re: Dragon's Dogma Modding - Full Save Editing

It is now!

Advertiser
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by woodenman View Post
    It is now!
    You're right, now I'm requesting that you gtfo of thread with editing requests. :-)

Advertiser
    modder

Array

Has anyone else tried to do a full pawn rebuild (minus the stats) through the editor? Got bored of my playing my current character and bored of the pawn I had so my plan was to take all the aesthetic attributes of my character, skills, and gear, and apply all of them to my pawn and then re-do my character's look and whatnot through the in-game editing options. So I modified those 3 previously mentioned areas on my pawn while changing the specific values for gear ownership and upon trying to load the game, it's trying to start a new game all together from the "Load Previous Save" option. Not sure if it's because I haven't edited my current character at all and the games confused since my pawn is nearly identical to my character so if anyone's tried something similar to this I'd like to hear about their results. I'm going to try and do the aesthetic edits through the game first and then edit stats through the save editor and see how that turns out now.

AidonoYu

HI guys, has anyone been able to UN-corrupt a modded stat pawn? I was just wondering and no my pawn is fine

AidonoYu

Quote Originally Posted by xiuhko View Post
    So, if your pawn data is corrupted, your GT gets a ban or is there a way to undo that? By starting a new game for example.

Edit: Just tried it on my other GT. If you corrupt your pawn data you can just load a previous save and it'll fix it. Backing up your save is a very good idea.
    Ok I just verified this and it seems true with the exception that you MUST Rest at an Inn for your pawn stats to update. I made a silver account and made it to the "Encampment" for my dummy pawn. Made a back up of this dummy save then corrupted it on purpose modding the pawn's HP and Stamina. I checked with my Gold Account and sure enough my dummy pawn had "Corrupted Pawn Data Deleted." I reloaded the backup and but server kept saying pawn data corrupted.
    Going crazy I just figured just to save after I rested at at Inn. The "Accessing Server" box popped up and and dummy pawn could be rented again.

I tried it 2 more times with different factors.

1st one modded exp leveled up dummy pawn to 27 so it looked fine, was still able to rent

2nd time Made Backup save then modded the Level instead of the Exp and it was corrupted, reloaded back up save still at 27 rested at an Inn and once again pawn could be rented again.

So now Exp modded so pawn is level 38 and is currently able for rent. Just got a Xbox Live card for the dummy account so I can mess with other games so now it's Gold. If want to verify look for Lvl.38 Fighter named HULK

Hope this helps

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy713 View Post
    Actually this is incorrect, you would only increase the mStorageItemCount by the amount of items you're adding. If you'd adding 5 new items that are all different, mStorageItemCount goes up by 5. If you're adding 5 items but they're all the save, mStorageItemCount would only increase by 1. data.mNum and data.mDay1 on the other hand are set to = the amount of the particular item that you want.
    I didn't know that, it still works for me though.
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4672 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

Advertiser
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by AidonoYu View Post
    HI guys, has anyone been able to UN-corrupt a modded stat pawn? I was just wondering and no my pawn is fine
    Yes although it's a bit of a pain. Go to the dragon's dogma wiki and look at the stat growths by vocation. When you're modifying your pawns stats, as long as you mod it based on the calculation of stat growth you could un-corrupt it. As long as the pawn has stats that are appropriate values that would have been obtained though leveling, it should load up fine.

JSlomo19

Great guide!