PDA

View Full Version : Best Game according to you ?

Michel Ponting
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Counter-strike is my favorite game. Me and my brother often played that game. There are so many guns to pick. The game is easy to play because it has also tutorials. I am very entertaining while playing this game.

Emerald Lance
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Best or favorite?

I think the best game of all time is probably Super Metroid. OoT and FF7 are okay, but they don't really have any lasting appeal; all they did was be the first in their series to translate to 3D, which (by itself) is nothing special. Super Metroid is a special gem and it has all the greatest things a player could hope to see in a video game: extremely tight and fluid controls, absolutely stellar graphics, a lengthy play-time, various secrets (Crystal Flash anyone?), perfectly tuned difficulty and learning curve, more power-ups than you can shake a stick at (any of which can be disabled at any time to add further challenge), and its story is actually deeper than OoT! I know I'm probably going to get salt from OoT and FF7 fans (lol sorry Cloud and Seph) but everybody holds them up so high, and I think they have no place at such a height; it's all about that Super Metroid!

Now, which is my personal favorite? That's easy, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, hands down. I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, and S3&K is a HUGE Sonic game. There's so much stuff! Yeah, there's the standard 7 Chaos Emeralds, but did you know there's also 7 more Super Emeralds? Hell yeah, only in S3&K! Getting all 14 jewels gives you a level past Super Sonic and unlocks Hyper Sonic (SSj2 FTW)! Plus you can unlock Super Tails, Super Knuckles, and even Hyper Knuckles! Not only that, but there's 14 levels too; that's unheard of in a Sonic game! It's ridiculously long, has a ridiculous amount of secret stuff to find/unlock, and there's multiple endings! MULTIPLE ENDINGS! And I don't just mean bad ending with normal Sonic and good ending with Super Sonic, there's also the REAL GOOD ending with Hyper Sonic, the ending with Tails, the ending with Knuckles, and the endings with Super/Hyper Knuckles. Not only that, but in the Hyper ending, Angel Island floats on into space! INTO SPACE! THAT'S HARDCORE! Add to that how you defeat the final boss: by slapping him in the face with his own missiles, then headbutting his jet-pack until he explodes, after which snatching up what is essentially the crystallized essence of GOD and flying that shit back down to Earth! I mean, if you really think hard about it, S3&K is crazier than Saints Row 3; sure, Sonic doesn't fight syndicate soldiers while skydiving past falling cars (yet...), but does the boss of the Saints headbutt some dude's jet-pack until he explodes to death (and then steal GOD from him)? HELL NO!! S3&K, every how, every way.

CloudStrife7x
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
my best game ever hands down no questions asked is:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DELahQ67DH8/TZoQaGN7-0I/AAAAAAAABtc/XapEKld-xdE/s1600/final-fantasy-vii-cast.jpg

Emerald guessed right that i would pick this lol, im sorry but there is no way Super Metroid compares to this game XD

Noctis Caelum
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
my best game ever made, i have games that r tied at no.1

Mass effect 1&2
Every resident evil
Every silent hill
Every Mario
N64 Goldeneye
Every Mortal kombat
Killer Instinct
Max Payne (the first one)
Double dragon and battletoads

like i said too many....

CloudStrife7x
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
my best game ever made, i have games that r tied at no.1

Mass effect 1&2
Every resident evil
Every silent hill
Every Mario
N64 Goldeneye
Every Mortal kombat
Killer Instinct
Max Payne (the first one)
Double dragon and battletoads

like i said too many....

You forgot Final Fantasy VII lol :P

Noctis Caelum
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
i never gave any FF a real try..i played the one on Ps2 and hated it..i was thinkin about renting the new one though

Paprika
01-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Best game, hmm far too many to pick. If I was to narrow it downit would be out of these (Probably:P ):
Metal Gear Solid 3/ 4
Mass Effect 1/2
GTA: Vice City
Earthbound
Gears of War 1 (Best MP)
Final Fantasy IX (Fav FF title)/ VI
Kingdom Hearts/ KH2

That pretty much covers it, though I suspect there would be more

Genkaaku
01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
My favorite game by far is 007 Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64.
As well as all the old pokemon series. Red, Blue, Green. :) Ahhh! Those were the days. Haha. I feel old.

Most newer games are okay but I really like the games that left memories for me.
Such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It was a drunk night and my roomates and I played knife eachother all night long. It was on this small map that had a giant industrial thing in the middle.
Good times! :)

XajNyne
01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm too lazy to pick one at the moment so I'll just say any big open world game with at least 100+ hours of game play and reasonable replay value.

Renegade
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Here goes in order..

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64/3DS)
2. Halo 2 (Xbox/360)
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2/360)
4. Metal Gear Solid 1 + 2 (PS2/360/PSX/GC)
5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
6. Sonic Adventure 2 (DC/GC)
7. Portal 2
8. Portal 1
9. The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker (GC)
10. Dragonball Z Legends (PSX)
11. Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (PS2)
12. Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2)

The list goes on and on and on...But these are my top 11.

CHROME_305
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Best game to me in no particular order

1.Rachet and clank

2.All zelda adventures

3. Mario 3 and the mario galaxies

4. luigi mansion

5. All games made by nintendo because you know it will be great

6. WWF no mercy

7. Civilization revolution

All the above will have you playing non-stop and even have you messing meals since they are so addictive.

Paprika
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM

Best DBZ game ever, damn I remember me and my cousin staying up all night playing this until the break of dawn (then getting up after a few hours sleep to watch dbz on early morning tv)

Noctis Caelum
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Here goes in order..

2. Halo 2 (Xbox/360)
5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
7. Portal 2
8. Portal 1

u mean top 12, nice list though i played a couple of those games

Raklik
01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Oh geez, first and foremost

DIABLO 1 !!!!
Diablo 1 is BY FAR my favorite game of all creation. Diablo 1 PAVED the way for MMO's and RPG's as we know it. Want to talk about a wave breaking idea? Follow blizzards path through succession and how they have not only down well, but absolutely DESTROYED most of the competition along the way. I hate to use it, but WoW anyone? 15 million users? For how many straight years? What other video game company has that kind of loyal fan base and followers that are willing to shell out over $150 to play the same game day in and day out......

but besides that and into consoles
1) FF 7 hands down. When i have over 250 hours of gameplay in one account and STILL have things to do.......it is the perfectionists dream game
2)goldeneye 007 / supersmash bros for N64
3) Zelda OoT
4) all mario series (mario 3!!) / sonic series (S3&K!)
5) Chrono Trigger
6) Portal 1
7) Mass Effect 1 (2 was horrible IMO)
8) Skyrim

and same as everyone else, i still have PLENTY of favorites to add to the list but these are the 8 that come to mind when i think of my favorite games created of all times. As i said, diablo 1 is still that crown jewel that paved the way to video games as we know it today. Do you think we would have a World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, RPGS like these that have MILLIONS of fans sitting here WAITING for the game to finally be released so we can waste our lives in front of an electronic screen staring at pixels all day.......but i wouldn't change it for anything else, lol. Diablo 3 has already consumed my soul and hasnt even been released yet

CloudStrife7x
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh geez, first and foremost

DIABLO 1 !!!!
Diablo 1 is BY FAR my favorite game of all creation. Diablo 1 PAVED the way for MMO's and RPG's as we know it. Want to talk about a wave breaking idea? Follow blizzards path through succession and how they have not only down well, but absolutely DESTROYED most of the competition along the way. I hate to use it, but WoW anyone? 15 million users? For how many straight years? What other video game company has that kind of loyal fan base and followers that are willing to shell out over $150 to play the same game day in and day out......

