360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Resign IDs on an offline gamertag?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Resign IDs on an offline gamertag?

EDIT: I found out that I can still move files by using the "transfer" option when highlighting the HDD. No need for me to worry about profile modding. Thanks for all the help, guys! ^-^
    =================================================

Alrighty guys, I got a problem and I need your help. As some of you may or may not know, my old GT is perma-banned from XBL. Also, as some of you may or may not know, I just recently switched HDDs to a much larger one (moved from 20G to 160G). Most of my old data was signed to my banned profile, so in order to move it all between HDDs, I stuck the banned profile on a USB drive. Well, I recently got a PS3, so I reformatted my drive so that I could use it to transfer game saves between my PS3 and computer.

Fast forward to today. My old Sonic Adventure save is signed to my banned profile. I remember that I formatted the USB drive that my profile was on, so I go to download it again over XBL. I've never been given any issue with this in the past. But now I'm getting an error code (80154005) and am being reminded that my account is banned before being booted to the dashboard without my account. Without that account, I can't transfer my SA1 save to my new HDD (or even access it at all).

And here's where the knowledgeable folks at the haven come in. Microsoft obviously won't let me get my profile back, so currently all of the data signed to it is untouchable. But when I think about it, all the 360 really needs is the profile ID. So couldn't I just make a new profile (offline of course) and resign the whole thing with the old IDs from my banned profile? Would that work, or am I missing something important? And if it does work, would it be possible with Horizon?

EDIT: Really all I need to do is get the save files over to the USB drive so that I can resign it to my new profile.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6852 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

DEADBEEF

Array

Re: Resign IDs on an offline gamertag?

I don't think you can just Resign a Profile with new IDs. The Profile's Account Data needs to match up. But like I said "I don't think you can"...

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

And the account data would be stored in gpd format, and we don't know how to crack that yet. Right?
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6852 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Vincent Valentine

So just to make this simple you are trying to download your old profile that's banned right? So that way you can move your save to your other profile and use that one?

Quick question. Do you have a transfer cable?

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Your simplified version is correct. As for having a transfer cable, I don't. I thought about getting one at one point, but decided against it since I was doing alright just moving things around on my USB drive; most of the data on my old HDD was from my banned account anyway and I couldn't play it online without resigning, so I wasn't in a huge rush to transfer it all at once (I just transferred via USB drive as needed). I never dreamed that MS would make it so that you can't recover a banned account, so that's another reason I didn't bother with it.

Speaking of, I looked into why they did it, and they said it has something to do with being able to use banned accounts for a license transfer glitch. Funny that, seeing as banned accounts can't do license transfers to begin with.

--Gamefaqs.com

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Speaking of, I looked into why they did it, and they said it has something to do with being able to use banned accounts for a license transfer glitch. Funny that, seeing as banned accounts can't do license transfers to begin with.
    Incorrect. You were able to LT on Xbox.com. Not sure if you still can but you used to be able to.

As for your Save, you just want to resign it to your new profile?
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8149 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

When i made my online profile unstable i just took the id and put it on a brand new offline profile, it's been working perfectly, of course this offline profile has never seen live nor will it ever on my jtag but if i was so inclined i could also inject my profiles online id as well and update my profile with all my delicious new achievements, pity i don't care about those now, viva la free games.

Why you haven't resigned the game to a new id confuses me but whatever, I'm sure theres a reason for that.

Modio will take care of this for you in no time flat or you can do it manually.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5652 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

Phyllis2011you

I have learned a lot of practical things, thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast