360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Algorithm Tool - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Algorithm Tool

Hoshikage

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    Yeah here's an easy one from After Burner Climax...

Info:
    -The CRC32 checksum is at (0x8 - 0xB)
    -The Length of the covered data is at (0xC - 0xF)
    -The data covered is at (0x10 - Length/EOF)

What Algorithm Value should we be getting in the calculator? Just to know am doing it right!

Woops its ok :)
    Last edited by pureIso; 02-22-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I am blind
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8243 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

DEADBEEF

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    What Algorithm Value should we be getting in the calculator? Just to know am doing it right
    On this gamesave...

Info:
    -The CRC32 checksum is at (0x8 - 0xB)
    -The Length of the covered data is at (0xC - 0xF)
    -The data covered is at (0x10 - Length/EOF)

If Calculating:
    -enter "16" as the "Calculation Start" (this is where the covered data starts at 0x10-length),
    -enter "16868" as the "calculation length" (this is the length of data covered at 0xC-0xF),
    -select the "CRC_32" type
    -then press "calculate" ...
    It should show you the checksum in the "algorithm value" box. That is the checksum on this gamesave. It is at (0x8 - 0xB).

If Brute Force:
    -enter "16" as the "Calculation Start",
    -select the type "CRC_32" (or "ALL"),
    -enter the known checksum into "algorithm value",
    -then press "start" ...
    It should start searching the file, then if found show you the length of data covered in the 'calculated length" box. That is the length of covered data and on this gamesave is at (0xC - 0xF).

These exact values will not be the same for any other file just this gamesave. You have to experiment, trial and error, and sometimes just let this program run for a couple days hoping you find it... lol

The purpose/use of the brute force is - if you know the checksum value and where at but maybe not know the type or length that it covers. By brute forcing you can find these values.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    My god, this is the most beautiful tool. I'm going to download and use right away! Thanks Jizza, I'll let you know the results. ^-^

EDIT: It works nicely. But it requires you to already know the checksum/hash; if you aren't certain of where it is and what algorithm it uses, this program can't calculate for you. Still, very nice work. Here's hoping for more updates! ;)
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6835 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

epicryu
    very nice app but it steel doesn't make coffe :P but very usefull , thx again

DEADBEEF

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    My god, this is the most beautiful tool. I'm going to download and use right away! Thanks Jizza, I'll let you know the results. ^-^

EDIT: It works nicely. But it requires you to already know the checksum/hash; if you aren't certain of where it is and what algorithm it uses, this program can't calculate for you. Still, very nice work. Here's hoping for more updates! ;)
    It can find the checksum type, position and length - when doing brute force you select it to "retry if not found" and when it gets to the end of the file it advances the start position +1 and starts over, so it can find them it just may take a while if you don't know where it starts at.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    It can find the checksum type, position and length - when doing brute force you select it to "retry if not found" and when it gets to the end of the file it advances the start position +1 and starts over, so it can find them it just may take a while if you don't know where it starts at.
    True, but you still need the algorithm in order to brute force the checksum. You need the calculation length to calculate, but in order to get it you need to brute force it and you need the algorithm value to do that, but in order to get that you need to calculate the algorithm, which puts us right back at square one; a perfect catch 22. You have to already know one to get the other. I admit, though, that checksums aren't familiar territory for me, and so I could be way over my head and missing something very important.

EDIT: Disregard that. I hadn't noticed it before, but my issue is the same one that 8Ball pointed out. In my ignorance, I chalked it up to the program. I'm running the same operating system as 8Ball (XP32-SP3) and you're running Vista and Win7, so I assume it simply doesn't work for XP users (at least 32bit running SP3).
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 04-02-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: I realized something and wanted to add it, but didn't see the need to bump the thread.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6835 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Hoshikage

Array
    Hey is it possible for an update?
    ---------------------------------
    When useing brute force - Would it be possible if you could implement algorythm selection.
    Example:
    Instead of brute forcing all, I want to brute force with all 32bits.
    This would reduce brute forcing time.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8243 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

DEADBEEF

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    Hey is it possible for an update?
    ---------------------------------
    When useing brute force - Would it be possible if you could implement algorythm selection.
    Example:
    Instead of brute forcing all, I want to brute force with all 32bits.
    This would reduce brute forcing time.
    Yes it would be possible and should be very easy to implement. If I get the time then I will re-do some things. I kind of let this one go prematurely - I had it just sitting in my projects folder for months and decided to release it thinking it could help others. So if I update it then it may be a total overhaul because I'm not completely satisfied with it. I can't promise an ETA or anything because I have a lot going on these days...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast