360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Save Hacking - Items - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    NeoRizer

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Save Hacking - Items

I'm starting to believe this so called editor will never see the light of day...I thought it was supposed to be out already? At this rate the information in this thread is insanely useful...*goes to manually hack save*

Array

I guess they also have things to do, other than working on the editor (Eating, living their own lives, etc,...), they are not like Pizza Delivery you know, give them times...Anyhow the Editor looks awsome, keep doing great job guys, rooting for you.

ManBearPig_06

Yeah, like you thought, saves can be slightly different. For instance, my Bestiary started and ended 9 bytes past where yours did, but I assume Genesis is accounting for things being non-static.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig_06 View Post
    Yeah, like you thought, saves can be slightly different. For instance, my Bestiary started and ended 9 bytes past where yours did, but I assume Genesis is accounting for things being non-static.
    I actually think the bestiary is 9 bytes longer than what I stated. I missed the optional parts the final boss summons, since I beat it before it had a chance to summon it the first time. They weren't in the inventory when I edited it, so its most likely the last 9 bytes. It isn't counted for the fragment, though.

ldsdrive

Is there any way to manually hex to enable all fragment skills?

ManBearPig_06

Well this is odd, I tried changing gysahl greens and phoenix blood to FFFF, and it loaded in-game, but when I tried to save again it froze my xbox. Did a few tests, each time did the same thing. The weird part comes in when I decided to just poke them in memory, got the same values loaded, and it lets me save normally. Something in the save obviously hates me.
    Last edited by ManBearPig_06; 02-15-2012 at 04:30 PM.

brass1

This is my first time making any kind of posts or anything but I think I have something to contribute to this. I found the locations for the monster stats in my current pack. I have edited and tested it and it seems to be working fine so far. In my save the location for the first monster is at offset 04831E in my app.dat file. 0490EE is the start of the second with 049ECE being the third. "27 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 E8 00 00 03 E8" is what the monster looks like with the first two bytes being the health and the last group being strength and magic seperated by two blank bytes. Hope you guys can understand and use the information.

NeoRizer

Does anyone have the values for Segmented Carapace and Spined Horn?

These are the only two items we're missing. I manually added everything in the game, gave myself 255 of each item. If people are getting corrupted saves don't replace items, just add them to the end of the list, works like a charm.

The only reason I was razzing Genesis for his editor is that he's bragging so much about how awesome it is and how useless the information in this thread is. It's hardly useless, this thread literally just helped me do what I needed to do to blitz this game without the grind.

We don't need an editor that complicated any way. Fragment pieces are a joke to find with the official guide and after you beat the game you can get a skill that helps you encounter rare monsters easily which will help you with that annoying bestiary fragment.

Any how, if someone gets the material values for those two items then we'd have a complete list.

Peace.