PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo, Sony and EA drops SOPA support

BrayWyatt
01-02-2012, 03:14 AM
www.ps3.qj.net

The recent internet fear mongering behind SOPA in my opinion was actually justified when it almost became passed as a bill...but then it was postponed. But it seems that some of the biggest video game companies are actually removing their support for the problematic bill. Nintendo, Sony and Electronic Arts have withdrawn their support for the misaligned bill. Although they have backed away from SOPA they are still supporting it through the Entertainment Software Association which is a detail that many of the reports lately have seemed to pass over.

The ESA is a lobbying organization that operates on behalf of big software companies, and EA, Sony and Nintendo are all among their supporters. So while the companies have withdrawn their public support for SOPA, they're still supporting the act through their resident lobbyists; this action allows them to keep pushing the bill without having their names dragged through the mud.

SOPA is creating intense debates all across the web and a number of companies have withdrawn their support in light of customer actions. The bill is still under consideration by the United States Congress, but an official vote has been postponed until early 2012.

You can learn more about SOPA at American Censorship.

WARNING: LANGUAGE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP3iymuSPOI

CloudStrife7x
01-02-2012, 03:29 AM
well i guess we just have to wait and see what happens, nice information share Sterling

BrayWyatt
01-02-2012, 04:14 AM
posted a video.

Paprika
01-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Interesting "We will withdraw support but at the same time still technically support the bill through our third party ESA"

With that still in play many people will still see them as supporters and continue what they're doing.

I can't see the bill passing at it essentially stomps all over the idea of freedom, and would make the US look bad with that old catchline Land of the Free, yeah freedom with these exceptions...

pureIso
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
We are all slaves already. We are all stuck in a box routing.