PDA

View Full Version : The day when the 360 is finally cracked

pirknuts
02-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Can anyone actually imagine what we'll be able to do with the 360 when it's finally been fully cracked???

Magnus Hydra
02-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Well when some one figures out the private key to let use sign are own xexs and stuff like the ps3 it will be a great day but I dout it will happen.

Krauser
02-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Well when some one figures out the private key to let use sign are own xexs and stuff like the ps3 it will be a great day but I dout it will happen.
It will happen when MS will release a Next-Gen Console like Xbox 720, and reveal the Xbox 360 secrets to the ppl)

Renegade
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
....You really think that the 360 is going to be cracked wide open? No, no, no Never, After the xbox1 havok, I highly doubt they would just...widely open everything for people to abuse. The "private key" is private for a reason. It's bad enough what people do online with JTAG applied consoles.. Not to mention the horrors of what would happen if the private key was exploited.

Not gonna happen. Nuff' said.

shinwg
02-11-2011, 06:02 PM
what I don't understand ps3 is more powerful and more advance how it easier than 360 to hack.
should 360 b more easy to crack.

pirknuts
02-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey I'm not going to put all my chips into one pot, but you never know what can happen. They're some brilliant hackers out there and we just have to wait for them to become really bored.

game0606
02-11-2011, 10:39 PM
what can be done when the 360 is fully cracked i don't get it sorry if it's a noob question

Emerald Lance
02-12-2011, 01:11 AM
....You really think that the 360 is going to be cracked wide open? No, no, no Never, After the xbox1 havok, I highly doubt they would just...widely open everything for people to abuse. The "private key" is private for a reason. It's bad enough what people do online with JTAG applied consoles.. Not to mention the horrors of what would happen if the private key was exploited.

Not gonna happen. Nuff' said.
Judging by the tone of your post, I'd venture to say that what you meant was that -hopefully- it won't happen. lol

what can be done when the 360 is fully cracked i don't get it sorry if it's a noob question
Don't worry about it. That's why we're here. ^-^

What can be done to a fully cracked 360? Everything. No, I mean it, everything. If you've ever seen the kind of software running on a Wii with Homebrew Channel, that's basically what one can expect from a fully cracked 360. Hackers can make their own software to do anything they want: 3rd party media players, emulators, web browsers, cheat apps (similar to Gameshark or Wii's Ocarina app), etc. There would be no security system to keep people from playing pirated 360 games.

Basically, think JTAG but practically undetectable. You wouldn't have to go through the trouble of JTAGing your console (and potentially bricking it). You wouldn't need special keys to get online like you do with a JTAG. You would, essentially, be running a normal Xbox360 with all the perks of a JTAG and none of the downfalls. The 360 would instantly reach the same hacking status that the Wii is now.

pirknuts
02-12-2011, 02:17 AM
The possibilities would be endless! There would be way to many things to list what a cracked 360 could do.

game0606
02-12-2011, 04:25 AM
yeah i hope we can see this one day sounds sweet its gonna take a smart HACKER to crack the xbox360 that's all im saying doesn't sound easy

CloudStrife7x
02-12-2011, 04:57 AM
hopefully that day will come and when it does ill unleash omnislash on the world, lol

jordanpower6
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Don't think the Xbox 360 will ever be as hacked as the ps3 how did the ps3 keys get found? RSA could be stored on the 360 as well (probably not though) the only way to do it is if there is another hypervisor glitch which will probably get fixed in a week. Or if someone "tricks" the 360 somehow into booting into hackable or hacked dashes.

pirknuts
02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey you never know!? People laughed at the wright brothers when they said they were going to fly.

jordanpower6
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey you never know!? People laughed at the wright brothers when they said they were going to fly.

yea but the RSA is kind of full proof ive been following a lot of ideas about hacking the xbox but they all either come down to the RSA encryption stopping it or effuse's being a problem hopefully someone will find a way but if they don't then apparently the RSA encryption will be hacked by 2030 =)

pirknuts
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Well hey all we have is time. I like to hope that one day it will happen, but we'll have to see.

Emerald Lance
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
There's also X, or the unknown; info gets leaked all the time, and you never know when somebody high up, I dunno, gets drunk and spills the beans.

As far as tricking the 360 to open in a hacked dash, let me point you in the direction of something called the Twilight Hack. If you don't know what it is, then I'll save you the google search. Twilight Hack is a very old Wii hack that involves Twilight Princess (Zelda) and a modded save. In this save, your horse's name has been modded to be an insanely huge amount of letters long; the save puts you in front of a man, and when you talk to him he references your horse by name, which causes the Wii to overload and go into maintenance mode, where you can load any software that is compatible regardless of security clearance (ie, the Homebrew Channel). For a long time, this was THE way to soft mod your Wii.

Now I'm aware that the Wii and the 360 are totally different platforms, as well as I am aware that the 360 not only has intensely better security than the Wii but it updates with entire platform changers (as opposed to the Wii, who's updates consist solely of ways to keep people from hacking it). But if there were a way to similarly open the 360 in maintenance mode, then all we would need is a single program similar to Wii's Homebrew Channel. Basically, HC's only purpose is to allow homebrew software to install through another program that is already on the Wii (HC itself) which allows the software to bypass security check.

If the 360 could get a similar program that serves a similar function, as well as find some way to boot it without a hard mod (similar to booting HC through Wii's maintenance mode) then the rest ought to be easy peasy. It's just that initial hard part that's the problem.

Krauser
02-15-2011, 08:29 AM
There's also X, or the unknown; info gets leaked all the time, and you never know when somebody high up, I dunno, gets drunk and spills the beans.

As far as tricking the 360 to open in a hacked dash, let me point you in the direction of something called the Twilight Hack. If you don't know what it is, then I'll save you the google search. Twilight Hack is a very old Wii hack that involves Twilight Princess (Zelda) and a modded save. In this save, your horse's name has been modded to be an insanely huge amount of letters long; the save puts you in front of a man, and when you talk to him he references your horse by name, which causes the Wii to overload and go into maintenance mode, where you can load any software that is compatible regardless of security clearance (ie, the Homebrew Channel). For a long time, this was THE way to soft mod your Wii.

Now I'm aware that the Wii and the 360 are totally different platforms, as well as I am aware that the 360 not only has intensely better security than the Wii but it updates with entire platform changers (as opposed to the Wii, who's updates consist solely of ways to keep people from hacking it). But if there were a way to similarly open the 360 in maintenance mode, then all we would need is a single program similar to Wii's Homebrew Channel. Basically, HC's only purpose is to allow homebrew software to install through another program that is already on the Wii (HC itself) which allows the software to bypass security check.

If the 360 could get a similar program that serves a similar function, as well as find some way to boot it without a hard mod (similar to booting HC through Wii's maintenance mode) then the rest ought to be easy peasy. It's just that initial hard part that's the problem.
Heh i never knew about something like that,sounds very interesting "maintenance mode" :D I hope x360 will be hacked without LoZ:Twilight glitched save

jordanpower6
02-15-2011, 08:27 PM

Wonder what game you could do it on the 360 with if the 360 has maintenance mode (that's accessible through hacking).

Emerald Lance
02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Wonder what game you could do it on the 360 with if the 360 has maintenance mode (that's accessible through hacking).
lol I have no clue, myself.

In the case of the Twilight Hack, the save basically gives back a memory overload just big enough to semi-crash the game (and auto start maintenance mode) but not quick big enough to for-real crash it (and thereby freeze it). The 360's security is much more sensitive, and the online consequences are much harder to avoid than that of the Wii, since updating is actually necessary to play online with the 360 (while it is simply something that Nintendo suggests you do for the Wii). But if it can be done, it would be the same as a soft JTAG, if not maybe even slightly better than JTAG, at least until the next update hits.

I think the greatest benefit to this would be a potential app to find out the keys. That would be cool.

masterchief1657
09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
All I can say is that it is bound to happen somewhere in the future.