360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[TUT]kemaw firmware ps3[PICS]
Register

Hybrid View

WELLS51

big smile [TUT]kemaw firmware ps3[PICS]

Hey guys A guide on how to install Kemaw firmware. Kemaw is the most reliable firmware out there with almost no bricking.

So STEP 1: You are going to want to download Sony's Official 3.55 firmware as there is no 3.56 custom firmware You can get that here.

STEP 2:You can get the Kemaw the kemaw patch for 3.55 right here It's the most important thing in this whole tut.

STEP 3: Extract kmeaw_cfw_lv2.pkg.rar and copy the 3.55 official firmware to cfwhax folder

STEP 4: Open the cmd short cut inside the cfwhax folder and type "bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile"(without quotes).It should take a while and it may look like it's doing nothing but just let it run and it should go to the next line in cmd.

STEP 5: Bspatch should of output a file called PS3CFW.PUP, rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP and paste it on a usb in the directory F:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP(F:/ is only an example.)

STEP 6: Plug the usb in to your ps3 and update via media storage.

If you cant update in XMB: If you cannot install via xmb you need to install via recover menu you do this by turning you ps3 off hold the power but down until you here three beeps the will go one by one, let go and the ps3 should turn off hold the power button on until you here a double beep.

Connect a controller to your ps3 via usb and press the ps button.

Select System update and follow the on screen steps.
    Last edited by WELLS51; 02-20-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: To lazy to add pics.

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

Fire

links dont work... when they are working. will this allow me to play game off the hdd(internal/external) ?
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8585 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Array
    Yeah, I'm using the Kemaw fw 3.55, the new multiman that has bd emu support and I can confirm that killzone 2, killzone 3, infamous, RE5 all work from hdd with no game in bluray drive using the /app_home/PS3_game/ link on the xmb in games section after loading with mulitman.

Don't forget to load the level2 patcher before loading multiman or the bd emu wont run.

edit*
    I also forgot, crysis 2 works from Hdd but will only run with a disc in drive even with the bd emu running.

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    is there anything like the original xbox has? where you dont need anything in the drive to play a game.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8585 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Array
    Kinda, the blu ray emulator does that in multiman but it doens't work with all games yet, So far only a handful work with direct boot. I just tested bulletstorm and that one needs a disc in drive too. Hopefully pretty soon the managers will be able to just boot everything without patches.

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    is it really easy to mod the ps3? cuz, im willing to go buy a used one from gamestop. since they are $230 used. i wanna be able to download games & mod them. and mod what games i own as well.