amount of saves available on hard core?

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Thank you, now i need to be sure if the offset of the characters hp is the same as in other versions

As you see from this picture, the offset we put in the tool for the characters hp = 1D23E.

http://i51.tinypic.com/34ytvcz.jpgCan you post here the offset of the characters hp plz.
You can do this by searching for

BaseValue("RIG", "HP"

loki9675
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
german version:
1da24

claudiuccio
01-28-2011, 05:10 PM
from italian bigfile0 disk 1 it's 01d23e

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
it seems this tool wont work with the german version,sorry :(

Claudiuccido, can you give me the first 10 bytes at offset 0 from the bigfile0 of both disk.

STRATEGIZER
01-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Once we finish up the x360 stuff, I'll be adding support for the PS3 to the app.

Ahh cool ! Iv managed to find a tutorial & use all the value's that fradulant (or something like that) posted & they all work fine. Thanks guy's for your work & figuring this mod out !

claudiuccio
01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
bigfile0 disk 1 italian version :

42 49 47 48 00 28 6E C3 00 00

bigfile0 disk 2

42 49 47 48 00 60 40 CD 00 00

Dabuisnez
01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
For those wondering about the health... It isnt infinite, it goes from 100 to 999...Jus use large medpacks to get back up to green. The other problems are that not all values can be changed to 999. Some are capped at 99. Also kinesis doesnt work properly either. its range is gone after using editor.Im curious were the values are for the ammo and other store items are. Shouldnt we able to change the amount you get when buying jus one?

Renegade
01-28-2011, 05:43 PM
For those wondering about the health... It isnt infinite, it goes from 100 to 999...Jus use large medpacks to get back up to green. The other problems are that not all values can be changed to 999. Some are capped at 99. Also kinesis doesnt work properly either. its range is gone after using editor.Im curious were the values are for the ammo and other store items are. Shouldnt we able to change the amount you get when buying jus one?The range on the kinesis was bugged, We are in the middle of making a fix. However we want to get the language thing out of the way first.

EDIT - I need someone with the PAL version of the game and must be from the UK and have downloaded it, Private message me your AIM/MSN I want to do some research on your files.

jkipp82
01-28-2011, 06:09 PM
The range on the kinesis was bugged, We are in the middle of making a fix. However we want to get the language thing out of the way first.

EDIT - I need someone with the PAL version of the game and must be from the UK and have downloaded it, Private message me your AIM/MSN I want to do some research on your files.

are you talking about kinesis duration causes the bug or kinesis energy?

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 06:17 PM
are you talking about kinesis duration causes the bug or kinesis energy?

No the StasisModule charger is causes the bug.

To fix this you need to set the StasisModule charger to 20
All upgradevalues of StasisModule charge set to -00
KinesisModule range to 999.

claudiuccio
01-28-2011, 06:21 PM
any chance to have a fix for italian version ?

Renegade
01-28-2011, 06:30 PM
are you talking about kinesis duration causes the bug or kinesis energy?There's a link between the both, So you need to choose between them, Me and Sephy discussed a fix, so we will apply that.

jkipp82
01-28-2011, 06:43 PM
dang i wasted two discs. lol my fault. its cool. i should have been more patient.

http://www.gifflix.com/files/275e37923329.gif

Gringo le vampire
01-28-2011, 06:49 PM
1000 thanks !!!

Ironflute
01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
just letting everyone know, i used your orignal big file editor yesterday, i started on hardcore, everything worked sweet! and when i went to disc 2, it still worked!! i saved, turned off xbox and tried again, but this time it didnt! but i tried putting disc 1 in first and when it tells me to put in disc 2 i did, and it worked again!

Renegade
01-28-2011, 07:12 PM
just letting everyone know, i used your orignal big file editor yesterday, i started on hardcore, everything worked sweet! and when i went to disc 2, it still worked!! i saved, turned off xbox and tried again, but this time it didnt! but i tried putting disc 1 in first and when it tells me to put in disc 2 i did, and it worked again!That's awesome news dude, Thanks :)

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
yea i cant get past the part wjere you first have to slow the door down cause my staises or kines doesnt have enough power to pull the fuses out of the wall at all

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
There's a link between the both, So you need to choose between them, Me and Sephy discussed a fix, so we will apply that.

kinesis energy

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 08:35 PM
kinesis energy

KinesisModule range to 999.

anyways, we are currently working on the tool so a new update will be released soon.

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM

KinesisModule range to 999
anyways, we are currently working on the tool so a new update will be released soon.

Ok Cool Cant wait cause im Stuck

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok Cool Cant wait cause im Stuck

Stuck at what,where?
Do you need help?

xICEMANx117
01-28-2011, 09:19 PM
yea my kenesis isnt strong enough to pull the fuses out of a wall

Renegade
01-28-2011, 09:30 PM
yea my kenesis isnt strong enough to pull the fuses out of a wallLmao, I'm terribly sorry we rendered your abilities of Kinesis useless XD, Don't worry next update has addressed this issue.

Sephiroth
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
yea my kenesis isnt strong enough to pull the fuses out of a wall

:oops: ....:-f .... sorry for that, we are currently working on a new update, this new update will have more stuff and + it will fix the bug ofcourse :)

Styledlx
01-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Hello.
I'm from Germany and my English is not so good... :)

I have Downloaded your Mod for Dead Space 2. The BigFiles are on my System and if i Browse one in the
BigFileEditor than i only cam push the Save Button but not the Markers!!!

I have the dnl-ddsp2 Release -- this is the AT Uncut Version German!!

Please help me

Thanks

Renegade
01-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello.
I'm from Germany and my English is not so good... :)

I have Downloaded your Mod for Dead Space 2. The BigFiles are on my System and if i Browse one in the
BigFileEditor than i only cam push the Save Button but not the Markers!!!

I have the dnl-ddsp2 Release -- this is the AT Uncut Version German!!

Please help me

ThanksPM'd you with some instructions.

EDIT - The German version offsets are different, We will need to add support for it at a later time, Sorry about that :(

EDIT 2 - Nevermind, everything will progress as planned, Just need to keep adding support for Multi-Languages when people experience difficulties.

Creeative316
01-28-2011, 11:40 PM
dang i can't dowmnload the first link as it says invalid link please contact admin

bigcol
01-29-2011, 12:30 AM
dang i can't dowmnload the first link as it says invalid link please contact admin
The link on the first page, if thats the one you are on about, is working fine

Creeative316
01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
yeah it is now that i restarted my pc :D great work renagade and serphiroth

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 12:59 AM
wait until they fix and add stuff before you use it they are getting ready to make another release.

Creeative316
01-29-2011, 01:52 AM
wow thats gonna be epic keep the updates comming :D

BrayWyatt
01-29-2011, 01:58 AM
when can we expect the ave editor to be fixed?

CloudStrife7x
01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Nice job on the tool guys, keep up the good work

Renegade
01-29-2011, 02:23 AM
when can we expect the save editor to be fixed?Not sure about the save editor, Mojo doesn't seem to know what the deal is with the check method in the save, Mojo is 1 million times better than me at PPC so, if he can't do it, I cannot.

Update 2.6 coming very shortly of the Bigfile tool.

someairforcedude
01-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Not sure about the save editor, Mojo doesn't seem to know what the deal is with the check method in the save, Mojo is 1 million times better than me at PPC so, if he can't do it, I cannot.

Update 2.6 coming very shortly of the Bigfile tool.
Sweet dude, can't wait. Thanks for your hard work!

Renegade
01-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Update 2.6 Added to the main post - Read post for the changes made. Enjoy.

someairforcedude
01-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Update 2.6 Added to the main post - Read post for the changes made. Enjoy.

Damn nice work Renegade. Thanks again for this great tool

Renegade
01-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Damn nice work Renegade. Thanks again for this great toolNot just my work, Sephiroth's work too, So when anybody see's him post in the thread, Thank his post whatever it says, He deserves it, But enjoy it, and have fun with the new features :)

BrayWyatt
01-29-2011, 03:13 AM
sucks i cant use this great program. seeing that the slim cant be modded. :(

Sephiroth
01-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Not just my work, Sephiroth's work too, So when anybody see's him post in the thread, Thank his post whatever it says, He deserves it, But enjoy it, and have fun with the new features :)

http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/high.png Nahh its cool, no need to thank me lol.

Renegade
01-29-2011, 03:16 AM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/high.png Nahh its cool, no need to thank me lol.Too late, just did XD <3

xICEMANx117
01-29-2011, 03:19 AM
cant wait for the Javelin Gun to be on here thats my favorite i love sticking enemy's to the walls

Sephiroth
01-29-2011, 03:23 AM
cant wait for the Javelin Gun to be on here thats my favorite i love sticking enemy's to the walls
We will release another update tomorrow :p

someairforcedude
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM

Good job/kudos to you too. I am not really a noob, just a noob to this site so my rep and stuff is low atm, but i will work on contributing here as I do a lot of hex editing myself. I use xbob360iso more for all that stuff. You guys mind if I post this there for the masses?

Sephiroth
01-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Good job/kudos to you too. I am not really a noob, just a noob to this site. I use x360iso more. You guys mind if I post this there for the masses?

Yeh, you may post the tool on x360iso :)

xICEMANx117
01-29-2011, 03:57 AM

ok ill just wait till tomorrow to play anymore cant wait for the updats thanks guys for all your hard work on this

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 04:25 AM
thanks seph and renegade. its times like these that remind of the 360 content days.

claudiuccio
01-29-2011, 07:26 AM
now the program load bigfile0 from italian version. Good job men

Creeative316
01-29-2011, 09:04 AM
yeah it loads great very great app :D

majorspawn
01-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Can you please put version on the app so we knwow which one we have if your planning to release more moving forward?

bigbubba7373
01-29-2011, 12:34 PM
can the big file in the first dead space be modded the same way or by hex
?

pureIso
01-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice work guys. :)

bigcol
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM

Great stuff. Im playing the game legit and am near the end of the game. Once Ive completed it, I use it on my second play through.......games like this deserve more respect than to be cheated on. (first play through any way).

Renegade
01-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Good job/kudos to you too. I am not really a noob, just a noob to this site so my rep and stuff is low atm, but i will work on contributing here as I do a lot of hex editing myself. I use xbob360iso more for all that stuff. You guys mind if I post this there for the masses?Yeah sure man, We made the tool for the whole of the modding community to use, We don't really care where it's posted, As long as some nub doesn't try and claim it as his own, After the hard work and testing we put into this tool, I'd hate for someone to take our kudos, Not that i'm a credit whore or anything, But it's not as if we are making people pay for this tool..*hint hint insert list of sites here hint hint*

thanks seph and renegade. its times like these that remind of the 360 content days.Just doing our job ;)

now the program load bigfile0 from italian version. Good job menYeah we just needed to add an indentifier that would allow the Italian and German version of the game to be loaded, If anybody else is having this problem, Remember to post so we can add support for your Region/Language.

Can you please put version on the app so we knwow which one we have if your planning to release more moving forward?Well the version of the app, is actually there if you right click > properties, But sure we will add a version watermark, and also a changelog of the things added/fixed.

?I'd assume so, After we finish this one, I'll have a look at the first game, and if Sephy wants to pull together again to help me with it, I would be greatful

Nice work guys. :)You are welcome :)

End of super duper multi quote :P

Evil Dead
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow, good job on this guys. Will use it as soon as I'm done with AC: Brotherhood.

Game Wizard
01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
so how do u go along doing this any help ? i just got back on and whoa new stuff :) so yea TUT if possible and just to clarify does this work on normal xbox360 's if so let me know good job guys
:)

Renegade
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
so how do u go along doing this any help ? i just got back on and whoa new stuff :) so yea TUT if possible and just to clarify does this work on normal xbox360 's if so let me know good job guys
:)Open the app, and read the How to use section ;)

bigcol
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
:)

I'll do my best to explain.

First of all, download xbox image browser, you can find it on Xbox-Scene.

1) Open up xbox image browser and click on file. Then "open image file"
2) Locate your Dead Space 2 iso file
3) Once it has been opened up in xbox image browser, you will see a list of contents, down the list you wull see the file called "bigfile0.viv", Right click on it and extract it. Exttract to your desk top or somewhere else that you can find it easilty. (takes a minute or two to extract, so sit back and wait)
4) Open up the Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor (assuming you have alrready downloaded it, if not, download it now)
5) In Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor, click on file/open. Locate your bigfile0.viv file and select open. You will get a pop up saying "file loaded".
6) Tick off what you want in the bigfile0.viv editor. Inf health, ammo etc
7) Click on save. You will get a message telling you that the selected mods have been applied to the bigfile0.viv. Go Wild
8 Go back to the xbox image browser, right click on the bigfile0.viv, same as you did when you went to extract it before but this time, click on "replace". The just replace it with the one youve just modded. (takes a minute or two to replace, so sit back and wait)
9) Burn the newly modded iso to a dual layer dvd. I have always use imgburn at 2x speed.)

All done, you can now play gthe game with the mods working fine.

Edit.............bigfile0.viv is on disc 1. I havent modded a disc 2 iso yet. In fact I havent even opened it in xbox image browser yet!

Renegade, does this sound easy enough to follow? Wasnt too sure when I typed it out but Ive tried to make it as easy as poss.

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
disc 2 will also have bigfile0.viv its not named anything different.

misterx
01-29-2011, 06:07 PM
are u still working on the save editor ?

Renegade
01-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I'll do my best to explain.

First of all, download xbox image browser, you can find it on Xbox-Scene.

3) Once it has been opened up in xbox image browser, you will see a list of contents, down the list you wull see the file called "bigfile0.viv", Right click on it and extract it. Exttract to your desk top or somewhere else that you can find it easilty. (takes a minute or two to extract, so sit back and wait)
4) Open up the Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor (assuming you have alrready downloaded it, if not, download it now)
5) In Dead Space 2 - Bigfile Editor, click on file/open. Locate your bigfile0.viv file and select open. You will get a pop up saying "file loaded".
7) Click on save. You will get a message telling you that the selected mods have been applied to the bigfile0.viv. Go Wild
8 Go back to the xbox image browser, right click on the bigfile0.viv, same as you did when you went to extract it before but this time, click on "replace". The just replace it with the one youve just modded. (takes a minute or two to replace, so sit back and wait)
9) Burn the newly modded iso to a dual layer dvd. I have always use imgburn at 2x speed.)

All done, you can now play gthe game with the mods working fine.

Edit.............bigfile0.viv is on disc 1. I havent modded a disc 2 iso yet. In fact I havent even opened it in xbox image browser yet!

Renegade, does this sound easy enough to follow? Wasnt too sure when I typed it out but Ive tried to make it as easy as poss.Great tut dude, Infact will add this to the editor How to section. :)

are u still working on the save editor ?Yes....but it's a little complicated atm.

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 06:21 PM
dont mean to be impatient but how long till all the weapons are added.

Renegade
01-29-2011, 06:28 PM
dont mean to be impatient but how long till all the weapons are added.We add 1-2 weapons every day per update.

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
cool thanks for the info.

Skullkeeper
01-29-2011, 07:07 PM
?

The first Dead Space also has the bigfile0.viv and can be modded with a hex editor as well. Just modded mine and it plays fine.

pureIso
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
The first Dead Space also has the bigfile0.viv and can be modded with a hex editor as well. Just modded mine and it plays fine.

Thanks mate was wondering that myself. I would love top play the first one.

Renegade
01-29-2011, 07:24 PM
The first Dead Space also has the bigfile0.viv and can be modded with a hex editor as well. Just modded mine and it plays fine.In that case, Once done with the Dead Space 2 stuff, Will get to work on a DS1, However only if there is a high demand for it.

keksi360
01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
looks like there is a problem with the german version of dead space and this editor.
i successful edited disk one and played till the end without problems but disk 2 seems to be broken.

im on chapter 9 to 10.
after i blow up the things :D and run to the train my xbox shuts down
when i play this scene without mods everything works fine but when i load up the modded one it gaves me the same error after a little bit of playtime.

Insane JIC
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Just a quick question, is there an achievement for dying in the game or something? I know some games do.

gib6717
01-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I think this screwed up my telekinesis.. I can't grab anything unless I'm right next to it... Tried adjusting it in both files.. 999, 500, 20 nothing works.. ANyone have any ideas?

Sephiroth
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I think this screwed up my telekinesis.. I can't grab anything unless I'm right next to it... Tried adjusting it in both files.. 999, 500, 20 nothing works.. ANyone have any ideas?

use the tool, it will fix the bug :p

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
no there is no achievement for dieing in game. nor is there one for using the plasma cutter through out the whole game. i really liked that one from the first one it made it quite challenging.

pureIso
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Just a quick question, is there an achievement for dying in the game or something? I know some games do.

No but there is an achievement for using 10 medikit. - First aid 10G

gib6717
01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
use the tool, it will fix the bug :p

Worked! Thanks

ScouseVillage
01-29-2011, 10:19 PM
is this only for ISO modding or will it work on a normal xbox (not flashed or jtagged).....

xICEMANx117
01-29-2011, 10:26 PM
is this only for ISO modding or will it work on a normal xbox (not flashed or jtagged).....

Sorry but no you have to burn a custom ISO disk for this to work

pureIso
01-29-2011, 10:28 PM

It can work on normal xbox if you can install the modded ISo dvd on your xbox 360 but for that you need someone with a flashed console. Since the game is being read from the HDD.

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
yeah its really cool that you dont need a jtag for this work.

ScouseVillage
01-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Sorry but no you have to burn a custom ISO disk for this to work
Ahh right ok just wonderin that was all, maybe some other time ill try my Flashed Xbox got banned like last week...

misterx
01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
are u guys using a new dvd every single time a new update is coming out and u want to use some of the features?

I mean why would you waste so many dvd for a game?

there should be an advanced save editor which allows you to do all these mods .

Sephiroth
01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
are u guys using a new dvd every single time a new update is coming out and u want to use some of the features?

I mean why would you waste so many dvd for a game?

there should be an advanced save editor which allows you to do all these mods .

There is no advanced save editor like the bigfile editor lol.
This will be the last update and will have all wpns.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rbynps.png

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3752/72813948.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/i/72813948.png/)
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6530/99960081.png (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/99960081.png/)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6415/19206617.png (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/19206617.png/)

Renegade
01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Easy for you to say Sephy, all this coding makes me wanna leave it until tomorrow, But must finish the update.

jkipp82
01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
personally im waiting for the final update first then burning i have other games i can play in the mean time.

someairforcedude
01-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I am ready to burn Disc 2 finally as I am stuck on Disc 1 at a point where I can't save until I am at Disc 2. Just waiting on the final editor with all weapons so that I can burn the 2nd disc and play away... Thanks again for this awesome editor.

bigcol
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Ive just completed it. Amazing game. Got to be a Dead Space 3 surely???? Right, I think its time I modded a couple of ISO's. Im glad I played through the game without having cheated. Yeah I got short of ammo, yeah, I died on more than one occasion but damn, I enjoyed every minute of it. Now for hardcore

Renegade
01-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Sephy is coding the final weapons, Unfortunately..a few complications in my life have just occured, and it's putting me rather off, and making me stressed out with the coding, So Sephy is going to have it done within 1-2 hours then we will release the final version...Well not really final version as we might tweak stuff in future such as Region issues or ingame bugs. Thank you all for your feedback and using our tool, I salute you all.

EmuBoarding
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Any news for nodes and cash? Thx alot.

bigcol
01-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Any news for nodes and cash? Thx alot.

You need either really. You have infinite health, so no need to upgrade to a better rig. You will have more ammo than you can shake a stick at. Just started the game again but this time on Hardcore. Ive modded my isos and have not died once. Ive also got plenty of ammo.

Renegade
01-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Sephiroth found a little method for getting credits, It's kind of a long shot, But i'm sure he will tell everyone how to do it once we release the full weapon update.

jkipp82
01-30-2011, 01:53 AM
cant wait renegade

blacksnight
01-30-2011, 02:01 AM
that ill be sweet renegade, thanks for the hard work o and thanks to Sephiroth too for his hard work!!!!!

Renegade
01-30-2011, 02:23 AM
When i said "A long shot" i meant it :P It's something you have to manually do ingame, But if you guys like farming, You won't have a problem doing this, As for the nodes, if you just do that glitch, that pretty much covers credits and nodes :P everyone's a winner...now i have the urge to post the tool on the EA forums.

xICEMANx117
01-30-2011, 03:24 AM
When i said "A long shot" i meant it :P It's something you have to manually do ingame, But if you guys like farming, You won't have a problem doing this, As for the nodes, if you just do that glitch, that pretty much covers credits and nodes :P everyone's a winner...now i have the urge to post the tool on the EA forums.

lol so has the rest of the weapons been updated yet ..... i havent really been keep up with the forum

Braxton
01-30-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't have this game but, I want to stop by and say great work Renegade and Sephy. :)

someairforcedude
01-30-2011, 04:44 AM
Just got back from watching The Rite and was hoping to play some dead space disc 2(as if the movie wasn't freaky enough...), guess will have to patiently wait for you guys to up it.

EmuBoarding
01-30-2011, 04:52 AM
Thx Renagade...
This is rox, im whait for final version.
thx sephi too.

Ninja Twin
01-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Whats the best mods/settings to enable if I want to run thru (first runthru)the game and have achievements popping in a legit manner?
I was thinking or starting on Normal difficulty and only enabling health.. Any input from people who have used this would be most appreciated. Thx

jkipp82
01-30-2011, 05:08 AM
you can still earn everything nothin is tied to life as far as allowing yourself to die or something like that.

derrickscopion
01-30-2011, 06:04 AM
ok can somebody give me tutorial on how to do this do i put in the disc and use something to extract an iso and can it damage the original data of the cd

tr4shb0t
01-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Is it known whether doing this can get you banned or is detectable at all?

Ninja Twin
01-30-2011, 06:05 AM
you can still earn everything nothin is tied to life as far as allowing yourself to die or something like that.

Would modding the Plasma cutter affect the upgrade achievement?

Sephiroth
01-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Would modding the Plasma cutter affect the upgrade achievement?

Using this tool wont effect any archievement, so.. no it wont effect the upgrade archievement if you mod plasma cutter or any wpn.

derrickscopion
01-30-2011, 06:21 AM
i stiil would like an anwser if tath some how one the right direction and if it can damged the data to the cd tath it wont read annymor or something like tath

Ninja Twin
01-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Is it known whether doing this can get you banned or is detectable at all?

You should be ok. If you are really worried about detection and bans you always have the choice to use this offline.

unknowhuman
01-30-2011, 09:13 AM
guys .. I have big problem with Disc 2 , I mod ISO file and burn it but every ammo become 1 and when I going to upgrade weapon it's freezing on this picture :sendorq:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2668/snc00098k.jpg

By the way .. The Disc 1 modded perfectly :bigsmile2:

majorspawn
01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
I have the same problem with Disc 2 as well. I can confirm that the screen freezes on the same "bench" tool. I can also add that after using the editor all ammo is reduced to 1 and air is reduced to 1%. This is the same via jtag or disc. When I revert to un unmodified bigfile0 then the air reverts to 15%. I think the editor is not patching the correct values on the second disk. Disk 1 works perfectly. Is anyone else on disk 2 that can confirm the same behavior?

lickerout
01-30-2011, 09:27 AM
are the credits randomly droped in random amounts? or are they set amounts? if they are set amounts could you change the amount thats droped in the bigfile? that would make it more or less infinite cash and it could allow someone to make a save with tones of credits on it right near the begining for those with none jtagged consoles.

DarkDemon
01-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I have the same problem with Disc 2 as well. I can confirm that the screen freezes on the same "bench" tool. I can also add that after using the editor all ammo is reduced to 1 and air is reduced to 1%. This is the same via jtag or disc. When I revert to un unmodified bigfile0 then the air reverts to 15%. I think the editor is not patching the correct values on the second disk. Disk 1 works perfectly. Is anyone else on disk 2 that can confirm the same behavior?

I had the same problem and tried many methods but no avail :(

update:
just figured that u don't need to mod Disc 2 . if u have a save file on disc 2 and want 2 play with ur modded weapons on disc 2 just insert your modded disc 1 and load the save file that on disc 2 after that insert Disc 2 . so i think u need just to mod disc 1

bigcol
01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
ok can somebody give me tutorial on how to do this do i put in the disc and use something to extract an iso and can it damage the original data of the cd

Download xbox image browswer first.

Here is the tut I knocked up. Very easy to follow

unknowhuman
01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I had the same problem and tried many methods but no avail :(

update:
just figured that u don't need to mod Disc 2 . if u have a save file on disc 2 and want 2 play with ur modded weapons on disc 2 just insert your modded disc 1 and load the save file that on disc 2 after that insert Disc 2 . so i think u need just to mod disc 1

and every time when I want play I doing this ? How Playing Disc 2 from Hard drive ?!
Hard way

I think there are wrong with new version of the tool .. I mod Disc 1 with old Version

purpletentacles
01-30-2011, 03:13 PM
is it just me or does the line gun's "super laser" mod make the gun work only half the time? Seems like when i get a direct hit on an enemy the game decides that it just wants to pass straight through. This can be seen big time when fighting "the pack" where 5 or 6 will be in front of me but only one dies. Or am I just retarded.. Other than that sick tool guys

Renegade
01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
and every time when I want play I doing this ? How Playing Disc 2 from Hard drive ?!
Hard way

I think there are wrong with new version of the tool .. I mod Disc 1 with old VersionThere's nothing wrong with the tool, We have tested this prior to release, We always do. You're obviously doing some human errors.

suxers
01-30-2011, 04:48 PM
great mod although i dont really want to reburn iv done 2, copies first had super short telekinesis haha.

One thing tho thanks for the info on ammo returning to 999.....but i have a problem with the suit it no longer wants to make me invincible i lose health when hit and i do no kno how to get it back to invincible.. i tried changing suits.. and or putiing a node in the health...to no avail... hmm

bigcol
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
There is no advanced save editor like the bigfile editor lol.
This will be the last update and will have all wpns.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rbynps.png

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3752/72813948.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/i/72813948.png/)
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6530/99960081.png (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/99960081.png/)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6415/19206617.png (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/19206617.png/)

When do you expect to release the final version? Cant wait. lol, I could do with inf ammo for my stronger weapons

Sephiroth
01-30-2011, 05:26 PM
When do you expect to release the final version? Cant wait. lol, I could do with inf ammo for my stronger weapons

Today!
We are currently testing the tool.

someairforcedude
01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Today!
We are currently testing the tool.

Need a tester? I am bored and figured could contribute somehow...

Sephiroth
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Need a tester? I am bored and figured could contribute somehow...

we are not only testing the mods in the game, we also check every modified value in the bigfile0.viv file.

Renegade
01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Version 2.7 Final - Released and added to the main post.

jkipp82
01-30-2011, 07:41 PM
sweetness thanks.

fossilk1
01-30-2011, 07:59 PM
what about credits and nodes?

Renegade
01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
what about credits and nodes?Just use the glitch lol...ask Sephiroth for more details.

lickerout
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
so by the glitch (from what i hear, i have not tried it yet hard to see that it would work) i take it you mean In Chapter 14, after the zero g spot, there's a power node door. Get the items, save at the nearest save station, then restart from your last checkpoint (the station). Return to the room and the nodes and a semiconductor will be there. Rinse and repeat for infinite nodes and cash. Enjoy!