but besides that and into consoles
1) FF 7 hands down. When i have over 250 hours of gameplay in one account and STILL have things to do.......it is the perfectionists dream game
2)goldeneye 007 / supersmash bros for N64
3) Zelda OoT
4) all mario series (mario 3!!) / sonic series (S3&K!)
5) Chrono Trigger
6) Portal 1
7) Mass Effect 1 (2 was horrible IMO)
8) Skyrim

and same as everyone else, i still have PLENTY of favorites to add to the list but these are the 8 that come to mind when i think of my favorite games created of all times. As i said, diablo 1 is still that crown jewel that paved the way to video games as we know it today. Do you think we would have a World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, RPGS like these that have MILLIONS of fans sitting here WAITING for the game to finally be released so we can waste our lives in front of an electronic screen staring at pixels all day.......but i wouldn't change it for anything else, lol. Diablo 3 has already consumed my soul and hasnt even been released yet

finally someone gets it that FFVII is the best game ever, nice one Raklik :)

Here goes in order..

2. Halo 2 (Xbox/360)
5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
7. Portal 2
8. Portal 1

Final Fantasy X should be higher on the list lol, i would put it third because The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is better than it XD, but FFVII is better than both :P.

Raklik
01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
lets see how many other games out there allows you to COMPLETELY and fully create your own character exactly as you please? Materia anyone? you can make everyone the same, completely different, you can switch it up depending on what you are looking to do. Sunken Airship morphing baddies into skill ups? Maxing out all characters to 255 every stat, getting every single master materia, KILLING FUCKING MAGIC POT AFTER MAGIC POT AFTER MAGIC POT TO MASTER MATERIA.........but then the glory of seeing quad summon mimed knights of the round hitting 8x in a row and miming every time after that.......priceless

On top of the fact that through the 3 discs there is soooo much story and back lore it isn't even funny. It's about as in depth imo as a tolkein novel almost.

Noctis Caelum
01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
lets see how many other games out there allows you to COMPLETELY and fully create your own character exactly as you please? Materia anyone? you can make everyone the same, completely different, you can switch it up depending on what you are looking to do. Sunken Airship morphing baddies into skill ups? Maxing out all characters to 255 every stat, getting every single master materia, KILLING FUCKING MAGIC POT AFTER MAGIC POT AFTER MAGIC POT TO MASTER MATERIA.........but then the glory of seeing quad summon mimed knights of the round hitting 8x in a row and miming every time after that.......priceless

On top of the fact that through the 3 discs there is soooo much story and back lore it isn't even funny. It's about as in depth imo as a tolkein novel almost.
are u talking about FF....If so i played one of them one playstation 2 and i didnt like the fact u actually dont have complete control of wat u do....meaning fighting wise u press a button for a character to fight..U press a button they come out of line and hit the boss then move back in line....thought that was the dumb ass hell, so never gave another one a try...
this is wat i mean just incase someone wants to argue that im wrong about pressing a button..
Before i get Flammed by all u Hardcore FF fans its just IMO...remember that we r not all goin to agree on the same thing...dont cry becasue i stated how i feel about a game..Some of u will enjoy this old school vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcRnmrfntc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL0A982840A7458C6C

CloudStrife7x
01-24-2012, 05:59 PM
are u talking about FF....If so i played one of them one playstation 2 and i didnt like the fact u actually dont have complete control of wat u do....meaning fighting wise u press a button for a character to fight..U press a button they come out of line and hit the boss then move back in line....thought that was the dumb ass hell, so never gave another one a try...
this is wat i mean just incase someone wants to argue that im wrong about pressing a button..
Before i get Flammed by all u Hardcore FF fans its just IMO...remember that we r not all goin to agree on the same thing...dont cry becasue i stated how i feel about a game..Some of u will enjoy this old school vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcRnmrfntc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL0A982840A7458C6C

it is turn based but that's fine to me XD, but i agree i like the video lol, dont worry Final Fantasy isnt for everyone, so im guessing that you might like either of these games, look up Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus(shooter game not turn based still like it though lol) and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core(still kinda turn based but a lot faster so you dont really notice)

Raklik
01-24-2012, 06:06 PM
and if you want a good not really turn (classic FF style) game, FFXII (FF12) was a GREAT game as well that actually gave first time through to the real-time action battle system that we now see through FF-13. They took away from turn based go first system to an actual action/real time based system. So if your not a fan of turn style systems, try out FF12. out of the FF series i'd have to say

FF7
FF3 (or FF6)
FF10
FF12

would be my favorite FF's in order so far

EyelessHorizon
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
I have to say Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite game and I am looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2. I can't say any other Final Fantasy is my favorite because I haven't played them. :( I did play Final Fantasy X but I was too young to remember anything.

Noctis Caelum
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
well with all these positive statements u fuckers convinced me to go preorder it...i preordered it like an hour ago...They said something about i get a Custom Bow for a girl....Anybody know wat that is....

CloudStrife7x
01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
well with all these positive statements u fuckers convinced me to go preorder it...i preordered it like an hour ago...They said something about i get a Custom Bow for a girl....Anybody know wat that is....

lol, yes become one with Final Fantasy :P, and the bow is the Genji Bow for Serah and a alternate costume as well here are some pics:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/FFXIII-2_costume_BonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/FFXIII-2_bow_bonusLG.jpg

Also the Genji Bow: With a unique look for both its sword and bow forms, the Genji Bow allows the player to attack more frequently.

Alternate Costume: Visible throughout the entire game as well as in-game cut-scenes.

Noctis Caelum
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
that looks badass

MadeGuy
01-25-2012, 01:32 AM
I'd say the Legend of Zelda on the NES. Followed by Half Life 2. It it weren't for the latter's annoying loading, I'd love it so much more.

cuteelina
01-27-2012, 10:55 AM
GTA Vice City is the best game for me, because GTA Vice City has superb graphics and it’s very interesting to play.
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/742/742681/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories-20061030062020915-000.jpg

shadesdashadow
01-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm too lazy to pick one at the moment so I'll just say any big open world game with at least 100+ hours of game play and reasonable replay value.

I agree. But there are just so many to pick from. now if you were to break it by systems that might be a little easier. But for right now I would say the Mass Effect series. Plus I'm looking towards the new one anyway, specially the online feature they add to it!

ghostyoeri
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
it depend i really loved final fantasy 12 for ps2,

Mr.Plantman
03-01-2012, 01:09 AM
for me i prefer all games for different reasons

joshyeo
03-01-2012, 01:12 AM
best game ever made for me was cod 4 love that little cu nt a do

I C0z I
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM
my best Game is The King Of Fighter 94,95,96,97,98,99,2000,201,2002,2003 lol

Rip4
03-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Toughy but my favorites MUST be:

Action/Adventure : Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
FPS: Halo Series
TPS: Gears of War
RPG: Legend of Dragoon

There's a TON more, but just off the top of my head.

Randy smith
04-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Battlefield 3 all the way. MW3 sucks..

tukiya
04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
metal gear 4 guns of patriots

revsix6
05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
I really can't choose. There's a lot of game I like, especially:
Persona Series.....(even the nes)
All Final Fantasy Series
Any big open game/char. creation, FO3 FO:NV etc...Love FO2 apparently.
MGS Series...enough said....
Multiple play-through games.....so many to choose.
Legend of Dragoon.
List goes on, but still can't choose. :(

LordSoth67
05-01-2012, 02:03 AM
My top 3 favorites, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 6, and favorite of all time Legend of Zelda Link to the Past ( It was the first game that I played and was in awe of it, it showed what a game could be and should be ) It is amazing to this day that these 3 games being a couple megabytes apiece in size, have more play value than most dual-layer dvd and blue=ray games.

slap-a-hoe
08-02-2013, 04:57 AM
I recently got Vandal Hearts on the ps1 emulator and could not stop playing it for weeks

lickerout
08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
tough choices considering how many games i have played over the years
but my favorite game would be Final Fantasy 7
and my best game Would probably be Goldeneye the N64 version

John Henry Eden
08-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, for some reason I can't help but play this game for days.