360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
MSE - Jörmungandr - Star Ocean 4 - Editor - Page 12
Register
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    nope not related... as i use 2 different functions one for equipment and one for the other items...
    and that bug wouldn't cause the game to crash
    and it looks like that the "Other Items" bug is a artifact from the earlier version....

i'm going to send you a new version of the item editor so you can test it to see if everything is working for you...
    as i don't see any more bugs atm

====Update
    i updated the furst post again and uploaded the newest version of the item editor (v1.0.4)
    the only thing that doesnt seem to work well is
    if some equipment have a negative attribute value (ATK,DEF,INT,HIT,GRD) the editor will save it as a negative value but the game wont care much about that and will read a a completely differen value (mainly as an insane high number for an attribute)
    Last edited by cybersam; 03-04-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Seipherwood
    I cant seem to get it to work, its fine as long as i dont try to open a save game. When i do, i get this error

http://i56.tinypic.com/8xv3mq.jpg

Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    hmm... you have windows 7 right ?!... and aero is deactivated ?!
    if thats the case... then it seems i've forgot to check if the user has aero activated or not...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7501 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Seipherwood
    No im running Vista 64

Not sure if i have Aero or not though.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    vista... that weird... i thought i made sure that this function is only active in 7...
    i'll check that again...

=== just a side note
    you probably should update your OS anyway ^-^'''

== edit
    for those of you who are still using Vista... for what ever reason that maybe ^-^'''
    i uploaded a fixed exe for you guys ^-^'
    Last edited by cybersam; 03-04-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7501 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

Seipherwood
    I can only seem to add factors to 1 item of the 20, if i add it to a 2nd or 3rd item, it seems to reset the other item.

When i load my game back into the editor, it also removes some of the factors from them, im tryin to make 4 +20 Xp weapons, and 4 of other items and stuff but it keeps reseting factors and stuff.

Hmm seems its only letting me set 1 factor per slot, and if i goto another item it moves that factor, for example, Laser Armor 1 - +20 XP / +20 XP / +20 XP / +20 XP, if i goto Laser Armor 2 and put +20 XP, it loses it from the first Laser Armor and moves it to the 2nd.

Would it be possible to be able to set how many of each item we want? like when we enable Laser Weapon, instead of having 20 automatically, we can check On/Off in the 2nd menu if we want it or not? like only be able to enable 4 of each item instead of auto 20?
    Last edited by Seipherwood; 03-05-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    thanks for the report...
    the first problem where factors are removed... hmm didn't see that
    anyway i think i've fixed it now...
    here is a link to the new version
    i still haven't updated the first post as this could use some testing

as for the next problem...
    well that has something to do with how the 2nd and 3rd factors are saved...
    the editor can't read certain factors correctly
    but if you activate the Debug function you can see what the values are
    so if such factors appear where the factors are actually removed try to re add them by selecting those in the editor
    if the factor in question is not a closable one then you can send me the info you get from the debug field and the name of that factor and i'll add it to the editor

uh... well thats not possible atm...
    as it is tricky to add items because it is needed to change 3 different locations for just 1 item
    and the hardest part is the Item Order...
    i mentioned it throughout this thread and the in the workshop thread as well...
    that option will not be available... as it requires a lot more work
    because the smallest change to how the order is save can messup alot of things in the save ^-^'''

Rich Cook

Seipherwood
    If i add factors to items, it still moves them unless i skip like 3-4 items down, then it seems to be fine, if not it just seems to move the factors from 1 item to the next, cause i can change 1/3 and 2/4 will stay on the old item but 1/3 wont be there.

as for it not reading them, ive just been using the ones that are already in there, mainly the XP ones so i can level up :p