Sephiroth
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
so by the glitch (from what i hear io have not tried it yet hard to see that it would work) i take it you mean the chapter 14 glitch (just before the end of the game) where you save just after the zero gravity section shortly after that there is a power node door enter there collect everything and restart from previous checkpoint.

it doesn't have to be only on chapter 14, i have found those glitches on other chapters too.

lickerout
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
any early one by any chance if so where? i'm about to go into chapter 7

Renegade
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Glitch and methods added to main post.

Creeative316
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM
as always pretty good job there guys :)

pureIso
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
very well done guys :)

Sensi420
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Great Job. Working great
Couldnt u just buy power nodes after doing credit glitch.

eric22
01-30-2011, 11:59 PM
wow great update 2.7. trhanks again dude .

purpletentacles
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Awesome Update... If it were even slightly possible I would have your babies

BrayWyatt
01-31-2011, 01:20 AM
now this is working. when will the save editor be fixed? thats what im waiting for. since my slim cant be modded.

Bigfishhead
01-31-2011, 01:29 AM
just a quick thank you it works great, well kinda got all the infinte ammo and stuff but because were i was in my save, i had no heath left so and plus i cant buy any suits at the moment because there is none in the store ( disc 2 chapter 11 )

Wat can i do so i can get infinte heath to work???

unknowhuman
01-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Oh guys I love you LOL

I modded Disc 2 with newest version and it's work perfectly without freezing problem

Thanks Renegade and sephiroth , good work guys

Renegade
01-31-2011, 01:44 AM
now this is working. when will the save editor be fixed? thats what im waiting for. since my slim cant be modded.The save editor was never broken, It's just the checksum that is holding me back from re-releasing, Unfortunately i'm not really fluent in PPC so i'm not sure how this secondary check works out, Mojo told me it looks to be another EA check but even he is confused and doesn't understand the structure, and that's saying something.

just a quick thank you it works great, well kinda got all the infinte ammo and stuff but because were i was in my save, i had no heath left so and plus i cant buy any suits at the moment because there is none in the store ( disc 2 chapter 11 )

Wat can i do so i can get infinte heath to work???You should really only use the infinite health option when you are near to obtaining a suit, Only thing i can suggest is use a crap load of medi-packs and hope for the best until you obtain a new suit.

Oh guys I love you LOL

I modded Disc 2 with newest version and it's work perfectly without freezing problem

Thanks Renegade and sephiroth , good work guysYeah we found the cause of the freezing isses, So just re-coded those parts with more support for Disk 2. You're welcome....I've not even had the chance to use the editor myself lol...

Bigfishhead
01-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Its ok ruff'd it till i got the advanced suit............its all good now thanks a bunch can't wait to finish the game and go thru it on hardcore..........:)

xICEMANx117
01-31-2011, 03:43 AM
Also if you spend one node upgrading the HP on the rig it will automatically put you at full health

doket
01-31-2011, 05:55 AM
well done. i will gonna try this and play it....

lickerout
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
if you load a save that was used for infinite hp and increased ammo on a modded iso and use it on a retail does it still have the modded stats? or does it have to be used witth the modded iso to get the benifits from that save? if they can be used can someone upload a save for each difficulty so we can have some fun.

Ninja Twin
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I injected the modded bigfile into my ISO and since I plan to play it while connected to XBL (Not MP) ..i decided to run the ISO through ABGX. This is the error i got. Any idea if it is safe to go online with this ISO?

Basic Stealth check passed!

Starting Verification
Looking for 73865BB992274C1F.ini in the online verified database
Server file 73865BB992274C1F.ini no newer than local file - not retrieving

Using 73865BB992274C1F.ini (348 bytes)
Video CRC matches
V0 CRC matches
V1 CRC matches
PFI CRC matches
DMI CRC matches
SS CRC matches
Xex CRC matches

Checking Game CRC... (press Q to cancel)
Percent Elapsed Estimated Time Average Current Errors Total
Done Time Time Left Speed Speed Recovered Retries
100% 2:10 2:10 0:00 53.2 MB/s 60.5 MB/s

AnyDVD style corruption was not detected
Game CRC = BB230F82

Game partition CRC does not match the verified ini! There are 4 possibilities:

1. This is a bad rip (the most likely cause). If you're checking a DVD backup
and have AnyDVD or a similar app installed, make absolutely sure the process is
killed! If this is a scene release, search for it on abgx.net and look at the
column "Bad CRC or Needs Fixing". If you see a <!> icon, hover over it with
your mouse to read the alt text. If it says something like "Bad game data CRC"
or gives the name of a fix (PPF patch), we already know about it. It's also
highly recommended to run abgx360 again with AutoFix set to level 3 if you
applied a PPF to make sure stealth files haven't been corrupted. See "What is
AnyDVD style corruption?" in the GUI Quickstart tab for more info on game data
corruption.

