360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Xbox 360 banned in germany - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

Re: Xbox 360 banned in germany

Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    Hah poor Germans, but I agree with Emerald, there wouldn't be that many people buying there first console at this late in the game.

@Delta SMG - That Orwell quote, where is that from? (Just finished reading his account of the Spanish Civil War, fascinating stuff)
    Its from George Orwell. 1945. Review of A Coat of Many Colours: Occasional Essays by Herbert Read, Poetry Quarterly (Winter 1945). Stuff u pick up that sticks in your head...lol!Had a Superior that loved to quote good old George, not to mention English Lit. 20 years ago in College.lol... Thanks for the shout out!
    Downloads : 37 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 58 || Thanks : 78 || Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR="#008000"]"Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR="#008000"]George Orwell [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR30ItV6lE7V3vZYvUo7SAjFIRG7UleXMSuIhzZLcsGkh3rgdUl[/IMG][/CENTER]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta SGM For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyhero View Post
    thank u for your service man i respect all soldiers i wish id enlisted wehen i planned to
    Its never too late to join buddy, its a big step to take that split from civilian life and drop everything you know and commit to military life. i joned at 21 and have never looked back, dont get me wrong it was a big decision but im gratefull in the long run.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 46 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

[CENTER][SIZE=6]:038:[COLOR="#00FF00"][/COLOR][FONT=Impact][SIZE=5]Stand back, the Fergatron knows Kung Fu[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

[COLOR="#00FF00"][CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][SIZE=6]No seriously i do!![/SIZE]

Array

banning the sale of xbox consoles is pathetic, its like motorola have thrown their teddy in the corner and said if your not going to pay for the software then no-one gets to play. Motorola = attitude of a Spoilt brat.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 46 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

[CENTER][SIZE=6]:038:[COLOR="#00FF00"][/COLOR][FONT=Impact][SIZE=5]Stand back, the Fergatron knows Kung Fu[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

[COLOR="#00FF00"][CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][SIZE=6]No seriously i do!![/SIZE]

Haven Donator
    Array

My wife who is in Germany right now said XBL is still working. We have internet from a German IP. I am thinking this is just the sale of the consoles. Games and accessories are still for sale all over the place.
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4853 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Delta SGM View Post
    Its from George Orwell. 1945. Review of A Coat of Many Colours: Occasional Essays by Herbert Read, Poetry Quarterly (Winter 1945). Stuff u pick up that sticks in your head...lol!Had a Superior that loved to quote good old George, not to mention English Lit. 20 years ago in College.lol... Thanks for the shout out!
    Cheers for that:) yeah I swear just going through his writing and you always pick up great quotes. One that is in my head from the Spanish Civil war is when he is talking about not shooting some guy because he was running and holding his pants up. Cracked me up to the point I had to stop reading:)

Just wish my school days we actually read books (we never touched animal farm or 1984) instead of being forced to watch bowling for columbine for the millionth time (we watched that so many times that I lost count)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5574 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

hiphop

Less competition on live :(

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by NormG27 View Post
    My wife who is in Germany right now said XBL is still working. We have internet from a German IP. I am thinking this is just the sale of the consoles. Games and accessories are still for sale all over the place.
    That's good to know. I mean, don't get me wrong, it makes absolutely no sense, but I'm happy for Germany that Motorola is thinking with their ass instead of their head.

Of course, it wouldn't be too much trouble for MS to do a large-scale system update and just change the video compression software, either. That is, unless, when they say "video compression software" they also mean the software used in the games as well, in which case an update for each game MIGHT also be in order. Motorola's just being child, but MS is being stupid.

That said, unless LIVE uses different software, I still am not counting out the possibility of Motorola striking against the online service as well.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

sterbehilfe

everything cool here in germany. we can still buy xbox consoles in our local store.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123