360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Sony Begins PS3 Bans
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

Fire Sony Begins PS3 Bans

Users of illegal firmware and applications getting the boot.

Sony wasn't fooling around yesterday when it announced it would be taking action against PlayStation 3 owners using illegal hacking software and homebrew applications to play pirated games.

An IGN tipster forwarded us an e-mail from Sony yesterday night asking him to remove his software hacks from his console or he will be banned from PlayStation Network.-

"Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently," a representative said in a statement given to IGN.

"Users can continue to use the PS3 system offline or use services that do not use PlayStation Network."

The letter in full has been posted below:

Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation 3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.

Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation Network/ Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions.

In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation 3 system. Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation 3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through your PlayStation3 system.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8584 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Extorris
    Array
    Lol there's already unban tutorials now.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array
    Can we please just move on?.. to the betting shop to put money on when the senior staff of Sony's gaming division will commit ritual suicide?
    I guess they still haven't learned anything and are still fighting the rest of the world, they were warned to go buy some lube but no they thought they could take it anyway. Myself i'm off to get some popcorn because this is going to be a great show, i've set my box to record and i'll watch it later.
    http://www.destructoid.com/psn-hack-...s-194361.phtml
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5639 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts