360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Sony the giant sues Graf for €1,000,000!
Register
    Extorris
    Array

Sony the giant sues Graf for €1,000,000!

It seems that the giant Sony is picking on the little guy again and sueing the scene developer graf_chokolo for €1,000,000 that works out as £856,820.62 or $1,378,396.64 USD. Even with all this going on it does not worry the developer he still wants to do more for the scene. Gotta worry for the PR guys for Sony as they are not helping themselves with the poor choices they are making. Here is the statement from Duckio / Crunch

Code:
    I received a legal notice from SCEE lawyers requesting me to remove the coolstuff links that graf_chokolo has distributed on grafchokolo.com as well as the links at this blog. What i found interesting in the legal notice is that the lawyers are suing graf_chokolo for 1 million euros. That is quite a number, but graf_chokolo doesn’t seem to care. 

He still want to hack the PS3, where he said he cannot sleep knowing that he cannot touch the hypervisor of the PS3. Man, i never see someone like graf, he is an extraordinary genius hacker that Sony wasting it by making a lawsuit against him.

Code:
    Back  I don’t have a PC at home now guys, so i will post here only when i’m able. I will try to answer all your questions about HV and installing Linux. But expect some delays because as i said i don’t have access to the Internet all the time.

You know guys, you will say i’m totally crazy now, but i never slept better
    than in the last 2 days  I don’t know how to explain this feeling but
    i don’t care about those threats with jail and high money penalties, btw, SONY wants about 750.000 euros from me if i don’t cooperate  They don’t know me at all  I don’t care about it and they might double it  The higher is the sum the higher gets my motivation  They don’t understand what makes me tick. Money and even my life doesn’t mean to me very much without knowledge. I have a scientific mind and the knowledge is food to my brain. Without HV, Linux and FreeBSD kernel hacking my life is meaningless.

I miss my HV terribly  In the last 2 days i got so “hungry”
    for more knowledge that i cannot control it anymore. I need knowledge and research, it has a huge meaning in my life. Jail or even death cannot hold it back anymore.

The SONY’s laywer asked me why i’m doing what i’m doing, because of my hatred for SONY ? He cannot understand why i’m doing it, because he is paid for what he does. I’m not. I don’t hold a grudge against SONY even now  Hatred clouds your mind, keeps you from more important things. I have a better use for my mind and knowledge 

So, SONY you failed again, you took my equipment but my mind is still free and you canot control it. You failed again. They are just tools, i can get new ones and will continue my HV reversing and bringing back PS3 Linux which you took from us. If you want me to stop then you should just kill me because i cannot live without programming, HV and Linux kernel hacking  You know who am i and where i live, so come and get me !!! 

And to prove it, i will reopen right now my HV reverse engineering page  And i will post my latest findings about Update Manager and BD drive here. Most of you know already that i was able to update CORE OS from Linux. And on the last weekend i tries to hel some PS3 devs with BD drive authentication and discovered some interesting stuff about it which i will post here.

And please guys, could someone post here a link to the latest version of my cloned Linux kernel. I need it. The last week i implemnted a updater for Linux and it was finished but the police got first before i could upload it. But do not fear, i have everything in my head  I can write it down again and show you how it works.

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @
    graf_chokolo earned my respect.
    I think Bill gates rolling now on his dirty floor and laughing his ass off.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9404 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

Haven Donator
    Array
    Wouldn't sursprise me if Mircosoft hired this Guy to ruin Sony. :)
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5375 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Developer
    Array
    IF Sony keeps Up There Going To Lose Alot Of Money Soo -_-
    Downloads : 56 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5326 || Posts : 427 || Thanks : 214 || Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts

Luv You

S.A.M. Modding Heaven

Array
    dude didn't they do this with psp hacking scene GOD FATHER DarkAlex or at least scare him w/ this bs. Come on sony, don't get angry b/c you lost to the hackers. Hell nintendo and m$ didn't(they just went w/ it and try to punish those who do, and it may not work, but still sony don't be a douchebag about losing... not cool)

They should just be happy their console lasted that long w/o being hacked. The 360 and wii were hacked w/ in months. While the PS3 lasted a couple of years if I'm thinking right.

All sony did was present a challenge, that was took'n on by the hackers and lost. Sorry sony, but you lost. So don't be a sore loser, show some dignity at least.
    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 48 || Rep Power : 5481 || Posts : 450 || Thanks : 94 || Thanked 467 Times in 179 Posts

Editing, Dumping

This Nerd Won't Quit No Matter What

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by RRReid294 on youtube;
    Hotz WILL win against SONY as legally they don't have any leg to stand on all they are concerned about is the fact that people will use it to play pirated content, making them lose money, even though he has made it clear that he has tried to prevent this and only make homebrew work.
    So after he has beaten them he'll then be offered a job with sony, where he will then tell them where they are flawed on security issues.
    and the world keeps spinning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG9r7...ure=fvw]George
    I agree with this guy.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9404 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    haha sony never learns
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I agree with this guy.
    As do I. I don't know about how German law handles copyright (Graf is German) I do know that at least American law has Graf as winning, and I know that American law is stricter than most. So yeah, just like Ken Penders trying to sue Archie Comics for their Sonic series (he did, look it up) this will be big news in the community it concerns (us) for a couple month and then people will stop caring.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6834 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com