2. Your CPU/RAM/HDD/data bus is unstable and corrupted the data during
extraction/burning or while checking the CRC. Make sure to run the sfv and try
extracting it again (assuming you have the sfv/rars) and recheck the ISO/DVD to
see if you get the same CRC.

3. Game data was intentionally modified for some reason. Microsoft does not
take kindly to modifications for any purpose, and even benign changes to game
data or settings will get you banned from Xbox Live!

4. The verified Game CRC in the database is wrong (very unlikely).

Stealth was verified but game data wasn't

Comparing L1 Video on L0 to L1 Video on L1... SplitVid is valid

Press any key to exit . . .

pureIso
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I injected the modded bigfile into my ISO and since I plan to play it while connected to XBL (Not MP) ..i decided to run the ISO through ABGX. This is the error i got. Any idea if it is safe to go online with this ISO?

Basic Stealth check passed!

Starting Verification
Looking for 73865BB992274C1F.ini in the online verified database
Server file 73865BB992274C1F.ini no newer than local file - not retrieving

Using 73865BB992274C1F.ini (348 bytes)
Video CRC matches
V0 CRC matches
V1 CRC matches
PFI CRC matches
DMI CRC matches
SS CRC matches
Xex CRC matches

Checking Game CRC... (press Q to cancel)
Percent Elapsed Estimated Time Average Current Errors Total
Done Time Time Left Speed Speed Recovered Retries
100% 2:10 2:10 0:00 53.2 MB/s 60.5 MB/s

AnyDVD style corruption was not detected
Game CRC = BB230F82

Game partition CRC does not match the verified ini! There are 4 possibilities:

1. This is a bad rip (the most likely cause). If you're checking a DVD backup
and have AnyDVD or a similar app installed, make absolutely sure the process is
killed! If this is a scene release, search for it on abgx.net and look at the
column "Bad CRC or Needs Fixing". If you see a <!> icon, hover over it with
your mouse to read the alt text. If it says something like "Bad game data CRC"
or gives the name of a fix (PPF patch), we already know about it. It's also
highly recommended to run abgx360 again with AutoFix set to level 3 if you
applied a PPF to make sure stealth files haven't been corrupted. See "What is
AnyDVD style corruption?" in the GUI Quickstart tab for more info on game data
corruption.

2. Your CPU/RAM/HDD/data bus is unstable and corrupted the data during
extraction/burning or while checking the CRC. Make sure to run the sfv and try
extracting it again (assuming you have the sfv/rars) and recheck the ISO/DVD to
see if you get the same CRC.

3. Game data was intentionally modified for some reason. Microsoft does not
take kindly to modifications for any purpose, and even benign changes to game
data or settings will get you banned from Xbox Live!

4. The verified Game CRC in the database is wrong (very unlikely).

Stealth was verified but game data wasn't

Comparing L1 Video on L0 to L1 Video on L1... SplitVid is valid

Press any key to exit . . .

To be safe. Install the game with the modded ISO and if you play with an unmodded version the game still reads from hard drive so the mod still works.

jkipp82
01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
your gonna get that warning because you edited the disc. no matter what game disc you edit you will always get that. as long as you dont edit mp stuff then your fine

misterx
01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
any news considering the save editor?

Will it ever be possible to have a save editor for dead space 2 ?

I only want to cheat credits, so that I can buy all the stuff I want.
That's for me the best way to enjoy the game.

And I dont want to waste my dvd. Because I bought the original game

bigcol
02-01-2011, 01:08 AM
any news considering the save editor?

Will it ever be possible to have a save editor for dead space 2 ?

I only want to cheat credits, so that I can buy all the stuff I want.
That's for me the best way to enjoy the game.

And I dont want to waste my dvd. Because I bought the original game

I bought the game but still modded the isos. The finall version of the bigfile editor has been released, so now would be a good time to get modding. Ive playing the game again but now using the mods now that Ive completed it forst time around. Try it, you might just like it. I will be pleasently surprised if we see a save editor. Thanks once again to Renegade and Sephiroth

Ninja Twin
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Mod tool works great on the US version but not on the J/Asian version. I have it on me so is there any way to upload the bigfile for you guys to look at. Thx

Renegade
02-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Mod tool works great on the US version but not on the J/Asian version. I have it on me so is there any way to upload the bigfile for you guys to look at. Thx

PM'd you with some instructions, Once you do that, I will add support for the JAP version.

mgx456
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi, wonderfull editor, iam not realy sure it is only with me but when i sell my wapons only the plasma cuter , line gun and javalin gun reapear for me to purchase again the others i have to get the skemati for then .

Any help?