PDA

View Full Version : FFX for PS3 and Vita will be a remake

BrayWyatt
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
www.ps3.qj.net

With more and more fairly bad news for Square Enix lately people have been wondering what they were going to do next. What turns out to be one of the safer bets for big companies who are blowing in the breeze is that they will decide to go back to the well and draw on old water. Apparently they will be doing this with their remake of Final Fantasy X.

According to Yoshinori Kitase, a producer for the original FFX, the PS3 and Vita creations will be more than just a HD remaster, but a complete remake. The game will look and play the same but will have some upgraded shadings and a lack of a remade sequel to look for.

The game was announced back at the Tokyo Game Show in September 2011 with the game just being teased in it's early stages with Kitase's role unclear. However, he says the remake will match the quality of the original. I remember playing Final Fantasy X back in the day and kind of enjoying it despite not being a JRPG fan. I hope Kitase won't be pissing off fans new and old with a remake. Although, having the game on the Vita will be great for gamers who will want to play it on long road trips.

What was news to me was that Final Fantasy X was not the game that was being remade but that it was popular enough to warrant it.

Renegade
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Final Fantasy X > Kingdom Hearts 2 > DBZ Budokai 3 > DBZ BT3 > Resident Evil 4 > Kingdom Hearts 1

CloudStrife7x
01-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Final Fantasy X > Kingdom Hearts 2 > DBZ Budokai 3 > DBZ BT3 > Resident Evil 4 > Kingdom Hearts 1

yes FFX is better than all of those, i like Tidus he is badass, cant wait for this remake

Wish
01-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Really excited about this. Might even be a day one purchase for me.

sirhc1983
01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
This is nice. But I still want FFVII to be remade

Paprika
01-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice to know it isn't just going to be upscaled, but we will wait and see about that.

longy999
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Would still rather have a remake of VIII though...

pureIso
01-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I never owned a ps2 so I never played FFX. :( I just paid for my Vita so I hope I can play it on that :D